Apex 460

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdee,

Could someone please direct me to pics that show where easy solder points are for the plate on the first stage of the tube + the ground? I wish to solder in a 200 pF styrene capacitor to roll off a bit of the high end.

Last edited:
Thanks but i am hoping there may be pics of soldering positions on the pcb or even a pic showing the capacitor in place from someone that thas done the mod.

Errr, I suppose so. I just assumed it would be connecting 2 spots on a PCB like this (but instead, the equivalent spots on the 460's PCB) :

Pic 1.jpg

Yes, it showed the pin outs for the 12AX7 series. Unfortunately I didn't see it stating what the different pins were.

I must be missing something. You posted 2 links, one is a thread with the schematic in the first post and the other shows the numbers/positions of the pins on a socket. I can see Pin 9 is called “base pin” so i assume that’s the ground.

Last edited:
I can see Pin 9 is called “base” so i assume that’s the ground.

All nine pins of the tube are clearly numbered in the second diagram there, are they not?

The term "base" is used in a mechanical sense, referring to the footprint.

Tubes have no "ground" - you can connect any pin to any point in a circuit; whether it will blow up or not is an entirely separate issue.

How about pin 1 or 7, and pin 9 respectively? 🤨

Latest posts

Back