F22 Mic from AliExpress. Is it any good? What is it based on?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to use and K-47 too (probably a 77jc, as kingkorg said it's one of the best cheap AliExpress K-47 capsules)
The 77JC is not a K47 type capsule, you can see the hole pattern
But in a headbasket similar to F22 it sounds good, with a flat circuit it seemed to me almost like a smile curve.It depends a lot on the positioning of the capsule in the headbasket

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-29-10-32-05-517_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-10-32-05-517_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 1
Googling for "77JC", the third result that shows up for me is an aliexpress link to a K47-looking capsule.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003678248617.html - but it seems to be out of stock 🤦‍♂️

So weird that NOTHING comes up when searching for 77JC on aliexpress itself... :oops:
THX
I managed to find it, now there are also attractive discounts, but unfortunately, it is sold out, it is no longer available, at least for my location, maybe that is why the search on Ali itself does not provide valid results
Too bad, it seems to have a fairly flat frequency response, it would be good for many too bright microphones

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-29-11-18-24-116_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-11-18-24-116_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-05-29-11-19-31-469_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-11-19-31-469_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 0
Googling for "77JC", the third result that shows up for me is an aliexpress link to a K47-looking capsule.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003678248617.html - but it seems to be out of stock 🤦‍♂️

So weird that NOTHING comes up when searching for 77JC on aliexpress itself... :oops:
I think that it sold out recently because last week it was available. I hope it comes back in stock.

AliExpress is too weird with search results and I gave up trying to understand it...

If someone finds a good K-47 capsule on Ali that isn't out of stock, please, post it here!

I think that it sold out recently because last week it was available. I hope it comes back in stock.

AliExpress is too weird with search results and I gave up trying to understand it...

If someone finds a good K-47 capsule on Ali that isn't out of stock, please, post it here!
I found a similar looking capsule with the same frequency response graph and, most importantly, it's currently on stock.

The only weird thing is that the hole pattern is just wrong lol it looks like it only has stock images and I don't know if the QC is good. I even found like 4 listings around the same price and with the same pictures as the one I'm linking.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005006451949480.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

But now I'm a bit confused. I thought this capsule is a K67 type that only looks like a CK12. Now you say it's more of a K47 type...what's the truth?

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 15-19-25 77JC – cartouche de Microphone à grand diaphragme de 34mm co...png

Which of the two capsules do you favor for a U47 type? The pseudo Ck12 or this one?
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 15-18-58 Mikrofon patrone Kern robuste Bühnen leistungen Kondensator ...png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 15-18-58 Mikrofon patrone Kern robuste Bühnen leistungen Kondensator ...png
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 15-18-58 Mikrofon patrone Kern robuste Bühnen leistungen Kondensator ...png
    245 KB · Views: 0
Now you say it's more of a K47 type...what's the truth?

Quite the contrary - my intention was to highlight that @ArthurPinto had (i thought) quite clearly mentioned he's looking for K47-type capsule, while the edge-terminated one indicated by @Emmathom is anything but that.

My apologies for the lack of clarity though...

Which of the two capsules do you favor for a U47 type? The pseudo Ck12 or this one?

If some measurements of @kingkorg are anything to go by, those edge-terminated capsules actually have a pretty smooth rise from the mids to some ~14k and a rounded-off presence peak. I think that should be easily flatten-able with a couple dB of high-shelf attenuation (note: NOT low-passing).

Quite the contrary - my intention was to highlight that @ArthurPinto had (i thought) quite clearly mentioned he's looking for K47-type capsule, while the edge-terminated one indicated by @Emmathom is anything but that.

My apologies for the lack of clarity though...
No worries, I'm just trying to follow the discussion. :cool: Then (almost) everything is right in my head again.;)

What are your experiences with the two types of capsule? I have the Pseudo Ck12 here and I have already tried it briefly. I found this capsule to be rather bright and modern (compared to an M7), certainly not bad. I'll have to test it a bit more to get a final picture.

I would be interested to hear how the Chinese K47 variant sounds in comparison.

BTW did some of you test this 45€ BAIFEILI caps. supposed to be in a K87 style ? I've read tha BAIFEILI build "great" caps...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvGnwlZ
I have 3 of these capsules pulled from other BaiFei Li mics and they were much better than I thought they would be. You can hear them HERE in the last 3 mics in this comparison:

The first two mics shown have 797 audio capsules.

I have 3 of these capsules pulled from other BaiFei Li mics and they were much better than I thought they would be. You can hear them HERE in the last 3 mics in this comparison:

The first two mics shown have 797 audio capsules.
Didn't expect seeing you here, Mark! Do you know if BFL will eventually sell the V5 K-47 style capsule? Last year when I saw them listing the U87 and U81L I thought they would sell the V47 too.

Have you ever tried one of the RK-47 crappysules from Ali? I guess they're from TZT. I want to wait for the 77jc K-47 to be available again, but I guess we'll never know if they will, as chinese sellers don't answer questions well lol.

Most of the ones I saw just look the same and I don't know much about them. The only two different that I could find is THIS ONE and THIS OTHER ONE

I know you said that most of the ones from Ali could be factory rejects and they have a problem in consistency, but did you buy any of these K-47 ones that sounded ok? As it's my first mod, I'm willing to risk $20 for one and hope being lucky with QC.

BTW: Do you know where JLI got their RK-47? Couldn't find at 797's and AYM's websites.

Last edited:
Back