D-EF47 Tribute To Oliver Archut U47 Build Thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is just cosmetic. I have the same body bought as a sample from Alibabcia (Alibaba). Nice heavy body. There are two variants floating around the "baba space". The one I linked to is the one I bought with flat steel(ish) rails for the PCB. The other variant has brass stand-off "rails" for you to zip tie your PCB to. I didn't care for that option though I suppose it was designed for round PCBs not the rectangular variety.

Did you mod the t bone PSU for this build, or did you just use the case and put Dany's design in it? If you started with the t bone PSU and modded it I'd love to hear more about it!
This is Dan's design, I just kept the transformer and connectors from the psu t.bone.
Matador did it for their C12 with the same type of Chinese PSU, a transformer that delivers 200V AND 9.5V output. It may be a good start... if you are interested.
The t.bone connectors are correct, I just had to lower the values of two drop resistors on Dan's pcb to get a B+ at the right value.

Last edited:
This is Dan's design, I just kept the transformer and connectors from the psu t.bone.
Matador did it for their C12 with the same type of Chinese PSU, a transformer that delivers 200V AND 9.5V output. It may be a good start... if you are interested.
The t.bone connectors are correct, I just had to lower the values of two drop resistors on Dan's pcb to get a B+ at the right value.
How much room did you have inside the PSU case?

Thanks for posting this BUT... when I go to the site, the English language description is so vague that it could be all they are offering for $41.39 is the body tube, no head, no frame, no shock mount. Does anyone know if this is the case? Once before when trying to buy a good donor body on Alibaba I realized, too late, that despite the picture of a complete body and all the trimmings, it was only the shock mount that was going to be sent. Then I got to do the "try to get a return" dance with Alibaba. Ick!

Thanks for posting this BUT... when I go to the site, the English language description is so vague that it could be all they are offering for $41.39 is the body tube, no head, no frame, no shock mount. Does anyone know if this is the case? Once before when trying to buy a good donor body on Alibaba I realized, too late, that despite the picture of a complete body and all the trimmings, it was only the shock mount that was going to be sent. Then I got to do the "try to get a return" dance with Alibaba. Ick!
I personally had no problem with it.
You must select the body plus the shock mount at 41 dollars you will only get the shock mount.

Yes returns with Aliexpress/baba are pretty much non-existent despite their lies of their purchase guaranty. You have to make absolutely sure you have selected the correct "color" option image to ensure you are actually buying what you intend, and watch the price change as you cycle through those images!
I bought one of these U47 style bodies from Alibaba as a sample. There are at least 3 styles floating around the baba space. Flat steel rails with threaded bosses for rectangular PCBs, threaded holes in the bell and brass stand-offs for round PCBs, and no rails whatsoever, but some kind of molded-in protuberance that the top and bottom screw on to.
I bought the type on the left in the below image with the flat rails. It is well made and seemingly plated brass.
rails.PNGno rails.PNG

I personally had no problem with it.
You must select the body plus the shock mount. At 41 dollars you will only get the shock mount.
Yes, the total for all the body parts plus the shock mount is $107. Then there's a $15 discount. This is the one with the two rails similar to most Chinese LDCs. That's a lovely wooden box you have, too. Was that also from AliExpress?

Did you put Dany’s PCB in the Tbone PSU case? If so, was it large enough (plenty of space For the boards and components)?
yes everything fits (only with the Chinese transformer), be careful there are cuts to be made with the Dremel, there are two chassis edge on the sides to cut for more space.
the 20v transformer is above the 200v transformer fixed with spacers, the pcb is on the edge, on the side, and of course change the drop resistance values for B+.

I think there is much more simple, but for a small budget....it s ok.

Sorry I don't have a picture :(

i hope that help.

Latest posts

Back