Apex 460 P-T14/1 CEK-12 looking for help.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iammichaelcarr

I know this isnt the first thread regarding this microphone and mod. However im scouring the internet and i have found i am still misunderstanding the information ive viewed.

How do i wire the T14-1 transformer in place of the Apex 460 stock transformer and what does this diagram mean?

Peluso t14-1
6YOQQf1.jpg

f6eXZc8.jpg

Apex 460
Kj0oJQF.jpg

Kwj0Z8b.jpg

vqmtpo0.gif

Hmm.
What is it you are trying to do here?
The apex 460 can be modifed from the ccda (using both triodes) circuit, which is the diagram depicted using the stock transformer, to the circuit of the ELAM/C12 type microphone.
But that is a plate follower circuit, using single triode and the T14 transformer.

You'll need to do more than change the transformer.
Further the peluso transformer has 250 and 50 ohm output possibility, that is where the instruction is for.

okay, so basically i have the apex 460 a CEK-12 and the T14/1. i work for a studio and they told me to put those components together.

Basically i'll do whatever, but im not entirely sure about the ELAM circuit and what that means.

So my following question is, what else is required to make this microphone similar to a C12

There are tons of information about this mod all over the internet. Regarding the transformer as well, maybe if you just google?

I have tested the original Apex 460 transformer in the past, and it wasn't bad at all.
No idea if the Peluso transformer will be a real improvement. (Looks like a small core.)

RuudNL said:
I have tested the original Apex 460 transformer in the past, and it wasn't bad at all.
No idea if the Peluso transformer will be a real improvement. (Looks like a small core.)

+1

kingkorg said:

:'(

At this point I just have to install it. It’s not my microphone. The guy wants what he wants.

With that being said is there any advice that you guys know of or links to further information that I can read to help make sense of the swap. Thank you guys!

If you just type apex 460 mod in google you get to this link :)

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/geekslutz-forum/111879d1235602544-apex-460-mod-u47-apex-460-mods.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwje3uG78eDaAhWhhKYKHUMJA-0QFggWMAU&usg=AOvVaw2QZKGbC7MGtwfMdorEAu1D

this page is so clutch, thank you for sharing this!

so my question continues. Though

Apex 460 Cinemag --------  CM-2480 Peluso
              Red                                                Red
              White                                          Brown
              Green                                          Yellow
              Black                                            Orange

How do i take the transformer that i have, that has 6 wires, and make it look something like the diagram its explaining here.

Back