Black Market renamed?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodun

I think it is about time that the Black Market was renamed Andre Tchmil's personal parts supply store?

just kidding, but seriously,  would not the White Market be a more apt location for this member's wares? It would also provide some money to GroupDIY, no? 

I realize the moderators are allowing his many black market listings, but it would be more considerate to either open a  White Market account, to provide GroupDIY with some income, or at least try to consolidate some of the dozens of listings, like other member do. 

Rant ended.

You could count me in there too.  You don't like any of his or my stuff?  : )  He's a contributing member if you haven't noticed. 

Point is the WM is for stores with continuous merchandise, repeat sales.

The BM should be able compete with ebay, because they need competition. There was an attempt to institute a more formal BM with fees, which went nowhere.  There's an ebay subhead for listing ebay auctions, but not stores. 

just kidding really, but  I see your point, and I understand.

however, consolidation of individual posts is still a good idea, to be more streamlined, without burying everyone else posts.

I did wonder if we could somehow limit to three active threads per member, with multiple listings per thread. Then members could list as many as they like without filling page 1.

We did debate this not long ago.  There's another thread and consensus within the year.  Yes, some consolidation is good, and good manners.  Some things don't consolidate well, and a list limit would hamper movement.  It's really not that hard to keep scrolling down.  Andre's current page 1 presence is about as large as is ever seen.  A lot of it could be combined.  If you have various stuff it all can't possibly fit in one title, and people don't look inside unless it's in the title.   

It would make it easier to post multiple items in a single post if more than one image were allowed as an attachment. It's a pain having to setup images on an image hosting site to get around it.

It could be re-named  " The Market " or market place  if black market no longer seems appropriate

When someone posts multiple threads it more quickly pushes other peoples threads down, and is
why I use only one thread for all and anything I have,  I think that should be the rule.
How often should someone bump ? [ I bump mine whenever I see mult listings ]

As the white market is for business,  [ there are no longer " real " grp buys here anymore  ] I take the black market as
personal , one off's things that originally came from prodigy member's place. My listing will get smaller as I sell off things
I got here and I don't continuously  feed new stuff into it, it's not a business, more like to trying to break even.
I'd have no problem listing only things I've bought from prodigy.

Keep in mind when you bump your own post in a thread you also push your own post down within that thread... If you bump enough you push your post down to another page...  If I see that many bumps and no info without more effort I'm gone, but I am not your target demo...

It might be nice if the thread order was based on views more than bumps, if a item gets a lot of views there is interest and it should be at the top.  If it gets a lot of bumps that suggests the opposite.

JR

I still feel some rot of limit to the amount of active threads would not be a bad idea but it's no deal breaker.

While we are discussing the BM can I just say that if a seller asks for "offers" I will never ever contact you!  I can't be bothered figuring out what your item is worth if you can't.  Am I alone in this?

I'm with you there, to me
offers mean you're hoping someone will actually give you more than it's worth or you paid ?
And as I don't want to insult you with a lowball offer , I won't bother unless it's exactly what
I've been looking for.
As Emrr pointed out one of the prime effective factors is having the post on the first page, and
I think more people contact directly than posting anyway as well,  more & more low post count people coming just to sell, so
I don't the the negative effects of self bumping are too great, certainly I haven't gone blind yet!

Back