EQP500 - 500 series Pultec Program Equalizer - pics added

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for the unconvenience with the meq500 L bracket. this was a long time ago, back than the metal work was made by hand.
the eqp500 will be made from industrial laser cut / cnc bending machines with tight tolerances. the kits will come with caps included, and doa sockets included (and the appropriate holes for them in the pcb)
drawing the hole thing in CAD helps solving problems prior to building the prototype.

quotings for the potentiometers and filter capacitors (i will use some nice styroflex for most positions) came in, still waiting for quotes for the required metal work.

the order for the costum potentiometers is confirmed - lead time 6 weeks.
the decision was made to go for the everything-but-the-DOA-kits.
find your favourite discrete opamp and you are ready to go  check this nice list by eisen-jens http://www.eisenaudio.com/diy500/tables/opamps/

one kit will contain

2 input/output transformers HS-56-inspired *
1 NiFe-cored inductor *
1 PCB-set
1 engraved frontpanel
1 laser-cut l-bracket/slade + mounting hardware
7 Knobs
20 styroflex capacitors
6 axial film capacitors
6 electrolyts & radial film capacitors
5 costum order conductive polymer potentiometers
3 gold plated rotary switches
9 resistors + trim pot
1 signal - relais + toggle switch
6 DOA mill max sockets gold contacts
3 diodes
* hand wound from my own production

i will announce the pricing soon.

-max

Kit with at least the critical or hard to get parts is handy , thanks
I was going to be a smart ass and say " all for only 79Euro , Great ! "
but if there is a user way to keep the cost down , will be appreciated

faceplate ready to use , good caps , custom xfmrs , can't lose !

Max, couple of suggestions.  

If you use 'cut' rather than 'atten', you don't have to abbreviate.   It doesn't have to be that exact a copy of that old screwy original layout. 

If you reverse the 'in/out' switch position, the 'in' toggle position will be more out of the way of the knob, and give better ergonomics.  As is, most of the time it will be 'in' position, with toggle leaning toward the knob.  

As per the other 500 series threads, make the faceplate less than 1.5" wide, to avoid offset errors in people's racks.  

eqp500_front.jpg

thanks doug.
i do like the atten abbreviation, i guess i will keep that.
the faceplate is an older version, the actual one has in/out replaced for the reasons you described - good catch.
the faceplate is 38mm wide.

some qoutings are still missing, but the first parts are coming in, i think everything will come together quite nicely.

two more renders from the construction.

pcb_construction.jpg

pcb_construction2.jpg

I would be down for a minimum of 4 of these bad bears!!! I need bitching EQ for my studio!!! ;D

man, this looks absolutely excellent
definitely interested in 2 - 4, depending, of course, on $.

Max, are you planning to sell a iron set (trafos/inductor) to build a non-500 version?

mitsos said:
Max, are you planning to sell a iron set (trafos/inductor) to build a non-500 version?

no plans for that since the supply for the inductor cores is limited. however it is possible to mount the kit into a normal chassis and hardwire the switches.

most likely i will offer everything-but-the-DOA kits and assembled&tested units only.
as usual unlike many others i take no cash in advance / pre-payments but only sell what i have in my hands.
just finished winding the coils for 50 transformers, getting help stuffing the laminations by these fine hands.

Attachments

• core assembly.jpg
    core assembly.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 147

Latest posts

Back