Bo Hansen DI layout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, i just built the di with the pcb and Lundahl from @[silent:arts]
I am having some ground noise issue, I wired pin1 of the xlr to chassis and grounded also the tip of the input jack to ground when unplugged
I use only component coming from mouser so I think they are good,
I use 2n3904 and 2n3906 for the transistors.
I scrapped the paint of my enclosure to solder directly my chassis ground onto.
I already checked for the polarity of every component, used a red led and all the component are from the mouser bom on the first post here.
My phantom power deliver 47.9V from my soundcraft 200b
The noise change when I touch the strings of my bass.
If anyone has an idea where I can look to debug
I post some pics of my build if anyone seen something?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6698.jpeg
    IMG_6698.jpeg
  • IMG_6697.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg
Hello, thanks to try helping me! No I got the noise if volume is at max or minimum, all is quiet when nothing is plugged in the input.

According to Bo's original schematic, pin 1 of the XLR is not connected direct to chassis, but via a 47 Ohm resistor.
Your picture appears to show this, but you say you have connected it directly to chassis. Which have you done?

Yes I just checked with my multimeter, xlr pin one on my mixer is well grounded with my mixer ground and gos to my xlr pin 1 on the DI

No the amp out is not connected, the input is grounded properly the di output xlr is connected to the mic input of my Soundcraft 200b

Yes my
Hi,

The input jack should be isolated from the box in this design. Not sure about the amp output though.

The pcb should be connected to the enclosure via the ground pin iirc.

Thomas
two jacks are isolated and the xlr 1 is connected to the enclosure via the chassis pin on the pcb. I checked with my multimeter, the enclosure is well in contact with this part of the pcb:
Xlr pin 1 to the pcb then pcb chassis pin to the chassis via this pin.

For the Soundcraft I m sure cause I already checked it when I restored it last year with a qualified friend, now the question about tha main socket in my house can be a good thing to check but here I am not sure how to check if this part of my old house is well grounded.
Sorry for my bad English I m French 😅

Yes my

two jacks are isolated and the xlr 1 is connected to the enclosure via the chassis pin on the pcb. I checked with my multimeter, the enclosure is well in contact with this part of the pcb:
Xlr pin 1 to the pcb then pcb chassis pin to the chassis via this pin.

You could simply connect XLR pin 1 directly to the shell/chassis at the XLR connector. Then a wire to the designated PCB connection.

Damn i have only 0,37 V at the emitter of the bc560 something’s no is wrong here and i have the same with 4 different transistors.

Back