Dan's front panels and cases.. new panels for Gustav's projects, 1U CLX-VU panel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any G9 panels left? If so, which case will they work with? I'm guessing the 2U racks. What's the shipping cost for a 2U front panel? Thanks.

Looking forward to the updated GSSL cases!

Just wondering what you'd be asking for a run of custom cases (or even how much if you do just one) 1ru ones specifically.

I have just received the panel. It looks great!
Thank you Dan

Dan, I'd (personally) like the cut for dual 2254C cases done for ST-7 Farnell's VU-meter.
http://il.farnell.com/anders-electronics/st7/vu-meter-rect-0-200ua/dp/7758200?Ntt=st7vumeter
It needs scale replacement (15 min job), but time responce is fast and this VU looks really nice.

recieved my order last week. everythings perfect and what a nice contact!
i´am really stressing frank´s nerves at the moment but we´ll get it done... ;D
thanks dan.
alex

I interested in 2 gssl front panels but i what can i do when i have a sidechain rotary switch??
Thanks

Igor said:
Dan, I'd (personally) like the cut for dual 2254C cases done for ST-7 Farnell's VU-meter.
http://il.farnell.com/anders-electronics/st7/vu-meter-rect-0-200ua/dp/7758200?Ntt=st7vumeter
It needs scale replacement (15 min job), but time responce is fast and this VU looks really nice.

I'd also like a stereo 2254 case with the meter hole for that Farnell meter if possible.  Also checking on your TG1 case.  Let me know if these are both possible.

Thanks and happy new year!

**EDIT**  according to the data sheet, the ST7 meter requires a hole that is 50.0 x 28.0 x 3.0mm

Hi again everyone, thanks for the nice comments, and all the best in the New Year!!

At the moment I haven't got any ST7 meter 2254C cases, and probably won't make them in the very near future unfortunately. :(

3nity / juniorhifikit... I've got some sidechain GSSL panels in the works at the moment, they should be ready fairly soon, along with the TG1 panels!

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, if I did please send me an email!

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Dan,

I am on the verge of starting an EZ1290 project. Any possibility you could help make me a cases with all the holes drilled with screen print on the front panel? I am not to savvy on developing the designs or spacing. Any reccomendations? Any way let me know what we could do.

-Brice Conrad

reanimatorstudio said:
If I look at the pdf of the sifam meters I notice the holes for the scews are not right. One should be top left,  the other should be bottom right.

Before I order the meters, can you give some comments on that?

Hiya!

Just a quick reply from work - the datasheet's not correct, if you order the meters mentioned in my first post you should be fine; I've ordered both and they fit.

Cheers,
Dan

ddt said:
Hiya!

Just a quick reply from work - the datasheet's not correct, if you order the meters mentioned in my first post you should be fine; I've ordered both and they fit.

Cheers,
Dan

I concur... they fit  ;D

2254c_front.jpg

Thanks again Dan for awesome panels!

Matt

matta said:
I concur... they fit  ;D

Hey, thanks Matt!  ;D

Nice progress by the way, I really like the Sifam knobs you used, did you get those locally?

Cheers!
Dan

Well if you order from a Sifam agent they will do whatever background you want. The meter should be a 1ma DC meter, I had the scale go from 0-20, which will deflect Gain Reductions in DB, it is CORRECT meter, the 2254/33609 doesn't use a typical VU meter.

Dan, RE the knobs, yip, got them and meters through the South African Sifam agents.

Cheers

Matt

reanimatorstudio said:
That's good news. So you are more accurate than Sifam !!!
Has anybody made a back ground for them?

Nice pic matta. I put a link in my threat.

Hi guys,

The TG1, 4 Channel Pre and Sidechain GSSL panels are now available, I've added them to the first post with the quantities. I also have some non-sidechain GSSL panels available for use with a proper Sifam PPM meter, a slightly unusual solution for the W492 project, see below...

The 4 Channel Pre panels are designed for JLM GoBetween switch spacing, which means that you'll also be able to rack four of your Baby Animals with them!

The oval holes are big enough to take a flat lever toggle switch, but this will be tricky as you'll need to slightly angle them when inserting them through the holes and tighten them afterwards.

Because of the complexity of the extra metalwork involved, the price for one panel is 35 EUR. But they look damn cool (even if I do say so myself) ;)

I've also got some W492 panels which I think will be a cool change from the standard panels: there's a bolt-on faceplate for one W492 channel, plus a sub-plate for holding the pots and switches for keeping the faceplate clean of the mounting nuts.  The panels can either be used with an off-the shelf case if you drill all the holes in the existing front panel, or I can supply a powder coated 1U panel with all the necessary cutouts at extra cost if you don't want to do any drilling.

The panel is designed to accommodate 11mm diameter knobs, the pots and switches on the sub-panel are a very tight fit, you will pretty much need to pre-solder wires to the pots before you attach them to the panel, the photo shows a worst-case scenario of how things will look. You can use a 1 pole toggle switch, I used 2 pole ones as I had them lying around.

The cost of two W492 plates and two rear mounting plates is 25 EUR,
The cost of a pre-drilled 1U mounting panel is 7 EUR.

Please also note that I'm currently out of 1U cases.

I need to make about 20 of them in order for the price to be worthwhile, so if you'll need a 1U case please post your interest here, I'll make a list and once there's 20 cases to be made I'll go ahead.

I will also need to ask for payment up front once we're at the 20 mark, I covered the first round out of my own pocket, and it's not something I can do this time around unfortunately.

Thanks,
Dan

Latest posts

Back