DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
API said:
And as i have said a few times now, all the 1053's i have owned used the B105 card.....

Those B105 cards were probably retrofitted into the modules at some point, probably with some more circuit modifications.
It was done because of failure of B101 and B101/A and needed repair or because the owner at the time felt the B105 might be an improvement.
It's impossible for us to know how many people worked and how many mods were done to the modules you owned.  Since the late 60's a lot could have been done.

As we can see in the schematic the Neve 1053 originally didn't use  B105 cards, but yes the circuits are similar between the modules, using a B105 on a 1053 would not be too hard.

Whoops all the cards whether ge or silicon are just Op amps at the end of the day, all long as all inputs/outputa are the same(which they are) your should be OK to swap them

Hi leadbreath,
I just uploaded the Neve 1061 Schematic to the technical docs section,
this is the cleanest schematic I was able to source from these type of modules.

I can also send you an 8 MB PDF of the same schematic, it was too big to upload here so I did some pic versions of it for the tech docs.
If you need it send me a pm

index.php

index.php

Awesome docs whoops thanks a lot, I might just bite the bullet and build this one instead, the only thing I don't like about it is the 4 -pole gain  switch- too much $£!!

great thread. does anyone happen to have a technical document that specifies the input xformer wiring? they used a bunch of gardners and it would be nice knowing what xformer leads to what input impedance etc
also since im not so experienced i wondering  which way they were actualy wired. the 600ohms with center tap towards the preamp?

ps: i found some more info here. dont know if its of any help..
http://www.technicalaudio.com/neve/1000-1199.html

ok. so i will build me some mic pre only modules from this info. thanks a lot. i do have a source for blank b100 cards but nonthing for the b104. if im a cheap guy - could the output stage be replaced by a later ba283 for instance?

salomonander said:
ok. so i will build me some mic pre only modules from this info. thanks a lot. i do have a source for blank b100 cards but nonthing for the b104. if im a cheap guy - could the output stage be replaced by a later ba283 for instance?

The B104 Card is really easy to home etch, why dont you try that?

here is the B104 showing the coper side:

B104-complete.jpg

leadbreath said:
I just need to find out what size inductor was used, does anybody out there know?

The pictures I posted were not showing in the thread during the server update,
but everything is fine.
Did you see them?

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=18356.msg793248#msg793248

hey whoops,

thanks a lot. great info. i can etch it at home. i have no clue :) i guess ill just breaboard it otherwise. if you can do it and offer a fair price shoot me a pm.

looking at the 1061 schemo and decided against building it,  it has too much going on with regards to costs and time.

gonna stick  with my first idea of the 1055 with 1053 presence a la 1058 nice and simple...

leadbreath said:
looking at the 1061 schemo and decided against building it,  it has too much going on with regards to costs and time.

gonna stick  with my first idea of the 1055 with 1053 presence a la 1058 nice and simple...

I searched for the 1058 docs I was able to collect in the last weeks in case you need them,
unfortunately the schematics are not clean but is still useful, here is the full pack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8-tjpvVqN-c2l6V2NVTTBrT3c/view

neve-1058-106656.jpg

neve1058.jpg

Also attached here the specs sheet.

You never replied to me saying if you saw or not the info I posted to you on the inductor used in these modules.

Attachments

• 1058 spec sheet.jpeg
    1058 spec sheet.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back