Antidepressants and the maggots of the mind

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be amazed that a lot of treatments have been developed by countries like Cuba, fi, but had to be smuggled into that great capitalist system of yours by a backdoor, because "the market" would never accept it if the public knew where the research came from.
I'd like to see a source for this - thanks!

You might be amazed that a lot of treatments have been developed by countries like Cuba, fi, but had to be smuggled into that great capitalist system of yours by a backdoor, because "the market" would never accept it if the public knew where the research came from.

Besides, it's expensive to test and certify treatments because that's what the industry wanted. It kept out smaller companies so these could easily be scooped up. And it also kept the industry's insurance bills down.

These days, AI can suggest so many interesting molecules for research, it's no longer a field driven by great minds but just another boardroom stats program that decides which molecules to invest in. No sentiment allowed, just cold hard numbers to present to shareholders.

The sad truth is that science is driven by reputation and reputation today equals number of publications and number of quotes. Since these numbers have been corrupted by fake publications resulting in fake "quoted" stats, research went the way of politics. These fake publishing companies get exposed every now and then, but relatively little harm is done to the scientists as long as they keep working for their present employer. Win-win, from the industries' viewpoint.

Once it gets too big, it tends to get corrupted somehow...
I might be amazed... show me the data.....

JR

I already showed you the data years ago. You choose to ignore that one case.

It takes a bit of effort to find the origin of research. There are many cases like Ebola, where big pharma doesn't do any research but gobbles up what others have developed.

I already showed you the data years ago. You choose to ignore that one case.
apparently unconvincing back then too
It takes a bit of effort to find the origin of research. There are many cases like Ebola, where big pharma doesn't do any research but gobbles up what others have developed.
IIRC the mRNA vaccines were developed years ago to deal with deadly viruses circulating on the African sub continent but there weren't enough wealthy nations to support effective roll outs. Big Pharma is a business.

Cuba develops new drugs against cancer and other diseases The state group BioCubaFarma is currently carrying out 102 projects, of which 75 have a Cuban patent. I recall Chauvez going to Cuba when he was dying from cancer unsuccessfully, while they kept Fidel vertical for years longer than expected.

In any business with this much revenue there will be corruption. Lots on the sales side influencing doctors to prescribe by using attractive female sales reps. From time to time corruption pops up on the approval side (conflicts of interest with outside experts). These days it is hard to make sense of emergency approvals to vaccinate groups not really at high risk. The average age of COVID deaths is 80+. (sorry ).

JR

PS; US is catching up to Spain for nations with most monkeypox cases. Hows that for diversity?

For some more Fentanyl news border agents have seized thousands of rainbow colored, candy shaped , fentanyl pills at the border. I understand the commercial proposition to sell fake prescription drugs to sell profitably, but who is going to buy drug laced candy?

This seems clearly targeted at killing young children and is despicable.
iu

They be monsters... secure the border.

JR

This seems clearly targeted at killing young children and is despicable.
More likely an attempt to get through border and customs controls. Thankfully there is no money to be made in killing children indiscriminately like this.

Do you happen to know the concentration of the substance? If the goal was to kill someone eating the "candy" a very low concentration would suffice.

More likely an attempt to get through border and customs controls. Thankfully there is no money to be made in killing children indiscriminately like this.
DEA said:
Lofland reported that the DEA tested the confiscated pills and found that many had been laced with methamphetamines and animal tranquilizers. “Some of the multi-colored pills that we’ve been testing in our labs recently, particularly a recent batch that appeared to be children’s chewable vitamins, were tested by our lab as containing both fentanyl and methamphetamine.”
It looks like they are trying to hook younger customers. Of course killing customers is poor business.
Do you happen to know the concentration of the substance? If the goal was to kill someone eating the "candy" a very low concentration would suffice.

It only takes something like 2 milligrams of fentanyl to kill someone. but no I haven't heard data on specific chemical assays. Border agents have seized tens of thousands of rainbow colored pills, and millions of fentanyl laced pills.

I remain suspicious of this as maybe being fake news planted to stir up securing the border as a campaign issue, because it is such bad business, but it appears to be pretty widely reported.

JR

Latest posts

Back