Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone asked if the connector kit for the 51X will work with round 2 51X rack kits, the answer is yes, you just need to specify that you need the adapter made for round 2 instead of round 1.

Hey,

Alright, i fully expect and deserve to get laughed at... haha.

Anyway, how do i use the female white connector for the output voltages for your 51x PSU set? I am referring to the connector that attaches to the hookup wire (female side) and plugs into the board. I am not sure how to attach hookup wire to the female side of the connector. I was thinking it was a typical crimp style inserts, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hah sorry for my ignorance!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just kidding man, they are IDC connectors, you have to punch the wire down into the contacts. They normally use a special tool to do it, but I've done it with a small flathead screwdriver a bunch. You lay the wire in, and punch down, and the contacts break through the jack of the wire to make the connection. I just threw those in they because I had them, I figured people would just direct solder the wires...

Ptownkid said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just kidding man, they are IDC connectors, you have to punch the wire down into the contacts. They normally use a special tool to do it, but I've done it with a small flathead screwdriver a bunch. You lay the wire in, and punch down, and the contacts break through the jack of the wire to make the connection. I just threw those in they because I had them, I figured people would just direct solder the wires...

Haha thanks :p

Ohhh okay, i think i see what you're saying. So i lay the wire sorta perpendicular to the connector and shove the wire down into the slit in the metal?

Almost everything is ordered and on it's way. A few parts, critical ones of course, are back-ordered and i am working on finding some other sources to get them here faster.

Will continue to update as info becomes available.

Hey Bryan,

I have been referring guys to you for the 51x PSU component kits. I had a guy last week tell me that the trimmers were Bourns fakes? He seemed a little upset. I forgot to look but just checked now and sure enough, he is right. They are look alikes but the name is "Burans". Did you know this? Maybe you got swindled by Digi? Just wanted to make you aware if you weren't.

Best, Jeff

Yes, they are indeed "fakes" but if they weren't labeled with something similar to bourns no one would say anything. We had them on the shelf here, been using them for 5+ years without having a single one fail...if anyone ever experiences any problems with them I will gladly replace them. Trimmers ain't rocket science.

Latest posts

Back