DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here you go guys:
and no... i dont have a schematic for that mystical b104/20 im afraid

Attachments

• 1059.schematic.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
salomonander said:
here you go guys:
and no... i dont have a schematic for that mystical b104/20 im afraid

thanks for the schematic

maybe that B104/20 reference is the same as B104.

The info I have on the 1059 is from some website that was selling a couple of modules.
I attached the pics/info I have

Attachments

• 1059 for sale.jpg
    1059 for sale.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 62
thanks for that! i called avon magnetics today. they have all the gardners blueprints and supposedly can do the mu7526 (for line input) to original specs. im waiting for a quote :) it might make a nice groupbuy. same one is used on the compex comp for input.

Whoops said:
I've been looking for a full schematic for the 1053 module,
if you happen to see one please let me know

thank you

this guy has got to have it http://www.ebay.de/itm/291558843318

salomonander said:
this guy has got to have it http://www.ebay.de/itm/291558843318

that auction ended on 15. Sep. 2015,
actually the 1053 partial schematic that I posted in this thread was taken from the auction pictures.
I tried to contact the seller with no luck.

Thanks for the 1059 schematic!
This reminded me that i had indeed seen this module before.
They were made for Konk studios and were originally housed in a roll-a-round rack with 16 or 24 of them.
This rack was on Ebay many years ago but was bought and broken up and racked by David Kulka at Studio electronics.

About the B104/20 i would believe that this is a normal B104 card boosted to 20db gain.
That would make sense to mark that in the schematic in this way, i am very sure its not a "special" version of a B104 in any way.

About resistors i realy dont know, most are the smaller brown (Piher?) resistors but there are also larger white ones which i would believe are higher wattage.
And then there is a wirewound to but i believe that is noted on the schematic.

I believe the switches are make before brake.

I can not help with the 1053 schematic though, i used to own the modules and i think they are extremely similar to the 1057 eq wise and in/out amps should be similar to.
But there seems to be some different values on components between the two.

thanks api!
in case anyone knows of a source for 4x10 rotary please let me know. they are really hard to find. grayhills are sold out everywhere... i can only find non shorting ones if any. cheers

The original gainswitch is a 4x12 (at least on my 1061 module) and i am not sure if that one is make or break, not sure it matters.

thanks mate. if anyone knows if make or brake please let me know. or could you possibly test it with a mm? id send you a bottle of wine for your efforts :)

akward... i dont see any of these 10M carbon resistors (on the lowcut rotary) in the schematic. anyone have an idea? are these used to  supress pops when using none-shorting swithes maybe? they are also present on the low freq switch but not for presence.

looking again at the gain rotary id say its non shorting.... hard to tell

Attachments

• 25188589.jpg
    25188589.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 52
Whoops said:
Maybe you can get info on the switches from the 1073 projects around.
what does the 1073 uses?

thanks mate. i did some research. but it seems as if no one really knows :) see here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=25244.0

salomonander said:
thanks mate. i did some research. but it seems as if no one really knows :) see here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=25244.0

The answer is there, Tekay gave the answer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 9.32.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 9.32.04 PM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 54
thanks guys. yes, looks like the 1073 is shorting. but look at that 1057 rotary. one can see  rather clearly see how the contacts are made and from my eyesight, shorting is impossible when considering how narrow the rotarys contact surface is. i might be wrong - but thats how it looks to me. please correct me if im wrong. im just judging from eyesight

API said:
Do you think it matters?

well i honestly dont know. dont want nasty clicks when switching. i guess ill just try a none shorting one first and see how it goes. ill report back

Back