covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iturnknobs said:
Sounds like it's starting to become more scientific, but those on the right will make it more political. SHAME ON the USa.
Shame on VP Joe Biden advocating for making mask wearing a federal mandate, and raising this to a campaign issue. Sadly that could even discourage some people from wearing masks.

The current administration's policy is that the state governors need to decide for their individual states based on local conditions. 

Time will tell if POTUS takes the bait on this but this is an relatively old topic. Hopefully he got his stupid mask comments out of his system months ago and will stay on message now (but I don't feel lucky).

JR

PS: I wear a mask but will not vote democrat in Nov.

The current administration's policy is that the state governors need to decide for their individual states based on local conditions.

Problem is, there are no really local conditions with the huge amount of interstate and intercity travel that go on in USA. I think many fools traveling from a no mandate area to a mandated one wouldn't feel obliged to wear a mask, since they won't even wear one if they live in a mandated area.

But Biden is a fool if he thinks US citizens are smart enough or patriotic enough do do anything but feed their own desires, and screw everyone else. I'm really starting to think that this country is headed for the sh!tter.

JohnRoberts said:

That's sad, because the Democrat appears to be the only small "d" democrat in the race (with a chance of winning). Trump and his henchman are now sabotaging the post office to prevent people from the other side to prevail. If you don't vote Democrat this time, you are effectively voting Dictator.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/osce-election-monitors-us-integrity-november
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/13/trump-opposes-usps-funding-394692
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/us/politics/post-office-mail-in-voting.html

JohnRoberts said:
Shame on VP Joe Biden advocating for making mask wearing a federal mandate, and raising this to a campaign issue. Sadly that could even discourage some people from wearing masks.

Time will tell if POTUS takes the bait on this but this is an relatively old topic. Hopefully he got his stupid mask comments out of his system months ago and will stay on message now (but I don't feel lucky).

JR

So sending troops (without uniforms, could as well be called terrorists) is OK, but wearing masks, isn't?

If a large enough part of the population in the USA is as delusional as the above statement, then, yes, the USA is heading in a very bad direction.

Alternatively, the elections could be taken over by anyone with half a brain and the will to do so, as long as Diebold will be supplying a lot of the voting machines. Yes, they've changed their name to get rid of some of the extremely bad reputation they have had for at least 25 years.

Nostradamus might be right after all...

cyrano said:
A French insurance company studied many millions of car and bike accidents in the seventies. They reached the (simplified) conclusion that people who suffered from toxoplasmosis had twice as much chance to end up in a car crash, compared to people who didn't have it.
And possibly more likely to get pantsed by a buffalo.

A 54 year old biker from Iowa reportedly got off her motorcycle and approached a buffalo calf in Custer State Park in South Dakota. reportedly got off her motorcycle and approached a buffalo calf and an adult bison came charging after her.

The Custer County Chronicle reports one of the bison’s horns got caught in the woman’s belt and “swung her around violently.”

“She was apparently saved when her pants came off and she fell to the ground unconscious. At that point, the attacking animal ran off along with the rest of the herd.”

Custer County Sheriff Marty Mechalev reports the woman was airlifted to hospital but escaped without serious injury and is expected to recover.

b9babc70-de34-11ea-b60d-479323e21c3b

JohnRoberts said:

Hold on, I've been reading carefully over the past years so I can address this!

First, Biden is a well known counter puncher.  He's been quiet about this for the last few weeks, but probably got fed up and couldn't stand not saying anything to the people who weren't wearing masks.

Second, trying to parse Biden's tweets or uttering literally is not productive... He likes to throw out extreme positions then negotiate toward some middle of the road solution, all while keeping his GOP critics busy with all of the churning.  He isn't trying to get everyone to wear a mask, but he figures if he makes a bold statement then he can convince some people in the middle to give in.  Don't parse what Biden says for "literal accuracy".

Third, is super easy to get distracted with these extreme positions:  don't fall for it.  You seem to be ASSuming that, if he prevails in November, he'll immediately take executive action on mask mandates (mind reading?).  He was clearly joking, and knows this isn't even within his power to do.

I can't predict the future, but hopefully it will involve Biden winning and even more mask wearing.

;D

iturnknobs said:
As you drop your ballot in the box, hold your head high as you support the party of white power and Q-Anon. Guilt by association.

Like I said... RNC had to pull this moron.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rnc-speaker-boosts-qanon-conspiracy-theory-about-jewish-plot-to-enslave-the-world-1

Speak loudly. I'm also a troll in person when things are stupid.

Some really well made comments just above mine.

In what I've been frequently seeing as quite direful times, reading this phrase:

"... possibly more likely to get pantsed by a buffalo."    absolutely  made my day. Hahaha :D

Thank you :)

Dear Commissioner Hahn: Tell the Truth or Resign
An Open Letter to Stephen Hahn, MD, From Eric Topol, MD

You have one last chance, Dr Hahn, for saving any credibility and preserving trust in the FDA at this critical juncture amidst the pandemic. You need to organize a press conference and tell the truth. Tell Americans exactly how you were pressured to make a breakthrough announcement. Tell all of us how you completely misrepresented the facts about convalescent plasma, and not hide this with the obscurity of technical terms such as relative and absolute differences. Tell us that you are capable and worthy of this pivotal leadership position and that you will not, under any condition, authorize a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine approval before the full Phase 3 completion and read-out of a program.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/936611?src=mkm_covid_update_200831_mscpedit_&uac=37266AR&impID=2535229&faf=1#vp_1

iturnknobs said:
As you drop your ballot in the box, hold your head high as you support the party of white power and Q-Anon. Guilt by association.
Guilt by BS...

I had to search Q-anon and that sounds insane. Who follows that crap (rhetorical, apparently all the people that mention it)

Aim higher with your insults...

===
OK new question, during a COVID pandemic is it battery for a protestor to expectorate (spit) on somebody, in between curse words?

JR

PS: I just ordered a T-Shirt that says "Front toward enemy". I doubt many here will understand the humor.  8)

I went 3 months without work at the beginning of this pandemic. I worked my last day yesterday at an outdoor venue and likely won't work again until April or May. These idiots couldn't stay home for 3-4 weeks(nor could their leader put together a national plan). I see who is responsible for our lagging economy. Selfish. Selfish. Selfish. Freedom for A-holes. End the COVID chaos rally in Colorado.

Attachments

• 5f501285d2f83.image.jpg
    5f501285d2f83.image.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 7
JohnRoberts said:
OK new question, during a COVID pandemic is it battery for a protestor to expectorate (spit) on somebody, in between curse words?

JR
Intentionally, yes. Through aspiration, no.
JohnRoberts said:
Guilt by BS...

I had to search Q-anon and that sounds insane. Who follows that crap (rhetorical, apparently all the people that mention it)
At least we are starting to agree on something.
Check the idiot out in the photo(attached image) who doesn't understand what the word "uniform" means... this was months ago.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/12/politics/qanon-congressional-candidates/index.html
...these people(ELECTED TO CONGRESS)and Trump recently. Please stop ignoring what is going on in your party.
JohnRoberts said:
Aim higher with your insults..

Aim higher with your vote.

Transitive law. If you support a party that makes white supremacy groups and Q-Anon members happy with their policy decisions, how can you not question what is going on? This would imply that you both agree on policy making which would make you and they, like-minded.

Attachments

• 05xp-tweet-jumbo.jpg
    05xp-tweet-jumbo.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 9
JohnRoberts said:
Do you mean like this? He must want Applebee's. Looks like he already got his hair did.

Attachments

• michigan-coronavirus-lockdown-05-gty-jc-200430_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
    michigan-coronavirus-lockdown-05-gty-jc-200430_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 13
Fox News:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-coronavirus-cases-south-dakota
19% of 1.4 million = 266,000
3.3% mortality rate of 266k = 8778 dead

Event success.

Freedom. Math.

For those who won't even click the link...

"We conclude that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally generated public health costs of approximately $12.2 billion," the researchers wrote in a paper. "This is enough to have paid each of the estimated 462,182 rally attendees $26,553.64 not to attend."

Economy faux-pas. Society faux-pas.

iturnknobs said:
Fox News:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-coronavirus-cases-south-dakota

Event success.

Freedom. Math.

For those who won't even click the link...

"We conclude that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally generated public health costs of approximately $12.2 billion," the researchers wrote in a paper. "This is enough to have paid each of the estimated 462,182 rally attendees $26,553.64 not to attend."

Economy faux-pas. Society faux-pas.

I'm afraid I beat you to it:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=74494.msg964144#msg964144

living sounds said:
I'm afraid I beat you to it:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=74494.msg964144#msg964144

You absolutely did, but I did the math for the Republican supporters and non-believers who won't do it themselves to avoid truth and continue their blind support of selfishness and hatred. Pretty sure the number of Democrats was pretty small at that gathering. Just a hunch.

JohnRoberts said:
It is perhaps a little early to start counting bodies.

This will be yet another community spread experiment to analyze afterwards.

I can wait.

JR

How about now? It's like I'm a crystal ball.

iturnknobs said:
Fox News:

Event success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back