DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Tillmann"]I had this in mind when I said fully featured:[/quote]
Yes, this is the picture I have too.

Sorry guys i´m not into it as I´d like. Hot fever comes and goes... Regarding the trafos I delivered all at the same time, this means like one week after the last one of you decided.
When I purposed only the Baxandall that was to avoid inductors and have a simple but efective eq in what in fact was a mic pre project. Full eq? Great.

I´m doing another layout but differs somewhat from the Neve concept. I took some of the Chandler ideas and applied them. I´m also redrawing the compressor. I´ll try to talk to T:K. and see what´s up. Cloning the cards had the advantage of everybody doing his own thing, but...

To all of you that bought Gardners and may think I´m now n the Bahamas with the benefits... There´s been a big mess in the Spanish Mail service ( It was in the news last week ). yesterday I went to the post office and all your GArdners were still there, along with soome Neumann cables I sold on the Ebay that will cost me some negatives. Also A box with 300 switches I got from the States in mid August and never thought would appear was there. A kind of protest from the employees.

My more sincere apologies to all of you. It´s a long weekend here but on Monday I´ll send everything by an Express service. Will cost me the Gardners but it´s been too long.

Sorry again. I guess they´ll take one or 2 days at most.

Here are the basics for the Neve Germanium project, if someone still interested. Still missing Teekay redrawings but I need to ask him first.
There are the original, but cleaned-up schematics, plus pictures of the cards, both solder and component sides, and part lists for each one. Errors in the part lists are expected, so please tell me.

CLICK TO ENLARGE:

[quote author="Wonderlandaudio"]To all of you that bought Gardners and may think I´m now n the Bahamas with the benefits... There´s been a big mess in the Spanish Mail service ( It was in the news last week ). yesterday I went to the post office and all your GArdners were still there, along with soome Neumann cables I sold on the Ebay that will cost me some negatives. Also A box with 300 switches I got from the States in mid August and never thought would appear was there. A kind of protest from the employees.
[/quote]

HI Wonderland.

I send and receive packages worldwide every day (3-4 packages last week) and had no problems. No protests in the postal service in Madrid or Spain, not notes in the news. I asked in the postal office and they knows nothing about that. Also checked google news and nothing about...

Synthi

Just ask Surplus Sales of Nebraska, Graham Hooper in the UK ( you´ll find him on Ebay ) o llama directamente a la oficina de Correos de Claudio Coello.
Por qué no te informas mejor antes de intentar cagar la reputación de alguien que te acaba de colgar toda la info que tiene sobre Neve germanio, está rehaciendo el esquema del 2252 en Orcad para tu uso y disfrute, recopilando precios para los transistores de germanio ( te aseguro que yo tengo de sobra para mi ), etc, etc, etc? Necesitas que te mande una foto con todos los sobres franqueados por correos en el salón de mi casa?
Por cierto, te reservé Gardners y nunca contactaste para pagar, no?

I`m informed. I asked the postal office, checked the news from a month ago... Also, whats the problem with surplus sales of nebraska or Graham Hooper? Are they in Spain now? I ordered from Surplus sales several times without problems.
You said there was a big mess with the spanish postal service and is not true, As I said you I`m sending and receiving international packages everyday, thats what I asked my agent specifically about that I`ve read from your post. Maybe is a problem with your postal office? It was in the news last week? Not in TV, Radio or newspapers for sure...

No offense, I toke my time to verify that just because that kind of mail service incident is important for my bussiness and I was alerted. I`m just writing what I`ve found...

Synthi

Again, call Claudio coello office.Necesitas la foto de los sobres franqueados ?
Desde luego si la quieres te la mando personalmente, esto es un foro sobre Neve germanio, no un patio de colegio. En cualquier caso creo que a quien debia darle una explicacion se la he dado. No recuerdo que te tuviera que mandar nada. No?
Si vives en Madrid te invito personalmente a venir mañana conmigo a mi oficina de correos y, por favor, ya has expresado tu opinion sobre mi a todo el foro. Te pido que dejemos de hacer el ridiculo. Gracias por tu confidencialidad.

Thanks to TK and Wonderlandaudio for the redrawings! :cool:

What is the next step on this project? I am very interested in building this design. Are there any plans to design a PCB?

Just Curious! :wink:

I'm on to the pcb layout but it will take some time as I have other stuff to do right now! :?

Pcb will be based on the 1057 channel amp and I will probably using relays for gainselecting as it's not easy to get a 4x11 switch for everyone.

I received my Gardners a few weeks ago and just wanted to let everyone know. I've been busy with a job and had no time for DIY or to post about it til now.

Wonderland, I can't really read many of the files that you posted because the resolution is too low. If it's an issue of space, I could host some full size pics for everyone interested to download. Feel free to PM me and I'll send you my email and I will host the bigger images, if you wish.

Cheers,

T

[quote author="Tekay"]I hope that I find some time under the upcoming holidays so I can finish the layouts![/quote]

Are you going to Monserrat on holidays??? Hahahaha!!!!!!

I also have my gardners.

Do we have to use relays or is it still possible to hook up a switch?
personally I prefer a simple switch solution..

Thanks,
hejsan

The relay thing is an intelligent solution ( as all T.K´s ideas up to date ) for using a one pole switch when a 3 or 4 pole would be used. Those mic pres used a 4 pole switch for gain sensitivity, which is expensive an hard to find... did not get the amps and lang xformer yet?

Back