Congratulations America

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lieberman betrayed his party to go pucker up to McCain...it might be a safe guess to say he's be been assuming the "Thinking Man" pose all night.

Yes, congratulations, America! :thumb:

Yeah, expectations are very high, but I think Obama and his team will manage. I hope those who opposed Obama so far will now do what I always admired Americans for doing: give the guy a fair chance.

[quote author="analag"]Lieberman betrayed his party to go pucker up to McCain...it might be a safe guess to say he's be been assuming the "Thinking Man" pose all night.[/quote]

Being an independent doesn't quite have the luster it did, nor the power. Unfortunately he has five more years. Fortunately no one will pay him any mind.

Yes, I definitely tipped a few :guinness: last night!

Wonderful, wonderful. A definitely sense of things improving just by this election, though there's plenty of hard work to go around. But the great news is that we're willing to trade on hope instead of fear, and that's much more effective a way to have a strong country than huddling in the paranoia of the last eight years.

[quote author="analag"]Lieberman betrayed his party to go pucker up to McCain...it might be a safe guess to say he's be been assuming the "Thinking Man" pose all night.[/quote]

Heh heh... Classic!
Let's just say that I'm not a fan of the ol' Droopy Dog (a.k.a. neo con lapdog butt-kissing motherf*cker).
I'm glad Macca didn't win, very glad.

congratulations! :sam: (American beer today)

great speech last night! I am excited for you guys.

also congrats to me: I'm glad barriers have been broken and dis-enfrachisment can turn into franchisement.

again :sam:

I am not happy.
I am afraid of all kind of stupid laws being passed.

Who is going to pay for all the promises?

[quote author="Gus"]I am afraid of all kind of stupid laws being passed.Who is going to pay for all the promises?[/quote]

Same people who have to pay for everything that was done but was not even promised by the last administration (how many trillions in Iraq?). Same people that have given Cheney and all of his buddies billions and billions of dollars over the last eight years. Same people that have given billions of dollars to a few wealthy folks, while watching their own bank accounts disappear.

It's a brand new day! I haven't felt this hopeful about leadership in this country for many years...

Some speculation that our own election was called in advance of your
result so as to not influence our own conservative minority
[ which i'm happy they didn't get the majority ]

Whoever you would have got , has no money to do much anyway right ?
How do you balence them books , or even pay for new laws
Hope you guys can become more self sufficient though

As I write this, I'm sitting in my office, looking over the San Francisco Bay. It is a clear, sunny day, the waters are calm, and I can see the beautiful skyline of San Francisco in the distance. People there were dancing in the streets of North Beach last night - just as they were in Times Square in New York, Grant Park in Chicago...and in front of the White House in Washington DC.

I feel a great peace this morning - a feeling that everything is going to be all right, despite the two simultaneous wars, the global economic tsunami, global warming, and a host of other problems seemingly too numerous to count.

Maybe I'm not as cynical as I thought I was. But it feels like waking up from an unending nightmare.

Time to remove my "Obama '08" bumper sticker, and replace it with two images: one of the world, and one of the American flag.

Thank you to our friends around the world who are delighted about these events. A new day dawns here, and everyone I know is jumping up and down with excitement.

[quote author="Scodiddly"]Yes, I definitely tipped a few :guinness: last night!

Wonderful, wonderful. A definitely sense of things improving just by this election, though there's plenty of hard work to go around. But the great news is that we're willing to trade on hope instead of fear, and that's much more effective a way to have a strong country than huddling in the paranoia of the last eight years.[/quote]

We all had hope under Bush - that he would go!! :grin:

[quote author="JohnRoberts"][quote author="ENS Audio"]Sadly there will not be any true change in this country and Obama knows this
hes not stupid you know that i'm sure he's well aware of what has had happen to people to whom promised change such as JFK, Bobby Kennedy Jr. and MLK.

What happened to them? They got their asses gunned down by those that make the decisions in gov, Obama knows that and as Biden said he's going to have to do something thats going to be perceived as "unpopular" but we will need your support.

IMO do you really know what he meant?? That in some ways the US gov will continue the murder and bloodshed under an Obama administration and this will be very disheartening to anyone who really thought Obama would do anything other than making sure its "business as usual" but at least we know that the 4 horsemen will not be showing up currently atm. :grin:[/quote]

bummer...

I choose an more optimistic worldview.

:thumb:

JR[/quote]

Im sorry after what has happened this past 8 years, im happy that Obama is president but I fear that there are some very terrible realities that await for us.

The previous administration has left a horrible mess that im afraid Obama as much as he is really sincere and cares about this country, he and his administration will not be able to undo the damage that has been put forth by the economic policies of the past 8yrs.

How much money will be printed out just within the next 6 months???

Also, (for our economic experts) what will the government do to counter the coming inflation that will be the total collapse of the US economy?

The Speaker of the House wants to pass another stimulus package?? :shock:

So the solution?? Print more money..

Not to make any predictions but the sad thing is that Obama will be blamed for all the mess, hope for many will be tragically crushed and heads are going roll :sad:

Back