3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="discobloud"]also i still can't find the pushbutton switch anywheres... i bought the wrong one... again does anyone have a digi key number that works?

thanks

mark[/quote]

These should work:

Digikey Part #: 401-1223-ND
ITT Part #: F2UEE

Cheers,
--
Don

Just finished the first half of my stereo night eq. Never heard one of those before and I must say I'm impressed... :grin: :grin: :grin:
Just tested it on some vocals, 12strings, drum groups, etc. Really nice.
Especially the Air Band. Smooooooth.
Once again, a big thank you to Kevin and Peter. :thumb: :guinness: :sam:

Another PSU question.

I have polarised electrolytics for the 4 100nf caps but it doesn't say on the pcb which side should be positive? Are MKTs ok here? If not how do I position the 'lytics?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick
If those are Peter`s psu,they are marked with +(for the lytics).
four 1000 mfd and two10mfd.
for the others caps,i used ceramics,but those mkt will do just fine.
best regards
pedro

Thanks Pedro, in the BOM there is a mouser link to some 'lytics for the 0.1uf caps, that confused me a bit. I have some 0.1uf MKT so I'll just use those.

Cheers

Nick

The 470K rev log Omeg P20 pots with a centre ident (click) are now in stock (part number OM-01-066).

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/potentiometers_carbon_20mm_diameter_single_gang.html (bottom of the page)

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

thanks for posting those kevin!!
i may do a air-band only build after i finish the dual full band.
has the pcb layout you released a while back (i think it's v.3 or something) been tested? i really should try it myself and see - but just wondering.

also, just wanted to thank colin for offering the omeg 470K rev. log pots with center detent. i can't believe how fast they were delivered from the UK to the US (it only took 6 days!! :shock: ).
not trying to promote anything here, but i ordered some parts for a triangle muff pedal i'm building for a friend from smallbear and ordered it 9 days ago and it still hasn't arrived. i'm sure the 500K rev. log pots that smallbear is carrying (and has been reported to work well) are great for the price, but have no fears if ordering the 470K rev. log pots from colin (AML) especially if you want the center detent option. thanks so much colin!! :thumb:

regards,
grant

WOOHOO!!!
Just finished building/testing the EQ, me likey :green:
Got the pots this week, again a fast one from AML :thumb:

Unit sounds great, can't wait till i get the purusha case.

Cheers
Pim

I am looking to put a "true" air band only (no 2.5k shelf, only the switchable shelf band) into the output of a compressor path. As it is in circuit, I do not need inout or output amps, just single ended. It looks like the input stage (pre cap) can just be deleted, any ideas on the output? Can I just use the U5 block & leave out the U4 block? Or visa versa.....

[quote author="3nity"]trying to find the 100uH inductors at Digikey but without results!! anyone??[/quote]

I used these:

Mouser Part #: 542-78F101-RC
Manufacturer Part #: 78F101J-RC
Manufacturer: J.W. Miller
Description: Conformal Coated Chokes 100uH 5%
Page: 818

I think they are available at DIGIKEY also.
Not sure what the difference of a choke & inductor are but they look like what was in my original unit & they are working... also, someone pointed me towards these early on in this project.

Still can't say if they're NEEDED or not. :?
The unit does seem to sound good without them too but I don't have dog hearing :green:

So are people using the slenderchap pots or the small bear .
ill bet the dented pot is nice
Im trying to put my order together and its a pain .
Thanks KHstudio for this and peterc as well .
gary

Back