500/51X Series SLQ51X SSL styled 4000 EQ / Filter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point.. assuming it’s similar, the brown knob doesn’t have trim pots for high shelf, low shelf, or overall level. Just the mid bands and filters. I wouldn’t complain if it had overall level trim for me, I’m seeing a bit of a level bump when engaged vs bypass. That might be because balanced design was added to the circuit? Just a guess. I’m contemplating running it unbalanced on my console channel send/returns, which are unbalanced

Last edited:
Should the highlited pin below be shorted to the pin above it? The pin above it goes to ground (so the highlited pin is continuous to ground, too). I suspect a solder bridge between the highlited pin and the one above it inside the connector, but it's quite involved to fix it so wanted to confirm. Thank you!
PXL_20231021_185552703~2.jpg

Sorry for all the spam- this is my last post since I found my issue. Apparently, I scorched the board at one of the low freq gain pot through holes, causing it to short to ground. Instead of using the damaged through hole, I soldered in a jumper wire and the kit is working as expected. The biggest clue was that one of the legs of the pot was continuous to ground. Thanks everyone for your help!

Latest posts

Back