Custom PreAmp or Audio Interface?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeetree

Hey guys. I am looking for a custom audio interface that has 4 xlr inputs (in the back of the unit), at least 2 phantom power, and a di box/instrument input. Since these require drivers, I am not sure if you can do this. But maybe a preamp with a usb would be an easier project. Or buying a mainstream unit and moding for me is an option, too.

you can contact me via pm.

Also, would buying an old preamp and making it usb compatible and with a/d conversion be an option?
Seems that would require some programming so it might be very difficult, but I figured I would ask.

I suspect that it's be easier to buy a small USB ADC and embed it in your enclosure.
I think the reason that no one has jumped forward is that it's simply uneconomical in time and money to design the system that you need. You'd be better getting someone to integrate many pre-done modules into a single enclosure.

Also, ADC design without USB is frought with challenges, adding the USB on top is much more complex.

My suggestion is to decide on:
Which mic pre's do you want. My totally biased recommendation are expat audio Eden pre's
Which DI circuit do you want?
What's your allowable external power supply?
Which usb interface matches your requirements the most? (Size, ch. count, performance)

With those answers, an integrator should be able to get those modules and hook them together.
Much, much easier than developing from scratch.

Rochey

Latest posts

Back