Congratulations America

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I accept...thank you most kindly.
icon_wink.gif

analag

Now I can sleep. Tomorrow I can breathe. Thank you America. Thank you John McCain for raising the level of debate in this country.

That said....

...thank g-d it's over.

Sadly there will not be any true change in this country and Obama knows this
hes not stupid you know that i'm sure he's well aware of what has had happen to people to whom promised change such as JFK, Bobby Kennedy Jr. and MLK.

What happened to them? They got their asses gunned down by those that make the decisions in gov, Obama knows that and as Biden said he's going to have to do something thats going to be perceived as "unpopular" but we will need your support.

IMO do you really know what he meant?? That in some ways the US gov will continue the murder and bloodshed under an Obama administration and this will be very disheartening to anyone who really thought Obama would do anything other than making sure its "business as usual" but at least we know that the 4 horsemen will not be showing up currently atm. :grin:

[quote author="ENS Audio"]Sadly there will not be any true change in this country and Obama knows this
hes not stupid you know that i'm sure he's well aware of what has had happen to people to whom promised change such as JFK, Bobby Kennedy Jr. and MLK.

What happened to them? They got their asses gunned down by those that make the decisions in gov, Obama knows that and as Biden said he's going to have to do something thats going to be perceived as "unpopular" but we will need your support.

IMO do you really know what he meant?? That in some ways the US gov will continue the murder and bloodshed under an Obama administration and this will be very disheartening to anyone who really thought Obama would do anything other than making sure its "business as usual" but at least we know that the 4 horsemen will not be showing up currently atm. :grin:[/quote]

bummer...

I choose an more optimistic worldview.

:thumb:

JR

Hooooooooooorrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a new day here!

It's been a long, awful 8 years. The worst in my lifetime. I think I'm ready to be proud to be an American again!

:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

Does this mean I can travel around the world again without everyone hating me now?

:guinness: :green:

It's the beginning of the end of worst growing pains of a nation. I really feel much better now, and I think that many, many Americans feel the same way.

I think that the mechanics of the economy, etc. will be settled in a way that is acceptable to most, in short order. I think that government can begin a transition to transparent service for the people, administered in competent manner. I hope that when we demonstrate to the world that we can show compassion for all of the members of our society, that the world will sleep more easily, taking comfort our internal strength. I am thankful to all of those who had a pet cause or favorite candidate, and were able to let go and vote for someone who represents a good, if not perfect in every way, choice.

We did OK.

:wink:

[quote author="Mbira"]Does this mean I can travel around the world again without everyone hating me now?

:guinness: :green:[/quote]
No, it's actually YOU we hate personally - besides we thought you were a Seal-Clubber! :shock: :? :grin:

Otherwise - congratulations to America on an historic decision! :green: :sam: :sam: :sam:

Not only does it look you now have a great new leader that will improve things in your country but I believe most world leaders will have much more respect for your country having picked an intelligent and articulate person (instead of the alternative...sorry).

Jim

125,000 people there in Grant Park, Chicago, which is only supposed to hold 50,000... holy crap.

I feel proud to say that Oregon had a projected turnout nearing 90% so far...

Thank you democracy. :)

CONGRATULATIONS !! :green:

BBC reports close to 240,000 people in Grant Park to watch Obama speak !!

Now you have a president who can pronounce "Terrorist" correctly and NOT
make it sound like "Tourist" !!!

I hope for BIG and positive changes in the USA, this is an Historic moment.

MM.

Yes!!! Congratulations!!
What an amazing and historical event.
Still it will be hard to turn around all those years of the neo conservatives.
I wish him good luck.

[quote author="MartyMart"]CONGRATULATIONS !! :green:

BBC reports close to 240,000 people in Grant Park to watch Obama speak !!

Now you have a president who can pronounce "Terrorist" correctly and NOT
make it sound like "Tourist" !!!

I hope for BIG and positive changes in the USA, this is an Historic moment.

MM.[/quote]

Not to mention nuclear instead of nucular.

Back