Donald trump. what is your take on him?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveP said:
A few examples of UK media bias picked up today.

Trump going to Houston too soon and putting a strain on their resources.
except that Trump avoided Houston and went to corpus christi and austin command centers away from the actual flooding to not divert resources from the rescue operation still going on.  Of course media criticized him for "not" going to houston and talking with flood victims.  ::)
Melania going to Houston in stilletos
trump derangement syndrome...  she had a change of clothes on the plane.
Melania disaster chic.

Melania will need more than a Flotus hat.

I seem to remember Bush being criticized for not helping Katrina soon enough, but when Trump learns from that lesson he gets no support from the press, only snide remarks
Bush got resistance from the new orleans mayor and governor, most large cities are democratic so reflexively resist republican efforts.  Katrina struck east of NO. The eye went directly over my house in MS. The MS coast got trashed. Of course NO is basically a swamp protected by dikes and pumps, so the storm surge caused massive flooding.  FWIW NO still has not completely recovered since it was/is poor and was in bad shape before. If anything I think the school system now is better, thanks to a hard reset when so many people left.

The mayor of Houston told people to shelter in place and not evacuate contrary to advice from almost everybody with a clue. Now there are many thousands stranded in houston after a record 50"+ rainfall.
Surely Trump makes enough mistakes for them to feed on, without the press lowering themselves when he does something right?
TDS
So much integrity has gone south since I was a kid, it used to be that bankers and journalists had a very high professional reputation  along with doctors, these kind of cheap shots do their cause no good at all.  If people can't pull together in a disaster then they are in trouble.

DaveP
There is an echo chamber going on inside media which has always leaned liberal. What seems to have changed recently has been activism and promoting an agenda instead of straight objective news reportage.  This didn't just start but reportage during the Pres Obama administrations also showed political bias (IMO).  The recent difference is that Trump seems to be making a lot of these people so angry they forget their standards of behavior (TDS).

I was making a bad joke when I said that Trump needs to work on his apology for causing the hurricane, but in a real life is stranger than fiction incident, a sociology professor in Florida claimed that TX got hit by the hurricane because they voted for Trump. His tweet was not well received by adults living in Fl (like his immediate bosses) who have a lot of experience dealing with hurricanes. His comment may be protected speech, but he did not have tenure so got flushed for showing such poor judgement. It is not unusual for claims that natural disasters are some form of punishment from both political extremes (they're idiots too. Probably not any more idiots now than in the past, just more of them visible on media).

Nothing about this is humorous . I have a niece living in houston on the second floor of her house because the first floor is full of water.  Her family moved up to the second floor a couple days ago, so may have had to leave by now after more days of rain, I haven't heard today.  Texans are hardy so they will be OK again, but houston is flat as a board so it will take time for the flooding to subside. It is still raining east of Houston and I have been getting rain bands from the storm the last 2 days, and I am under a tornado watch (and flood watch) right now, but tornados are not that rare in MS..

JR

Perhaps when you start thinking that all the mainstream media is biased, it's a good indication that actually you're the one who is biased.
Keeping an eye on the right wing media over the past decade makes this understandable, since it is off the deep end. It has been a well orchestrated propaganda scheme to manipulate the manipulatable with emotion, conspiracy theories, and dog whistle innuendos.
For some reason it seems the right wing media is better at just not being bothered by facts at all (in comparison to the left wing media, which is also emotional, but less likely to be based on outright factual errors).

dmp said:
Perhaps when you start thinking that all the mainstream media is biased, it's a good indication that actually you're the one who is biased.
Keeping an eye on the right wing media over the past decade makes this understandable, since it is off the deep end. It has been a well orchestrated propaganda scheme to manipulate the manipulatable with emotion, conspiracy theories, and dog whistle innuendos.
For some reason it seems the right wing media is better at just not being bothered by facts at all (in comparison to the left wing media, which is also emotional, but less likely to be based on outright factual errors).
Yes that is one possibility, while I do not consider myself gullible or easily influenced, I am informed by my life experience and every year there is that much more of that.

I see bias from the left and right but I do not search out opinion elsewhere, I have too much of my own.  This is an old story but back in the 70's I read three daily newspapers for one year to determine windage (NYT, WSJ, and Wash Post ). After that I settled on WSJ and apply windage. Since them I or they have changed some, most likely both after several decades.

I learned back in the 60's from watching TV news coverage and reading newspaper reports about anti-war rallies that I actually attended, the limitations of news reportage, and TVs magnetic attraction to visuals (pictures at 11), which is why almost everything we see on TV is a planned photo op (except for Melania's jimmy choos).

If it makes it easier to dismiss my ideas as coming from a mindless, brainwashed, deplorable, do what works for you. I'll manage.  8)

JR

JohnRoberts said:
trump derangement syndrome... 
TDS
The recent difference is that Trump seems to be making a lot of these people so angry they forget their standards of behavior (TDS).
I'm curious: do you think there was such a thing as 'Obama derangement syndrome' within the right between 2008 and 2016?

Matador said:
I'm curious: do you think there was such a thing as 'Obama derangement syndrome' within the right between 2008 and 2016?
Perhaps in the far right fringes, but President Obama is a much smoother messenger and experienced politician. In fact I liked several of his speeches. His words mostly sounded OK except for when he went off prompter,  like saying the Cambridge police acted "stupidly" suggesting race was a factor when his professor buddy was breaking into his own house and neighbors reported the break-in to police.

If you were listening to me back then I said "ignore his head fakes and watch his feet"  a basketball reference because he saw himself as a basketballer. In hindsight many promises he made about ACA were not kept.

Trump OTOH is in a love-hate relationship with the media...  They try to make their bones by getting into a personal dispute with POTUS, and since he is a counter puncher, that never learned to turn the other cheek, he obliges them much too often.  Trump will never quit tweeting because he sees it as a way to communicate directly with the public without being filtered or distorted by the press, but all too often he steps on his own messaging by tweeting too much unimportant blather. The media will keep up the pressure because it sells newspapers and helps their ratings. Trump is one of the best things that ever happened to cable news and aging newspaper franchises.

I don't expect to see another Trump in the future (thankfully), but I fear politics has been changed forever.  Reagan was our last celebrity president, I doubt  Trump will be our last (Oprah?).

JR

I don't know why or even if anyone pays any attention to 'the media' anymore. It's just a bunch of corporate bullsh*t. Trump is, at best, a clown. Thanks! Trying to pretend otherwise because of what political side of the aisle you're on just makes you look dishonest.

Putting his finger up in McConnell's face is the the most clownish thing I've seen a politican do since that Clinton DeBlasio Hamilton skit. Sad!

UAE's ambassador's hotmail hacked. Underage.

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/30/uae-ambassador-yousef-al-otaiba-double-life-prostitutes-sex-work/

Attachments

• President Trump speaks to Mitch McConnell.jpg
    President Trump speaks to Mitch McConnell.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 6
JohnRoberts said:
Perhaps in the far right fringes...

I clearly remember "Sleevegate" (Michelle Obama's scandalous wearing of sleeveless dresses), and "vegetable gate" (the school lunch program), and these were reported widely in Fox News, Daily Mail, ABC News, etc.  I'm not convinced this was limited to the "far right fringe".

JohnRoberts said:
In hindsight many promises he made about ACA were not kept.

So here's where I have the bone to pick:  why are you not holding Obama to the same standard that you are holding Trump, the person you have told us "we cannot interpret literally".

Obama gave an interview in 2013 where he apologized for misleading anyone who ended up loosing their coverage.  You once said you were "relieved that Trump has reversed himself from some of his more hyperbolic promises", are you relieved that Obama did the same?

JohnRoberts said:
Trump OTOH is in a love-hate relationship with the media...  They try to make their bones by getting into a personal dispute with POTUS, and since he is a counter puncher, that never learned to turn the other cheek, he obliges them much too often.

[quote author=Donald Trump]
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @CNN, @NBCNews and many more) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people. SICK!

"I would never kill them, but I do hate them. And some of them are such lying, disgusting people."

"You're [Llamas, an ABC News journalist] a sleaze because you know the facts and you know the facts well."

I find the press to be extremely dishonest. I find the political press to be unbelievably dishonest.
[/quote]
You are right, I just can't understand the media's continued condemnation of our president...

The problem, scott2000, is that people like to have a positive view of themselves and people who think like they do, so they ignore the inconsistencies and hypocrisies in what they say and believe, and they also ignore, minimize, and deflect from the consequences of their beliefs on other people, because it inhibits their continuing to have them and their ability spread them.

The more they run it, the more other people will point out their hypocrisy and the consequences of their beliefs. Why not?

Here are some of those consequences.

If you are a Trump supporter, the president has just pardoned “America’s toughest sheriff,” a man who was willing to fight illegal immigration using any means at his disposal. If you are a liberal, Trump has pardoned a despicable racist, a man who spent decades casually violating the civil liberties of Latinos. And if you are a balanced and neutral news organization, Trump has pardoned a “controversial” sheriff who faced “accusations of abuse” and “defied a court order.” These are the terms on which the debate about Arpaio is had: is he a vindictive bigot who neglected his prisoners or a steely lawman who dared to enforce immigration policy when the Feds wouldn’t? (Perhaps we’ll just call him “polarizing.”)

But none of these perspectives actually capture the full truth about Joe Arpaio. And I am worried that even those who detest Trump and are appalled by this pardon do not entirely appreciate the depth of Arpaio’s evil, or understand quite how indefensible what Donald Trump just has done is. Frankly I think even Trump may not fully realize the extent of the wrongdoing that he has just signaled his approval of. And I think it’s very important to be clear: the things Joe Arpaio is nationally infamous for, the immigration crackdown and the tent city, these are only the beginning. The word “racist” isn’t enough. The word “abusive” isn’t enough. Joe Arpaio’s actions over the course of his time in office were monstrous and sickening. As Arpaio’s officers were harassing, detaining, and beating citizens and non-citizens alike, with jail employees routinely calling inmates “wetbacks” or leaving them to die on the floor, Arpaio let hundreds of serious sexual abuse cases go uninvestigated, in one case resulting in a child being continually raped. He was not just a “tough” sheriff, but a cruel and incompetent one, faking clearance reports for serious crimes while abusing the power of his office to arrest and intimidate journalists, judges, and county officials. Some of Arpaio’s acts bordered on the psychopathic: in a deranged re-election plot, Arpaio oversaw a scheme to pay someone to attempt to assassinate him, even supplying the man with bomb-making materials, so that he could entrap the fake “assassin” and send him to prison, ruining the hapless man’s life. Arpaio treated the Constitution with contempt, inflicting what the Mayor of Phoenix called a “reign of terror” upon the city’s Latino community. Anybody with a hint of a conscience should be revolted by both Arpaio’s record and Trump’s pardon.

What actually does shock me is how many people put up with Joe Arpaio, or have failed to acknowledge the extent of his misdeeds. The conservatives who embraced Arpaio, of course, showed that their professed concern with crime prevention and the rule of law is purely rhetorical.“It’s amazing to me that so-called conservatives will look the other way when someone has abused the power of government in the most extreme fashion,” said a Republican former Arizona Attorney General. But even Stephen Colbert and Conan O’Brien invited him on their shows, where they cracked jokes with him. (“I have great respect for any man who wears a 45 caliber tie clip,” Colbert’s character observed of the golden handgun Arpaio wears.) Janet Napolitano had a disgracefully cordial relationship with Arpaio during her time as U.S. Attorney for Arizona. After Arpaio was accused of brutality, she held a “friendly press conference” with him, where she spent time  “trading compliments with the sheriff.” Arpaio then recorded a campaign ad for Napolitano. When she became Obama’s DHS secretary, Napolitano’s office told The New Yorker that “ending Homeland Security’s partnership with Arpaio is not under consideration” even after the racist policing practices had been so well-documented.

a lot more

https://static.currentaffairs.org/2017/08/wait-do-people-actually-know-just-how-evil-this-man-is

scott2000 said:
Just be be nice to see people here treat each other with the respect that they so passionately campaign for.
And I don't mean that in some convoluted manner that is meant to be twisted into some argument for the fun of it or worse.
I guess I'm old fashion but, respect used to mean something even if it were for only the benefits it has in and of itself.

Hey, at least people here are talking with each other when they hold opposing viewpoints. And it is generally respectful - probably in now small part because of the forum rules and the subset of people here hold shared values and respect of the forum.
I feel like 'respect' can be meant in different ways - so I am wondering what exactly you are getting at.
Some people use respect as a means to power (ie, have respect to your elders). This I disagree with & oppose as it is a means to power not based on the content of your beliefs.

Some people use respect as a means to power (ie, have respect to your elders). This I disagree with & oppose as it is a means to power not based on the content of your beliefs.
I believe everyone on this forum has an equal right to respect no matter what their age is, so we are agreed on that.

I've not been aware of anyone abusing their age or respect on the Brewery.  There are loads of guys on this forum that I would defer to over electronics because of their vast experience.  However, the Brewery is different and respect generally comes from the wisdom of one's posts.  This is why you can sell yourself short, just by re-posting other authors.

The fact that some of us have been alive since President Truman, just means that we have seen more stuff, we may or may not be any wiser for it, but it does mean that we don't panic when someone like Trump shows up I guess.

DaveP

Matador said:
I clearly remember "Sleevegate" (Michelle Obama's scandalous wearing of sleeveless dresses),
Sorry I didn't catch that...you may be shocked but i don't follow far right or far left wingnuts.  I do recall that her fashion decisions were widely followed and helped sales of a few clothing brands. But this is true for several first ladies (since Jacqueline Kennedy).
and "vegetable gate" (the school lunch program), and these were reported widely in Fox News, Daily Mail, ABC News, etc.  I'm not convinced this was limited to the "far right fringe".
Her healthy school lunch mandate has been reversed (actually relaxed) because the school administrators hated to see so much good food end up in the trash bins. You can lead the kids to vegetables but you can't make them eat their vegetables. Trying to mandate what kids eat was maternalistic overreach and caused food waste.
So here's where I have the bone to pick:  why are you not holding Obama to the same standard that you are holding Trump, the person you have told us "we cannot interpret literally".
The ACA consultant (Jonathan Gruber) behind crafting the ACA, shared that transparency about the bill would have prevented passage. Deception and the "stupidity of American voters" was necessary to get it to pass (he actually said that). If President Obama thought he was being honest about his promises, he was also duped by Gruber. I choose to believe he was not that ignorant about his namesake legislation, so chose to misrepresent this until after it was law.
Obama gave an interview in 2013 where he apologized for misleading anyone who ended up loosing their coverage.  You once said you were "relieved that Trump has reversed himself from some of his more hyperbolic promises", are you relieved that Obama did the same?
After it was passed? Even Gruber said he would have preferred to be honest about the legislation, but passing it was more important than telling the truth.  I will concede that the democrats had mostly good intentions, but the ACA was not what they said it was.  Even SCOTUS refused to recognize the unconstitutionality of it deferring to the legislature to work it out with the voters.

Trump is not a politician (still learning) so he has not spent the last decade thinking about and answering political questions. In several cases he has learned more about some of his more hyperbolic (and impossible) claims so taken more informed positions. Even building a physical wall will probably not happen for the full border, while it will be beefed up with electronic measures. Criminals have repurposed horizontal drilling rigs, perfected for fracking, to drill tunnels under the wall in high traffic areas (like tijuana), making the physical wall obsolete. If the illegal immigrants couldn't get jobs here, they would stop coming.
You are right, I just can't understand the media's continued condemnation of our president...
For now it sells more newspapers and gets ratings.  I can't even watch late night TV because of all the obligatory Trump insults (my personal problem that I can live with... late night TV is mindless celebrity worship anyhow). It used to be just Letterman who turned hyper-political , but now being apolitical is the exception, not like Leno or Johnny Carson back in the day who were able to make political jokes and be funny without all the mean spirited insults.

I am resigned to not being a follower of popular trends.

JR

PS: As rarely happens I must report that I agree completely with Nancy Pelosi's recent condemnation of antifa, hopefully some more of her peers will follow her lead.

Amber Cummings, lmao.

Black-clad anarchists on Sunday stormed into what had been a largely peaceful Berkeley protest against hate and attacked at least five people, including the leader of a politically conservative group who canceled an event a day earlier in San Francisco amid fears of violence.

The group of more than 100 hooded protesters, with shields emblazoned with the words "no hate" and waving a flag identifying themselves as anarchists, busted through police lines, avoiding security checks by officers to take away possible weapons. Then the anarchists blended with a crowd of 2,000 largely peaceful protesters who turned up to demonstrate in a "Rally Against Hate" opposed to a much smaller gathering of right-wing protesters.

Among those assaulted was Joey Gibson, the leader of the Patriot Prayer group, which canceled a Saturday rally and was then prevented from holding a news conference when authorities closed off the public square Gibson planned to use. Gibson has denounced racism and said he launched Patriot Prayer after several supporters of President Donald Trump were beaten at a Trump campaign stop in San Jose, California, last year. Authorities nonetheless feared the group's event could attract white nationalists, as it has in the past.

After the anarchists spotted Gibson at the Berkeley park, they pepper-sprayed him and chased him out as he backed away with his hands held in the air. Gibson rushed behind a line of police wearing riot gear, who set off a smoke bomb to drive away the anarchists.

Separately, groups of hooded, black-clad protesters attacked at least four other men in or near the park, kicking and punching them until the assaults were stopped by police. The assaults were witnessed by an Associated Press reporter.

Berkeley authorities did not issue a permit for Sunday's gathering of right-wing protesters. Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin had urged counterprotesters to stay away from Civic Center Park.

The right-wing event had been canceled by organizer Amber Cummings, who encouraged supporters to stay away but said she would attend on her own.

By mid-afternoon Cummings had not appeared and left-wing protesters far outnumbered right-wing supporters.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-berkeley-protests-20170827-story.html

ACT for America, the nation’s largest anti-Muslim organization, has announced the replacement of its 67 ‘America First’ rallies across 36 states with an online ‘Day of ACTion’ on September 9.

The rallies were planned to support President Donald Trump’s immigration, refugee and border policies. ACT for America says the abrupt change in plans is due to “recent violence in America and in Europe.”

The decision comes on the heels of the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in which three people died and 35 were injured.  Many have expressed concerns in having similar rallies in their communities, fearing violence. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, in response to ACT for America’s planned rally in Milwaukee, said:

My message to them is ‘We don't want you here.’ We don't want any Nazi groups here, any white supremacist or ‘alt-right’ groups who are coming because this is a city of inclusion. It's not a city of exclusion, and it’s not a city of white supremacy so go somewhere else and bother the people there.

In June, the organization planned ‘March Against Sharia’ rallies in 28 cities across the country. As SPLC previously documented, many of the rallies were widely attended by racist ‘alt-right’ groups including the “blood and soil” fascist group Vanguard America and the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, as well as armed right-wing militias. A rally scheduled for Batesville, Arkansas, was to have been organized by longtime neo-Nazi Billy Roper.

ACT for America typically attempts to distance itself from members who are revealed to be extremists. Only after the SPLC revealed Roper’s racist past and current beliefs did ACT for America drop sponsorship of the event. Roper still hosted his own march, however, which included a “Draw Mohammad” contest and attendees in “White Pride World Wide” shirts.

Brigitte Gabriel, founder of ACT for America, released a statement that read in part:

In recent weeks, extremist and radical organizations in the United States and abroad have overrun peaceful events in order to advance their own agendas, and in many cases, violence has been the result. Given the security issues of organizing public events, the responsible decision is to deny this opportunity to Neo-Nazis, Antifa, the KKK, and ISIS inspired individuals and groups. ACT for America’s membership is patriotic citizens whose only goal is to celebrate America’s values and peacefully express their views regarding national security.

The statement conveniently ignores the participation of neo-Nazis and white nationalist alt-right groups in ACT for America’s June rallies, and comes after tens of thousands of Bostonians rallied against a “free speech” rally that originally featured prominent figures of the alt-right.

ACT provided the announcement as an “exclusive” to Breitbart News, which Stephen K. Bannon, who recently returned to the publication after serving in the White House, once called “the platform for the alt-right.” The publication has a long history of publishing anti-Muslim extremists and is known for its fearmongering coverage of the refugee crisis.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/22/act-america-cancels-67-rallies-after-charlottesville-0

Wear #MAGA hats to make it look like average Trump supporters are being attacked

https://twitter.com/NewsRevo/status/903314763337359364

Do you want a white ethno state? Make a 5 year plan and don't stay in the middle of the road.

https://twitter.com/NewsRevo/status/903349295939760130

Use common sense in planning your nazi march. No hoods, no swastikas, etc.

https://twitter.com/NewsRevo/status/903348044506288128

Attachments

• DIk3xySXcAABJAw.jpg
    DIk3xySXcAABJAw.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
The free speech crowd certainly does know how to speak, and their central success has been publishing articles that reinforce the idea that antifa scares away allies and emboldens the right. These pundits clearly do speak for a segment of the population, and it's possible that black bloc outfits and videos of street fighting—touted incessantly by right-wing media—are turning them away from the antifascist cause. The more alienated these observers feel, the more correct they consider themselves in condemning antifa. But antifa isn't trying to earn the support of 51 percent of any electorate. Our main concern is winning, and we don't need nearly that many people to do it.

The chaos and brutality in Charlottesville showed what's at stake, and what happens when antifascists are outnumbered. Fascists showed up hoping to hurt people, a posture that gave them a fighting advantage when both sides were equal in strength. Antifascists were able to protect other activists from further harm and possible death, while the struggle of Corey Long and Deandre Harris and the martyrdom of Heather Heyer inspired nationwide introspection—even if President Donald Trump thought about it and landed on the wrong answer. It's hard to watch this footage and not conclude that standing up to white supremacists—literally just standing—requires conscious self-defense.

People were horrified by the white-nationalist show of strength in Charlottesville. But since then, fascists attempting to maintain their momentum have instead crashed into a brick wall. In Boston and San Francisco, thousands of antifascists flooded the streets to shut them down, leading to a reversal of the infamous torch march pictures: a few dozen white supremacists, surrounded by the outraged citizenry. Compared to Charlottesville, the violence was minimal, and that's how it's supposed to work. When antifa wins, there's little fighting, and participants move on to other things, like disaster relief; when the fascists win, there are death camps.

Luckily, the free speech side is right about one thing: Fascists are not a dominant force in American politics, their West Wing access notwithstanding. If we want to make them feel deeply unwelcome and vastly outnumbered, antifascists don't need everyone to the left of the KKK to show up ready to throw down. A 10- or 20-to-one anti-to-fa ratio is sufficient, which means we're talking about minor-league baseball attendance numbers here, tops. And I don't mean a 10,000-person black bloc: a small militant core can protect a broad diversity of antifascists. That's what Mother Jones reporter Shane Bauer saw in Berkeley: "Many attendees expressed surprise at the unprecedented level of coordination between groups that don't always get along," he wrote.

more

https://psmag.com/social-justice/understanding-antifa

Attachments

• DIk_bUoW4AAig3n.jpg
    DIk_bUoW4AAig3n.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9
Atrocity exhibition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AqeqAQ1ILI

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=50&offset=0&profile=default&search=nazi+massacre

About 3 weeks ago, I saw a town within 4 hours bicycle ride up the Gerbeau farm where some 500 men, women, and children had been murdered by the Germans. I saw one baby who had been crucified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

The soldiers immediately proceeded to round up villagers and refugees, locking up hundreds of them in several barns and stables before systematically executing them. The killings were done mostly by shooting groups of people with machine guns or by herding them into basements and other enclosed spaces and tossing in hand grenades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant%27Anna_di_Stazzema_massacre

More than 500 died at Kalavryta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Kalavryta

On June 10, 1944, for over two hours, Waffen-SS troops of the 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division under the command of SS-Hauptsturmführer Fritz Lautenbach went door to door and massacred Greek civilians as part of "savage reprisals" for a partisan attack upon the unit's convoy.[1] A total of 214 men, women and children were killed in Distomo,[2] a small village near Delphi.[3] According to survivors, SS forces "bayoneted babies in their cribs, stabbed pregnant women, and beheaded the village priest."[3]

Following the massacre, a Secret Field Police agent accompanying the German forces informed the authorities that, contrary to Lautenbach's official report, the German troops had come under attack several miles from Distomo and had not been fired upon "with mortars, machine-guns and rifles from the direction of Distomo". An inquiry was convened. Lautenbach admitted that he had gone beyond standing orders, but the tribunal found in his favour, holding that he had been motivated, not by negligence or ignorance, but by a sense of responsibility towards his men.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distomo_massacre

Some 70,000 Jews were murdered in Ponary,[6] along with between 2,000 and 20,000 Poles[7] and 8,000 Russian POWs, many from nearby Vilnius.[3][8] Lithuania and the Baltic States became the first place outside occupied Poland where the Nazis would mass murder Jews as part of the Final Solution.[9] Out of 70,000 Jews living in Vilnius, only 7,000 (10%) survived the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponary_massacre

The incident occurred on 29 March 1945.[1]

The victims' remains were found in 1995 by the Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Wien.[2] In 2008, Viennese political science student Andreas Forster discovered the name of Adolf Storms in records of the incident. Forster's professor Walter Manoschek gathered evidence and conducted a videotaped interview with Storms.[3] In 2009, then 90-year-old Storms was indicted for his alleged involvement in the killings.[4]

Storms died on June 28, 2010 at the age of 90.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsch_Sch%C3%BCtzen_massacre

It was one of the earliest massacres (probably the second, after the Bochnia massacre of 52 civilians on December 18) to occur in occupied Poland. It was also one of the first instances of the large scale implementation by Germany of the doctrine of collective responsibility in the General Government in Poland since the end of the invasion in September.[4][6][7]
Kotwica.

Soon after the massacre, a Polish youth resistance organization, "Wawer", was created.[1] It was part of the Szare Szeregi (the underground Polish Scouting Association), and its first act was to create a series of graffiti in Warsaw around the Christmas of 1940, commemorating the massacre.[1][2][6] Members of the AK Wawer "Small Sabotage" unit painted "Pomścimy Wawer" ("We'll avenge Wawer") on Warsaw walls. At first they painted the whole text, then to save time they shortened it to two letters, P and W. Later they invented Kotwica -"Anchor" - the symbol, a combination of these 2 letters, was easy and fast to paint. Next kotwica gained more meanings - Polska Walcząca ("Fighting Poland") . It also stands for Wojsko Polskie ("Polish Army") and Powstanie Warszawskie ("Warsaw Uprising"). Finally "Kotwica" became a patriotic symbol of defiance against the occupiers and was painted on building walls everywhere.

On 3 March 1947, the Polish Supreme National Tribunal for the Trial of War Criminals (Najwyższy Trybunał Narodowy) sentenced Max Daume to death.[1] Wilhelm Wenzel was extradited to Poland by the Soviets in 1950 and executed in November 1951.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawer_massacre

Death count

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cz%C4%99stochowa_massacre

The massacres in Piaśnica were a set of mass executions carried out by Nazi Germany during World War II, between the fall of 1939 and spring of 1940 in Piaśnica Wielka (Groß Piasnitz) in the Darzlubska Wilderness near Wejherowo. The exact number of people murdered is unknown, but estimates range between 12,000 and 14,000 victims. Most of them were Polish intellectuals from Gdańsk Pomerania, but Poles, Jews, Czechs and German inmates from mental hospitals from General Government and the Third Reich were also murdered. After the Stutthof concentration camp, Piaśnica was the largest site of killings of Polish civilians in Pomerania by the Germans, and for this reason is sometimes referred to as the "second" or "Pomeranian" Katyn.[1] It was the first large scale Nazi atrocity in occupied Poland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_in_Pia%C5%9Bnica

A column of Polish women with children being led by German troops along Wolska Street in early August 1944. More than fifteen thousand Polish civilians had been murdered by German troops in Warsaw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_massacre

Attachments

• Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-695-0423-14,_Warschauer_Aufstand,_flüchtende_Zivilisten.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-695-0423-14,_Warschauer_Aufstand,_flüchtende_Zivilisten.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back