Donald trump. what is your take on him?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trump  deals in high dollar real estate the kind that russians  have been buying in the U.S.  or some time now. So, it  would not shock me to find trump e-mailing with Russia.

mattiasNYC said:
Wrong event.
Yup... man at recent event was apparently raising a sign... Crowd reacted and SS took it seriously as they should.

Still a strange election year.

JR

PS: I read most of the transcript from the benghazi hearing and my head hurts. I'll give my full report later. More hearings and public statements to review.  It is clear she can parse words with the best (or worst congressmen).  Some it depends on what "XYZ" means, to argue about. 

ruffrecords said:
To all our friends on here in the US, good luck today. Whatever happens it will be historic.

Cheers

Ian

Indeed it will.  230 years is a long time to wait.  And, just as "1st African American President" will, over time, rise well above  "failed health care plan" and all the other petty criticisms and squabbling - so will "1st Female President" eclipse a year of mountains out of molehills accusations and other irrational fears and hypercritical nonsense.  That their terms would be placed successively in the timeline of history is remarkable!

"Rigged Election?"    Well if so, I make a motion to consider bowing to whatever forces are behind it.  It seems to know the better value better in the Big Picture - that thing called Progress.

The sun is about to rise on Nov 8, 2016.  Be safe everyone, and have a great election day!  :)

ruffrecords said:
To all our friends on here in the US, good luck today. Whatever happens it will be historic.

Cheers

Ian
Thank you.

The stock market has called it for Hillary since yesterday. Let's hope whoever wins does so decisively so we can have another peaceful transfer of power and move beyond this quickly.

JR

Well according to Trump the election is rigged, so I'd expect turmoil if it is.

Let's hope whoever wins does so decisively so we can have another peaceful transfer of power and move beyond this quickly.
Well, Obama won decisively and unfortunately faced years of opposition - based on lies like the birther movement - which was led of course by the current Republican candidate. 
The real hope is that not only is the President contest decisive, but also the Congress. A lot of people are fed up with obstruction in Washington.  It seems the anti-government folks are nearly as happy with divided government as with their own candidate winning.

Trying to look for the positive in all of this:

I expect Clinton to win unless all the social algorithms the pollsters have factored in are way out. :eek:

That being so, I would hope that she feels chastened by the criticism and vows to run a clean Presidency.

I also hope that she takes on board the aspirations of the other half who did not vote for her, and cleans up the Washington Elite machine that has not served that demographic well.

She has a chance to heal the country, let's hope she takes it :-\

DaveP

That being so, I would hope that she feels chastened by the criticism and vows to run a clean Presidency.
I also hope that she takes on board the aspirations of the other half who did not vote for her, and cleans up the Washington Elite machine that has not served that demographic well.
You've really been drinking the cool-aid of the Republican attack machine.  I'm sure I won't be able to change your mind but I hope she realizes the depths that the anti government opposition will go and do everything she can to quarantine the hateful attacks and lies of the alt right.
I also hope she recognizes the social and economic issues of the Trump and Bernie supporters and can reach out to them so they don't turn towards a dark leader like trump again. The hateful aspirations of the right (prejudicial, superior, bullying, threatening etc) I hope will continue to be illuminated and opposed.

DaveP said:
Trying to look for the positive in all of this:

I expect Clinton to win unless all the social algorithms the pollsters have factored in are way out. :eek:
Likely
Unlikely, while they look like they will wind down(?) the Clinton foundation. It seems the desire to fund a similar re-election campaign in 4 years will be an incentive to keep some kind of access to deep pockets  (pure speculation).
Most US elections are only won by a few percent of the electorate so nearly half the country voted against most elected presidents. This time won't be any different.  Some presidents say they will represent all citizens, but politicians say a lot of stuff they don't really mean. That is why we have a strong constitution to protect individual rights from government force.

There is a wave of populism reverberating around the world so all leaders must take notice or pay a penalty in future votes.
She has a chance to heal the country, let's hope she takes it :-\

DaveP
Her husband negotiated and worked with the opposition party when he was president but lost the congress his second term. He set a better example than our current POTUS who lost the congress then started pushing the limits of his executive authority and has been slapped back by the courts several times.  So she has two obvious examples to choose from (if she doesn't win congress too).

The house appears solidly republican but the senate majority appears to be in play (projected).

It is too early to predict how she would behave with the levers of power in hand. I have learned some more insights from reading the transcripts of her congressional testimony (what a snake pit of lawyers vs lawyers sparring), but I won't speculate further. As she rather famously said, at this point what difference does it make?

Caveat Lector:  the vote results aren't in yet (except for Dixville Notch, NH that she won 4-2  after midnight last night) so this is speculation about vote outcomes. The polls got Brexit wrong, but I don't feel lucky, haven't been lucky for years.

Good luck to us all..

JR

I hope everyone (in the USA) is able to get out and vote today. Although this has been a bruising campaign season, the fact that the country still has a vibrant democracy is something to feel good about.
Choose where you want the country to go.

"vibrant democracy".... I'm not so sure about that.

I think true democracy requires an informed population, and since capitalism governs news in the US it won't be properly informed. In addition, the system skews it all so you end up with only two viable candidates. I hardly think that's democratic. Lastly, it's the year 2016 and the wealthiest most powerful nation on the planet puts the election on a Tuesday, but doesn't make it a holiday, making it difficult for millions to vote. The requirement of registering to vote is also nonsense. Simply require a state-issued ID to verify your citizenship and then allow the person to vote. On top of that varying voting systems between states / districts. Remember the hanging chads or whatever they were called? Or the glitchy machines? The ones that could be hacked....

USA. 2016.

Calling it democratic is a stretch. But it's exactly what the people deserve for perpetuating a system that creates that situation.

You've really been drinking the cool-aid of the Republican attack machine.  I'm sure I won't be able to change your mind but I hope she realizes the depths that the anti government opposition will go and do everything she can to quarantine the hateful attacks and lies of the alt right.
I also hope she recognizes the social and economic issues of the Trump and Bernie supporters and can reach out to them so they don't turn towards a dark leader like trump again. The hateful aspirations of the right (prejudicial, superior, bullying, threatening etc) I hope will continue to be illuminated and opposed.
I don't read US newspapers or watch US media, all my opinions are formed from UK and French media, more vin rouge than cool-aid ;)
In fact, if I was a US voter I would have voted for Bernie Sanders for his integrity, does that make it any better for you?

Trump is not my kind of demographic at all, but I do respect the reasons why his supporters want things to be different, their views should not be ridiculed by liberals just because they might have had a better education.

DaveP

mattiasNYC said:
Well according to Trump the election is rigged, so I'd expect turmoil if it is.

I heard a snippet of an interview with a Trump supporter on the radio today:

Interviewer: So you think this election is rigged?
Trumpite: Yes
I: Is there any evidence  for this?
T: Yes, lots of it.
I: Where?
T: Everywhere
I: Where specifically
T: We got weapons. We are going to storm the White House and get it. Any more questions?

Cheers

Ian

DaveP said:
Trump is not my kind of demographic at all, but I do respect the reasons why his supporters want things to be different, their views should not be ridiculed by liberals just because they might have had a better education.

DaveP

I agree to a degree, because not all of his supporters support him for the same reason. If you would have voted Bernie then we both probably would have viewed a part of Trump's supporters motives, but there's a range there and there are plenty of them that have really crappy motives.

ruffrecords said:
I heard a snippet of an interview with a Trump supporter on the radio today:

Interviewer: So you think this election is rigged?
Trumpite: Yes
I: Is there any evidence  for this?
T: Yes, lots of it.
I: Where?
T: Everywhere
I: Where specifically
T: We got weapons. We are going to storm the White House and get it. Any more questions?

Cheers

Ian

It follows the pattern I've seen from most Trump supporters actually:

- Make claim
- When asked if there's evidence just say "yes, plenty"
- When asked what the evidence is specifically; change the topic

Back