covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed to see MS on the list of low vac'd states, but I recall the difficulty I had, being required to drive to the next county to get my jabs. I can imagine neighbors who didn't have my resources, and sensibility. I wonder why the local clinic is not jabbing people but perhaps the fact that the vaccines are still experimental creates a liability issue? Why is the FDA dragging their feet on that? I notice that in the months since then my regular Walmart is now giving jabs, while I don't see any evidence of jabs happening during my weekly shopping visits other than empty chairs for the 15 minute post jab wait.
Even the rural counties in my state had mass vaccination centers set-up. I know people that were travelling from Chicago "outwards" because the appointments in the suburbs and cities were full, while "mixed messaging" left the rural locations empty and unused. Biden administration set aside funds for free rides to vaccination centers. I would guess my governor released these funds provided by the ARPA that ZERO Republicans voted for. I know many red states have not released these funds, further inflicting pain from this pandemic. Nice FDA conspiracy theory thread starter. Take all these issues up with your state. Not federal. After all, the last president said that the states should be on their own for pandemic management.
Of course the pandemic is still going and according to mainstream media, worse than ever (be very afraid). Many poor countries with lower vaccination rates will fare much worse than us.

JR

PS; I own some Pfizer stock and they reportedly are working on a Covid booster that targets the delta variant but the future has not happened yet so who knows if it will pay off.
Here's some more conspiracy theory stuff posted from a small social circle with a myopic view. Two of my neighbors died. My boss' mother died. My co-worker's daughter died. My friend's mom died. My HEALTHY 38 yr old friend was intubated for 8 days. The family across the street had it. The same guy's brother had it and never stopped going out, even socially. The family behind them all had it. Be afraid, but more than that...BE RESPECTFUL of other's lives, which many Republicans are not, especially when posting rhetoric such as this.

I do not care what the decision is concerning the booster. I will take it if recommended. If so, I hope you make some money off it.

This thread was started to discuss "covid politics", you chose to make it personal. I understand how trolling works.

Insert old joke about wrestling with pigs in the mud....(no I am not calling you a pig).

JR
I've been called worse than a pig. I just don't see the benefit in posting material than can be directly unhelpful, or dangerous to others.

From the article referenced above:
Gov. Mike Parson wrote on Twitter Wednesday evening that he told the state's health department to refuse any federal campaigns going door-to-door encouraging vaccinations.

"Sending government employees or agents door-to-door to compel vaccination would NOT be an effective OR a welcome strategy in Missouri!" Parson wrote.
Typical political bullshit spin which many folks are unable to see through, especially those who revere orange baboons.

Although I take no pleasure in a person's death, I can certaily feel relief, with no sense of shame, at the end of a destructive life.

I got the two-vax several months ago. I'm now hearing from friends and some family that say they injected me with a slow release poison that was intended to kill almost of the humans on the planet.

Oh well, I am an Olde Phart.......sigh.

Bri

I got the two-vax several months ago. I'm now hearing from friends and some family that say they injected me with a slow release poison that was intended to kill almost of the humans on the planet.

Oh well, I am an Olde Phart.......sigh.

Bri
Ever heard of the nano-bots? yes there are some sites who claim that, I've heard nano-bots and other cell-destroying things, even pictures are provided.

Sadly I have seen several of the creative criticisms of the mRNA vaccines related to the spike protein. I will not repeat the criticism because I encourage people to get vaccinated and that criticism seems overly speculative.

The only adults I know who haven't been vaccinated both contracted Covid and recovered so already have natural immunity. Current advice is to get the covid vaccination anyhow. I suspect the sure to come Covid booster shot will be recommended for everybody.

The most virulent anti-vaxer I know, is also a Trump voter, and a competent design engineer so not stupid. I stopped arguing with him after he called me a fool too many times.

You should be thanking ex-President Trump for operation warp speed.

Trump said:
“I encourage people to take it, I do,” Trump said of Covid-19 vaccines, adding that he was immunized.

Trump did not participate in the PSA video with other former presidents because it was recorded during the Biden inauguration that he did not attend.

Why does everything have to be partisan us/them?

JR

Since the "be very afraid" topic is fresh in this thread, here we go. Republicans(one I just mentioned recently) is now feeding the lemmings the idea that a door to door vaccination program will result in the confiscation of guns and bibles. Just another example of one issue voters being exploited while the entire country suffers from misinformation...and people wonder why PRIVATE BUSINESSES are disallowing certain politicians to use their platforms to spread harmful information. Stay stupid and get sick. FREEDOM. 'Murica.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-cawthorn-vaccine-claims-biden-b1881914.html

I realize this is the covid politic thread but to get serious for a change.

Why aren't the covid vaccines approved by the FDA? How many millions of people around the world are included in this massive experimental vaccine test sample?

Why are we in such a hurry to inject low risk populations (like school children)?

I appreciate the FDA being careful but this horse has left the barn and is in the next county by now... If there was a significant problem with the vaccine(s) we would surely know by now.

carry on with your partisan attacks, I do not choose to play.

JR

I realize this is the covid politic thread but to get serious for a change.

\

JR

I read the whole post, and I'm still waiting for you to get serious (or make a clear point for that matter.)

Voices on the right continue to espouse idiotic conspiracy theories and other easily disproven nonsense. People are dying as a result of being swayed by this nonsense. That should be a concern to all sane and sensible people.

Why are we in such a hurry to inject low risk populations (like school children)?
...not hurry, but there should be an approved vaccination offer also to children for careful consideration...

(1) because not all children are low risk. A few are immunosuppressed, while some others are more seriously or chronically ill, and yet others simply belong to the higher risk group of diabetics and/or are overweight.

(2) because some children live in households with old folks, or immunosuppressed kin like a mommy with an organ transplant or a daddy who underwent chemotherapy etc -- or maybe even simply because they want to see their grandparents without fear of possibly infecting them.

(3) because some children want to be vaccinated. There might be some among them who want to get rid of fear whenever being outside such as when playing with friends or meeting other people.

(4) because children have a right to education.

(5) because some children might be afraid of being discriminated against or being bullied when it turns out that they are infected and even worse ended infecting an entire class. And what a mess should someone get harmed.

(6) because during the rigorous stay-home phase of the pandemic children have never been asked a single time whether they really want to be tele-schooled or home-schooled. An offer of some sort is highly due.

(7) because children can be much more understanding of difficult situations than many people (especially those without children) tend to think -- not on a (highly) abstract level and depending on age not necessarily for a long time -- but even the small ones sure can 'sense' meaning or at least the moods of the people around them.

(8) because children can be (seemingly) chaotic and produce a lot of nonsense -- or at least that's what it seems to us adults -- and therefore they don't really need any Ziggy Stardust-like nonsense coming from us ; )
___

Anti-covid vaxxers -- unless they stay home rigourously, 'please' -- quite simply contribute to further fuelling and spreading the virus. Thanks for that (not).

I'm okay with anti-vaxxers craving for their moments of fame. I just wish they'd rather all go onto four-week ocean cruises together -- away from others.

__
Personally, I don't want my 'old life' back -- I want to move on !!

Sadly, this pandemic looks like it won't be over until it is over for everyone

In my judgement anti-vaxers (who existed well before covid) are ignorant and cause much harm.

Measles was making a comeback in the US in 2019 but looks damped down again now by measles vaccine (2 reported cases).

Polio is still active in Pakistan where rural residents are distrustful of vaccination programs. None in US, I recall when that polio vaccine was first administered in US (I was a young puke and got jabbed at the firehouse/town hall).

Mumps- 41 mumps cases in 17 states

etc...

It is ignorant to not get vaccinated considering a simple cost/benefit analysis (a little discomfort vs death), while the government messaging could be improved IMO.

JR

while the government messaging could be improved IMO.

JR
Agreed, and maybe that's the point you were making but I was missing earlier? (It would be nice if certain state govts. weren't determined to undercut the fed message as well.)

I wonder if some of the messaging that seems lacking or confusing to non-CT types is actually more directed at those who are vaccine-paranoid and/or are easily misled by the morass of mis- and dis- information out there. Though I'm not at all convinced that many of those folks will be at all convinced by anything the govt. says. I'm not sure that any logical argument would get through to someone who buys into the G5 nonsense, or the magnet nonsense, or the nanobot nonsense, or............

I'd much rather be immune to a disease and not get it, rather than get it and be treated, especially when treatments may not be very effective (and unvaccinated folks are still dropping like flies.) Several billion of us have been vaccinated (at least one dose) with infinitesimal serious sequelae.

So if you follow the money it's not a big surprise.

Or it could simply be that ivermectin, a treatment for heartworms and other parasites, is not really all that promising as an antiviral. But then there'd be no conspiracy theory to revel in.

What we do know works is vaccines. There's vast quantities of data available showing that. Why bother with some unproven longshot when you can get something that really, truly works for no charge?

There are legitimate concerns being posed by legitimate scientists regarding the vaccines. It's very disturbing that anything that isn't pro
Yes, there are concerns, all serious. And they are being studied, albeit not all highlighted in main media outlets -- probably because this spike protein (both the natural and the artificial version) is too recent to say anything definite yet regarding the long term.

Minute monitoring has revealed somewhat rare side effects, allergic shock, myocarditis etc. But so far, all comparatively easy(-er) to treat than a serious Covid19 infection and especially because it's in considerably smaller numbers (=overall less deaths). And yes, they are also working on medication for therapy -- no breakthrough yet.

___
Big pharma getting rich ? No news there. And personally I don't even care. (Could tax them later, if need be.)
___

Cost/benefit of vaccination, yes, at an economic level. Very important to us all -- some acknowledge less than others. Also globally.

At a personal level, risking inevitable contact with the virus at some point and with it the risk of serious illness and in some cases death. What a choice. -- If suspicious of mRNA could ask for Chinese vaccines based on a safe, decade-old technology using alpha first-ever detected strain, which prevents death but not symptom-free infection and not further spreading.

At a communal level, getting the shots helps protect those around us. This latter is a valid argument only if we care.

___
Has political communication ever been clear ? Always biased. However, some statements are clearly better informed and more honest than others.

Last edited:
There are legitimate concerns being posed by legitimate scientists regarding the vaccines. It's very disturbing that anything that isn't pro vaccine is being surpressed.

One of the concerns is the toxicity of the spike protein. The initial thought was that it would be localized at the injection site. But in some cases it is propagating to other parts of the body. Seems crazy that it is being dismissed so easily.
There is a lot written about the the spike protein concerns that I don't repeat since I don't repeat stuff I don't know (think) are fact.

My (was) anti-vaxer friend has said he would have to wear a mask if we were to meet face to face so I don't shed any spike proteins on him. I was vaccinated with Moderna mRNA vaccines.

In my 2 decades+ of knowing him we have never met face to face before so I doubt that will be a problem. :cool:

I warn against going down that (spike protein) rabbit hole.

The mRNA vaccine targeting the spike protein seems brilliant to me, but I am not a vaccine expert, so what would I know? I rolled my dice on it, but I didn't have that many years to lose (or a choice of which vaccine I could get).

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back