[BUILD] 1176LN Rev D DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're using terminals silkscreen is hide.

No inversion between 22 and GND ?

Pics is needed !

acoustix said:
Hi,
I have a question about my futur RevD board.
In mouser 2N5457 are obsolete.

In stock there are only 2N5457_D26Z and 2N5457_D74Z.

I can see no difference between this part, and data sheet is the same.
Is this parts are good ?
Nobody knows difference between 2N5457, 2N5457_D26Z and 2N5457_D74Z. ?? :-\

Germoju

turn the release pot around, so it follows the guide pictures from mnats site,...when stuff is backwards or inverted, your going to cause more errors...you need to follow/copy  the pictures if your not going off of the schematic

Hope I can help

Just got mine working, and its the bomb

Did you check the gain of the transistors? You have to measure this on a multimeter....

You have to match the gain levels so they function together...If one does not work, then it could be causing the problem

For example...all of my q7- q10 transistors measured 368-370-371-370 hfe

college101 said:
Did you check the gain of the transistors? You have to measure this on a multimeter....

You have to match the gain levels so they function together...If one does not work, then it could be causing the problem

For example...all of my q7- q10 transistors measured 368-370-371-370 hfe
I will !! thanks :)

Germoju...I found it easier to just re-do my board..but another one,buy the new parts again, and try it over...Sounds like there is a couple things you missed on your first try

I had the same problems...I let the rookie excitement overtake me, and that was what casued my errors...for real mate...Take your time, and go slow...

Install your parts in this order....resistors,diodes,Votage regulator, capacitors ,transistors, pots

Go in that order, and you should be fine...double check your measurements, and then write them down as you take them, then install and solder one part at a time...you will get it right!

college101 said:
Germoju...I found it easier to just re-do my board..but another one,buy the new parts again, and try it over...Sounds like there is a couple things you missed on your first try

I had the same problems...I let the rookie excitement overtake me, and that was what casued my errors...for real mate...Take your time, and go slow...

Install your parts in this order....resistors,diodes,Votage regulator, capacitors ,transistors, pots

Go in that order, and you should be fine...double check your measurements, and then write them down as you take them, then install and solder one part at a time...you will get it right!

hi,
thanks for your message :) I'm desperate :(
Sound's good but no compression !!! Arrrgg !
I was thinking about re-do the board today... That was my first soldering etc. So, as you said I was so exited to do this and afraid at the same time :)

;)

acoustix said:
Hi,

Is this parts are good ?
??

I used all the parts from Kato's mouser build of materials(BOM) from hairball audios website...and everything worked fine...even the 2N5457 on that specific build list

I would honestly thou...start over...you will pay attention and READ all the information while your waiting for the new board and parts to arrive...

In the meantime...you need to get some more exeperience soldering...The pads to solder onto the board for the transistors and the potentiometers is very small...so small that, a bridged connection can ruin the entire build- My second build, I paid extra attention to detail, and my Rev D is flawless....calibration was a breeze! If at any point, the calibration starts to become difficult, something is wrong...

I messed up my first build because of over soldering, and ruining some connections and traces...

ALL in all...really take your time and you will get it right

There's actually a pretty good website out on the 1176 build that this guy did.

I can not remember the link, but if someone could post it up, I think it would be good for upcomming builders for this unit.

Hes explained the third callibration as well in regards to distortion, which I found easy to understand. He mentioned that the third callibration was not necessary since the effect were not audible.

Great to hear you finally got a unit working college!  :)

The third step is just so the meter is showing what is really going on inside the box.  I usually go by ear anyway, but sometimes its nice to know what you're really dropping things by.

germoju said:
acoustix said:
Hi,

Is this parts are good ?
??

Those parts have "kinked leads" so the footprint is wider.  They could probably made to fit.  I have enough 5457's to last a long long time so they'll be available for future builds.

Echo North said:
germoju said:
acoustix said:
Hi,

Is this parts are good ?
??

Those parts have "kinked leads" so the footprint is wider.  They could probably made to fit.  I have enough 5457's to last a long long time so they'll be available for future builds.

Thx for returns  ;)

college101 said:
Germoju

turn the release pot around, so it follows the guide pictures from mnats site,...when stuff is backwards or inverted, your going to cause more errors...you need to follow/copy  the pictures if your not going off of the schematic

Hope I can help

Just got mine working, and its the bomb

Release pot turned around :

Attack pot :

Here I think I'm good :

When Attack is in OFF position : pad 22 is connected to ground. When Attack is ON : pad 22 is not connected to the ground. Is this good ??

Just to clarify, make sure you are not confusing 'GRN" with "ground".  In the UREI schematic "GRN" means green.  "BLK" means black and it's the black that is connected to ground.  So in the off position 22 is connected to BLK and in the on position 22 is connected to GRN.

Echo North said:
Just to clarify, make sure you are not confusing 'GRN" with "ground".  In the UREI schematic "GRN" means green.  "BLK" means black and it's the black that is connected to ground.  So in the off position 22 is connected to BLK and in the on position 22 is connected to GRN.

Yes.
When Attack is ON : Green (my yellow) is connected to 22. When OFF it doesn't but is connected to Black (my red). So that's cool.

When I said Ground, I mean ground : I tested the connectivity between ground and 22...
When 1176 is ON : I saw that my ground is connected to 20 - 18 - 0 - 22 - 21 when Attack is ON. and to 20 - 18 - 0 - 21 when Attack is OFF. Is this normal ?

Latest posts

Back