covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would you rather he lie, and claim to know things when he doesnt?

I'd rather he not claim that Delta is "5+" times less dangerous when he has absolutely nothing to support it. I can find plenty of stuff that debates whether Delta is more or less serious than other variants; what I see nowhere (except in fallout's febrile imagination) is even a suggestion that it's 5 times less dangerous.
Fallout is using an area of modest uncertainty as an excuse to make an outlandish claim.

I'd rather he not claim that Delta is "5+" times less dangerous when he has absolutely nothing to support it. I can find plenty of stuff that debates whether Delta is more or less serious than other variants; what I see nowhere (except in fallout's febrile imagination) is even a suggestion that it's 5 times less dangerous.
Fallout is using an area of modest uncertainty as an excuse to make an outlandish claim.
As a general rule viruses tend to become less dangerous as they mutate. Nothing outlandish about saying it's PROBABLE that the delta variant is no different.

Have you ever noticed how hateful, intolerant and vicious a loving, tolerant and kind liberal becomes when someone disagrees with them? 😂

Lol, that was vicious? You saw that video I linked to earlier right?
You're just trolling at this point. Pwning the libs right? You can't be serious.

There's no indication that delta is less contagious. Viruses get more contagious all the time. And no one is saying you cant spread covid when vaccinated.. Literally no official agency is making that claim...especially with delta.

||How Dangerous Is the Delta Variant? Here’s What the Science Says

Over the weekend. We had the emmy's award show here in L.A.
Not one person in the event had a mask on or did any social distancing. This is counter to all the l.a. mandates the county has placed during covid times. Things like wearing a mask, social distancing, etc. While I don't care if one does or does not wear a mask, I find it odd the county would allow that to be. The event draws millions of viewers and followers. The counties excuse was "we have an exemption for film and t.v. production". That's their excuse. Seems to me if they can exempt for that, then ca easily exempt for everything else.

Over the weekend. We had the emmy's award show here in L.A.
Not one person in the event had a mask on or did any social distancing. This is counter to all the l.a. mandates the county has placed during covid times. Things like wearing a mask, social distancing, etc. While I don't care if one does or does not wear a mask, I find it odd the county would allow that to be. The event draws millions of viewers and followers. The counties excuse was "we have an exemption for film and t.v. production". That's their excuse. Seems to me if they can exempt for that, then ca easily exempt for everything else.
Was that last weekend ... missed it
===
They received a performance exemption.... kind of like the way SNL paid their audience to get around the covid rules.

Rules for thee but not for me...

JR

Lol, that was vicious? You saw that video I linked to earlier right?
Just a general observation about liberals. They tend to be nasty unhappy people.
You're just trolling at this point. Pwning the libs right? You can't be serious.
Pwning? Did we time warp back to 2008? Are you trolling?
There's no indication that delta is less contagious. Viruses get more contagious all the time.
Literally no one is making that claim that the Delta is less contagious. I said it could 'possibly' be less dangerous. That's how viruses tend to work.. More contagious/Less dangerous.

And no one is saying you cant spread covid when vaccinated.. Literally no official agency is making that claim...especially with delta.
That's obvious. Is someone arguing that?

Last edited:
Was that last weekend ... missed it
===
They received a performance exemption.... kind of like the way SNL paid their audience to get around the covid rules.

Rules for thee but not for me...

JR
Yes L.A. when grilled about it and how it violates the mandates they basically said film and t.v. have an excemption. But oh well. this is what people voted for.

As a general rule viruses tend to become less dangerous as they mutate. Nothing outlandish about saying it's PROBABLE that the delta variant is no different.

Have you ever noticed how hateful, intolerant and vicious a loving, tolerant and kind liberal becomes when someone disagrees with them? 😂

There's a theory that that is the case. It is, in fact, a pretty old theory, and it doesn't hold water on any consistent basis. The easy counter to it: smallpox remained a stone cold killer for 5000 years or so. And evidence has yet to show that Delta is significantly less dangerous than earlier variants.

I am intolerant of crappy arguments, plain and simple. If you would like to see a kinder gentler side of me, argue with more skill, more logic, better data and more consistency.

I wonder what would happen if we offered covid vaccinations at the border?

Might need to use the one shot J&J in case they don't show up for a second jab.

JR

Isn't vaccination certificate plus negative test (not older than three days) a requirement now for entering the US ?

I wonder what would happen if we offered covid vaccinations at the border?

Might need to use the one shot J&J in case they don't show up for a second jab.

JR
Maybe they(brown migrants) would stop getting people sick when coming over the border in ALASKA...it would appear the first jab is the real issue in this country. 2/3 of Alaska is white and it is a red state.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/alaska-population
Enjoy some Alaska local news:

"Young pregnant women so sick with the virus they need a ventilator to breathe. People experiencing chest pain, a major heart attack symptom, waiting for hours in the ER. Gravely ill patients dying before they get care — or because someone else with better survival odds was prioritized for treatment."

“It’s worse because we’re deciding who’s going to die and who’s not,” Wilson-Ramirez said. “That definitely had an impact on my life. But nothing compares to having to ration care when there’s a cure available.”

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021/09/17/impossible-choices-inside-alaskas-inundated-hospitals/https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/202...re-state-to-help-covid-overwhelmed-hospitals/https://www.reuters.com/world/us/al...adopts-crisis-standards-hospitals-2021-09-23/

Last edited:
Isn't vaccination certificate plus negative test (not older than three days) a requirement now for entering the US ?
I heard that they were relaxing quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from EU, probably still requires proof of vaccination and/or covid test. Of course they could come across southern border without vaccination.

There were some odd non-essential travel restrictions against driving across the northern border into Canada. Lots of odd stuff going on these days.

JR

Another counter: a researcher in Germany has found evidence that the 1918 influenza mutated to become better adapted to infect humans, and likely more deadly to humans. As SARS COV-2 is also novel in humans, it could make such a progression as well.
As of now it's probably hard to say if Delta is more or less lethal than earlier variants (and it certainly gets muddied as more people--particularly the most vulnerable--have immunity from vaccines), but I don't see any evidence to support your assertion that it is "probably" 5+ times less deadly. There does not appear to be any linear correspondence between increased contagiousness and decreased lethality; in fact, I see no assertion whatsoever that the two must go hand in hand.

To put it bluntly, you took one bit of actual information and let your mind go wild in order to make a wholly unsupported claim from it. That's not a good or sound argument; that's just crap.

If anyone's interested, here's an article about the 1918 influenza research:
1918 flu mutated to become deadlier in later waves, century-old lungs reveal

As of now it's probably hard to say if Delta is more or less lethal than earlier variants
Skipping the fluff, this is true.
To put it bluntly, you took one bit of actual information and let your mind go wild in order to make a wholly unsupported claim from it.
Wild? Hardly.. As you said above it's not known whether the Delta is or isn't more lethal so there's absolutely nothing 'wild' about thinking that it can be less dangerous. I simply stated an opinion and god forbid you have an opinion that doesn't align with hodad's, the almighty arbiter of all things Covid.

I see how most of the arguments here work. Someone states an opinion.. Then someone else disagrees and argues that said opinion is ‘reductio ad absurdum’, or you’re crazy for thinking that, that's in no way possibly, etc.. Only to admit that said opinion is not crazy or absurd WHATSOEVER.

To put it bluntly... Im intolerant of bloviating 🤡 's

Year over year infection rate is pretty meaningless in this context, because the currently circulating version of the virus is 5+ times more contagious than the variant circulating one year ago (the Alpha variant wasn't detected until October of 2020, and even then the Alpha is far less contagious than Delta).
How could you say that?! I believe that's reductio ad absurdum. How can you say the Delta 5+ times more contagious? I've no patience for people who argue without facts. There's no evidence to support that. You must have read an article and let your mind wildly wander afterward. Where does the 5+ number come from? Everyone knows it's only 2x more contagious. The CDC says so, I read it on the internet.

"The Delta variant is more contagious: The Delta variant is highly contagious, more than 2x as contagious as previous variants." -Center for Disease Control

I am intolerant of crappy arguments, plain and simple ™

😂

Last edited:
Skipping the fluff, this is true.

Wild? Hardly.. As you said above it's not known whether the Delta is or isn't more lethal so there's absolutely nothing 'wild' about thinking that it can be less dangerous

To put it bluntly... Im intolerant of bloviating 🤡 's
First, there's nothing wild about stating that Delta could be less dangerous--it's simply that there's zero evidence(like hospitalizations and deaths) that would indicate that it is 5 times less dangerous, and there's no scientific theory that I can find that would lead one to predict such a thing.

Is there anything datawise that you can point to that would support the "5+ times" position? I've looked, and I just don't see it.

Oh, and if you're concerned about crappy arguments, I suggest you go through your comments in this thread: Gish gallop, JAQ-ing off, a variety of ad hominems, and more.

*****On a different note, I thought JR might enjoy an article about anti-vaxxers who aren't Trump-loving right wingers:
Not Getting Vaccinated to Own Your Fellow Libs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back