First Post!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pariah Zero

GDIY Supporter
Hello, everybody! I'm glad I found this place!

I'm a Computer Engineer (Mostly like an Electrical Engineer, but did digital circuits instead of antennas), and wound up doing software.

I've had various reasons to become more interested in Microphones (Work from Home, hobbies, etc.), and have decided I'd like to try building a microphone (or few). I've seen a few instructables that seem interesting, though I'm pretty open to suggestion - at this point I'm far more interested in getting started / el cheapie "fun" than trying to make something incredible.

I've seen some fun looking ribbon mics on YouTube that seem workable as well.

Welcome on board - you'll soon find that it's quite a deep rabbit hole you've dived into :)

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you look into the "meta" for that area - e.g. New Microphone Meta

Have fun!

/Jakob E.
Question: After looking at the microphone meta -- do any of the links work? Most of the links within GroupDIY.com seem to be from an older/different version of the forum software, and don't appear to work anymore.

yeah, there's quite some non-working links - some of this material is from many years ago - and internet changed quite a bit

For forum links that won't load, try the search engine: Everything SHOULD be here still, just not always organized in same system..

/Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back