Good vibes competition - winners announced - check page 4

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly i got stung by Aardman to the sum of 220 quids worth, but the good news is this was the only time i've had a bad experience buying stuff in this place!

(Edit) Sorry TV i did'nt see 17 taken. Ok, new number eh.......8!

got tore by the guy selling soldering stations but visa got me covered.
only loss in many transactions was $50 to 'sonic screwdriver' (hinson)

was a good lesson--don't go through ppal dispute process--go directly to your bank/ccard

Ruari, you are an amazing dude.

Thanks for giving me occasion to reflect on how nice this forum is. I've gotten nothing but good help, good prices, good information, and friendship here. I'm very grateful for this community.

dfer said:
Sadly i got stung by Aardman to the sum of 220 quids worth, but the good news is this was the only time i've had a bad experience buying stuff in this place!

Hey, your num. is already taken..

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40407.msg500635#msg500635
( hidden in song name: ... sexy and 17 )

So the rules are to "tell the story"?
I am not going to do that - once I was promised to get some goods at a chrismas giveaway here and havent' received them (a couple of AD844s).

I'm not going to tell who was it, so I'm going out of this.

No ruair said not to worry about the story
don't need a blaming thread

maybe we could turn it into an open giveaway thread
i have a few things too good to throw out but not maybe worth
postage on their own

tv said:
So the rules are to "tell the story"?
I am not going to do that - once I was promised to get some goods at a chrismas giveaway here and havent' received them (a couple of AD844s).

I'm not going to tell who was it, so I'm going out of this.

As Greg said no need for the story.  The whole point is good vibes.  The scams are very rare in relation to the many sales that happen on the BM, let's focus on the good stuff.  All I wanna do is give something away and spread some positive thinking.

It seems we have very few entries so maybe we'll need to change the rules to make sure we have a winner.  Either way somebody's gonna be building a nice 1176!

Cheers,
Ruairi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ana6B2ip6kI

good vibes with Mulletron

Hi Ruairi,

whilst it doesn't help with your giveaway, I am much heartened by the lack of elligable entrants!

yay!

ANdyP - I'll get back onto our thing when i can

strangeandbouncy said:
Hi Ruairi,

whilst it doesn't help with your giveaway, I am much heartened by the lack of elligable entrants!

yay!

ANdyP - I'll get back onto our thing when i can

Hey Andy,

Me too!  I think it says a lot :)

No worries on the project, I can report that I have been to Maplin's too  ;)

Cheers,
Ruairi

While there was no ripoff involved, this thread got me to remembering  all the promised Allison/Valley People parts that never materialized.  I volunteered to coordinate US distribution, never heard back, & eventually the whole thread drifted off into the land of forgottendom. 
(Pretty much all my exchanges of goods and/or monies here have been rather positive, so I  have no good ripoff stories to offer up.)

hodad said:
While there was no ripoff involved, this thread got me to remembering  all the promised Allison/Valley People parts that never materialized.  I volunteered to coordinate US distribution, never heard back, & eventually the whole thread drifted off into the land of forgottendom. 
(Pretty much all my exchanges of goods and/or monies here have been rather positive, so I  have no good ripoff stories to offer up.)

I think there was a lot of good intentions there that may have become impossible to fulfill for one reason or another.  Let's keep it positive eh?

I've had the most incredible generosity and patience shown to me by people here, I've learned so much.

Cheers,
Ruairi

ruairioflaherty said:
I think there was a lot of good intentions there that may have become impossible to fulfill for one reason or another.  Let's keep it positive eh?

I've had the most incredible generosity and patience shown to me by people here, I've learned so much.

Agreed on the Valley thing--and it's not like they were going to charge for the stuff anyway.

I am constantly amazed at the generosity  here & at other DIY joints.  People who don't know me from a sack of rocks going out of their way to offer me assistance--though I don't have as much to offer as most around here, their example encourages me to assist others when I can.

Hi, I sent $ to Aardman and never got my goods.I could use the parts to build a nice 1176 as I can't afford anything right now..I pick the number #22
Good luck to all!

I bought two dead output transformers.... had a really quiet noise floor!! Really Really quiet...

sweet sixteen    16    16    16    16    16

Mac

Hi all,

Well it's been a week so time I figured I'd better check in, here are the entries -

OKGB 14
Davo 9
Bruno2000 13
Dfer 8
Shabtek - didn't give a real number but enters the draw
Lotus 22
Mac 16

Unfortunately nobody picked the winning number (I had to check my PM to Keef, couldn't remember what I'd picked).  I choose a number between 1 and 25 because I figured I'd have about 25 entrants.  As Mr Strangeandbouncy says the lack of entriesis a good sign....

So what to do?  Here's my suggestion - let's leave the thread open for another week to get in any late entries, I know Hinson burnt a few more folks just from threads on here.  This day next week we'll draw a name from a hat (gotta figure out how).  Sound fair?  Everyone above will be entered as will any latecomers, no more need for numbers otherwise we could be waiting ages for a winner.

Any thoughts let me know otherwise let the good vibes roll. On the subject of good vibes I've been a working recording engineer for 16 years and today I recorded and helped produce the best single piece of work of my entire career, I was overcome with emotion on playback at the end of the day - how often does that happen?!  A real privilege, just like being a member here.

Take care all,
Ruairi

Ruari,

Don't forget to pull a second number for the runner up prize. At the moment there's a 2 in 7 chance of grabbing something.  :)

2ndprize.jpg

On the subject of good vibes I've been a working recording engineer for 16 years and today I recorded and helped produce the best single piece of work of my entire career, I was overcome with emotion on playback at the end of the day - how often does that happen?!  A real privilege, just like being a member here.

Well maybe that's the DIY  karma coming back around. 

;)

Latest posts

Back