Bo Hansen DI layout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!!! My first post here...
This is my Bo Hansen D.I with Haufe transformer (I forgot take pictures of inside). No noise, no issues, everything is perfect and very easy to build.
Thanks to 51xAudio for the great pcb, transformer and service and thank you Bo Hansen for share your knowledge. Happy xmas guys!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Hello!!! My first post here...
This is my Bo Hansen D.I with Haufe transformer (I forgot take pictures of inside). No noise, no issues, everything is perfect and very easy to build.
Thanks to 51xAudio for the great pcb, transformer and service and thank you Bo Hansen for share your knowledge. Happy xmas guys!!!!
Well done!

Ok i found my problem, my xlr cable had a short inside and was blowing my bc550 🤦‍♂️
All is working fine now thanks to the ones that tried to help me! And thanks to bo Hansen for the design and 51 audio for the pcb and transformer!

Are you the Chris who made this gorgeous transformer that I got an immediate crush on?
It’s just so beautiful. I know I sound like such a dork when I say that because my eyes are not really where the attraction is supposed to exist.

Unfortunately I’m not part of that love affair. If you have the money, then the Lundahl or Hauffe is prob the best option. If not then the oep

Hi,

i've made one too with a Beyerdynamic transformer (5:1). It sounds great. I'm very happy of it!

But, i had an issue when i used it before a Fuzz Face (or a Tonebender). The sound at the output became fizzy. It's because the fuzz overload the source.
I solved the problem by placing an external buffer before the DI, and a "pickup simulator" after the "Through" of the DI.

Attachments

• IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
But, i had an issue when i used it before a Fuzz Face (or a Tonebender). The sound at the output became fizzy. It's because the fuzz overload the source.

if it is input overload then an input PAD at the DI would solve the problem.
there's an input mod option for the Bo Hansen DI circuit somewhere in this thead,
here it is:

Bo Hansen DI - input pad ad-on.png

This is a "Guitar fx" thing. IIRC the "thru" output is a buffered signal taken from before the transformer. Ie it is a low impedance signal.
Now "Fuzz Face" type circuits don't work well with low impedance sources. They work best with a high impedance source - obviously a normal hit Z passive guitar pickup is the typical and original source.
You have found this out by simulating a guitar pickup before the Fuzz. The external buffer seems superfluous.

Wrong diagnosis. As Newmarket mentioned, the sound of many fuzz pedals is the result of the interaction between their relatively low input impedance and the comparatively higher - and highly inductive - impedance of passive pickups. The result is a notable treble roll-off that starts at a few hundred Hz. Driving a fuzz with a low impedance result in overly harsh sound, not because it overloads anything, just because the output spectrum has too much treble content.
For this reason, most pedals add a resistor at their outputs, so when they are placed before a fuzz in the signal chain, the harhness is somewhat attenuated, but it doesn't sound as if the fuzz was driven from a passive pickup.
Some (many?) reamp systems actually include a circuit similar to the one you cite.

I definitely don’t support it.., I like the lay out
If that’s what he did that’s absolutely wrong
And don’t support the wrong period so who ever did that needs kicked off

And as a new member I won’t be chastised and implied to any other .., doesn’t have anything to do with me saying it’s Rad and being a new member … And I would want one to WHOM EVER made this . Take your drama implies somewhere else always folks like you trying to start some shit sounds like you our a pot stirrer…

And as a new member I won’t be chastised and implied to any other .., doesn’t have anything to do with me saying it’s Rad and being a new member … And I would want one to WHOM EVER made this . Take your drama implies somewhere else always folks like you trying to start some shit sounds like you our a pot stirrer…
as a new member you need to be aware of the forum rules, specifically #4
rules said:
4. You will find that the members of this community are courteous and respectful of each other, so please reciprocate those gestures. Leave the flame-war mentality at another forum. Personal attacks and generally hateful comments (regarding race, religion, gender, sex, etc...) will not be tolerated.
https://groupdiy.com/threads/groupdiy-rules-read-before-posting-in-any-of-the-forums.6650/

JR

You are too emotional. To the point that what you write is gibberish... and rude.
Please be civil. First warning.

Latest posts

Back