Antidepressants and the maggots of the mind

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you trying to tell me? All I am saying here is that that story was bogus. Which goes back to the topic of showing healthy skepticism wrt to stuff circulating on social media and low quality media outlets.

Is illegal fentanyl ****ing dangerous? Obviously.

What are you trying to tell me? All I am saying here is that that story was bogus.
It is apparent what you're saying.
Which goes back to the topic of showing healthy skepticism wrt to stuff circulating on social media and low quality media outlets.
I'm skeptical of people who didn't examine the officer making a diagnosis. Low quality media outlets have made all kinds of provably incorrect statements recently (Biden laptop is Russian disinformation, the Covington kids actively provoked a native elder, Covid vaccines prevent infection and transmission of the disease, Kyle Rittenhouse shot only black people, Ivermectin and HCQ are dangerous poisons, inflation is transitory, Putin has caused inflation, etc.).

Is illegal fentanyl ****ing dangerous? Obviously.
And it can be absorbed through the skin. The Slate piece is full of bogus claims. Yes, it took effort to develop fentanyl patch tech, because the need was for a controlled dose delivery over time. That has nothing to do with whether absorption through skin is possible. It mentions dry skin. How do they know the officer wasn't sweating or had used a soap or lotion containing dipropylene glycol? Read the link I provided which indicates sweat increases absorption. He may have inhaled, ingested, and/or absorbed the drug in any combination, not simply a single pathway.

BTW, that story about the cop paralysed by getting exposed to fentanyl (it was circulated here, too)- it's BS:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-are-the-risks-of-touching-fentanyl/
Agree. There's no medical data (vital signs, physical exam, time course) available to indicate this was a fentanyl OD, and needing 4 doses of Narcan intranasally to wake him up doesn't make any sense. If it was (more likely) vasovagal syncope or "panic attack" (OMG, I touched some white powder!), by the time he got those doses he'd have regained consciousness.

And he doesn't sound like a very reliable personality:

'Dan: In 2018, a man in Ohio pleaded guilty to assault on a police officer after fentanyl powder fell onto, I believe, the police officer’s shirt. And then the officer had what was most likely a panic attack. He pleaded guilty to assault and drug charges and spent six years in prison. That officer, Chris Green, was fired last June for, I’m reading here, more than two dozen violations of the policy manual, including dishonesty, discourteous treatment of the public, and gross misconduct. I like the phrase “discourteous treatment of the public.” '

https://newrepublic.com/article/163801/police-fentanyl-overdose

I wouldn't worry too much about Fentanyl. There's already so much other dangerous stuff in the drinking water in some parts of the USA that it seems only a very small worry...

I wouldn't worry too much about Fentanyl. There's already so much other dangerous stuff in the drinking water in some parts of the USA that it seems only a very small worry...
Fentanyl is the leading cause of death for young US adults (18-45YO).

That seems exactly like something to worry about for casual drug users (not me).

JR

Fentanyl is an excellent analgesic when used appropriately, and I have given it to patients when indicated. The problem is that counterfeit street drugs are laced with it, sometimes in lethal doses.

Atlanta – The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) Drug Surveillance Unit has received increased reports of overdoses due to drugs mixed with fentanyl, particularly cocaine, methamphetamine, and counterfeit pills. Overdoses have been reported in several areas of the state over the past month.

Between early February and mid-March, at least 66 emergency department visits involved the use of cocaine, methamphetamine, crack, heroin, pain killers and cannabis products that were likely laced with fentanyl. Patients described extreme reactions to drugs – one patient reported taking a Percocet and went unresponsive – or patients were seen for a stimulant overdose but had a positive response to naloxone. Naloxone is administered to reverse the effects of opioid
overdoses.

Fentanyl is a deadly substance that can be made illegally and found in all types of street drugs, not just opioids. It is important to know that it is possible to have an opioid overdose from a stimulant (e.g., cocaine) that is laced with fentanyl.

https://nwgapublichealth.org/increased-reports-of-overdoses-involving-drugs-mixed-with-fentanyl/

Yeah. It overtook suicide. Remarkable...
Prescription drugs like adderal and xanax that are popular with young people are being laced with fentanyl when sold by criminal dealers over social media. These are characterized as overdoses, but in many cases they think they are taking something else. These are arguably poisoning. That seems like a bad business model for drug dealers (poisoning customers).

China who supplies the raw materials to the Mexican cartels to manufacture fentanyl do not even value their citizens lives, western lives even less.

I would make sure young people had access to naloxone to maybe keep a fellow young dumbass alive.

JR

How many of these overdoses are suicides?

Now I think of it, how many car accidents are suicides?

It all adds up, somehow. No way to fool mother nature.

There are always two sides to this... a benefit from increased awareness, and the downside of patients pestering doctors for easy remedies.
More than one side because we pay for it. The advertising budget comes from somewhere and it isn’t corporate profits or salaries. There is so much slop in for profit medical care. A very profitable sector on the back of the citizens. It seems like for every life saving remedy you get four drugs for toenail fungus.

Latest posts

Back