Aputis M49 body kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andriejus said:
Bowie,

Could you make some detailed pictures of particular places of Peluso mount?

Kind regards,
Andrew
Sure thing, Andrew.  Just email me a list of the types of measurements and/or pics you need; ProAudioTubes at aol .com

Hi All,

Finally finished the construction of a yoke mount. Some parts that need CNC machining are ordered and hope to make the real thing very soon.

Features:

All parts are from solid brass
Compatible with original Neumann M49 or with Aputis M49
Satin nickel plating
Welded parts using brazing technique

and some other...

Please find some 3D renders that I've made yesterday. Any ideas or comments are very welcome.

M49yoke02e-th.jpg

M49yoke06e-th.jpg

M49yoke05e-th.jpg

M49yoke04e-th.jpg

M49yoke03e-th.jpg

M49yoke01e-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hey All,

yes sure there are some important news.

Good:

1. Parts are ordered and are being manufactured;
2. M49 yoke mount prototype partially made with really great results;

Bad:

1. Do not have exact date as my machinist does it after working ours in stealth mode :D, however working like this takes longer but we have better price;

Will post some yoke pictures later.

Kind regards,
Andrew

M49 yoke mounts are important and cool, but the production of the M49 bodies is even more important.
Your M49 prototype was ready on July 29, 2015. That was eight months ago.

I understand that all projects take a longer time than you (or anyone) first expect.

But, it's also important not go get distracted by side-projects: You can sell M49 bodies even if the yoke mounts are not ready, but I don't think you will sell a lot of yoke mounts if the bodies are not ready.

But that's just my humble opinion.  As always, I’m very impressed with what you have done so far.

- Stefan

Not usually a fan of generalizations, but for manufacturing this is always true:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 39
Hi Andrew! I've sent you a mail. Are these M49 body's a one opportunity only?  And am I already too late?

I can't afford to pay until the summer. But I really want 2 of these body kits, and I don't want to miss out.

Kind regards
John

Back