Good vibes competition - winners announced - check page 4

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been scammed here once, but it's a small to pay for all I've learned, and how well everyone else I've dealt with treated me, even throwing in a freebie here and there.  No number needed ;)

Oh I can feel the excitement building... All the little lab children waking up on Christmas day, feeling the magic in the air!  :p

Sorry all, came down with a cold yesterday evening and crashed out early.  Just surfacing now, will be back to do the draw within a few hours.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Hey what happens if i get scamed on this one by not winning ?

Also if anyone is traveling through Canada [ Winnipeg , the Center ! ]
Call i'll try to accomedate you

Hi all,

So sorry for the delay, I've been on my ass with a cold/flu.  I racked my brains to think of a way to do the draw that would demonstrate impartiality but I couldn't come up with an answer.  In the end you'll all just have to trust me that all of the names went into a cereal bowl and I picked the 3 winners blind!  As it happened no one ever did guess the number so I'm glad we switched to a raffle.

Drum roll please.....

And the winners are

1st place
Bruno2000

2nd place
Dfer

3rd place
Lotus

I'll send a PM now to all 3 to coordinate the shipping of your prizes.  What are the prizes again you say?

1st place - Tasty Rev D 1176 "kit" including
- Mnats Rev D pcb set (actually gifted to me by the very cool M.Natsume a few years back - thanks!)
- Original Modutec VU meter and bezel
- Original UTC O-12 input transformer (NOS)
- Rev D 600 ohm input attenuator - the type sold by Hairball (the brand escapes me now)
- Ptown front panel - Donated by the wonderful Ptown

2nd prize
- 1176 Revision J board set - donated by badass Zebra50
- with input (Lundahl) and output (OEP) trannies / oddball diodes - again from Zebra50
- Ptown front panel  - Again donated by the wonderful Ptown

3rd prize
Expat Audio switch controller, IC, switches, relays and your choice of mic pre front end, or relay cards - Donated by the handsome but homeless Rochey, cheers fella

So as alluded to by The Strangeandbouncy one earlier we have indeed learned that very few people have been scammed here and hopefully everyone can see that the good outweigh the bad by a huge margin.

Rock on guys and thank you all for everything you have taught me over the last number of years.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Hi again,

PMs sent to Bruno and Lotus, Dfer - your inbox is full.  Send me your address.

Big thanks to Ptownkid, Zebra50 and Rochey for stepping up with great prizes! 

Cheers,,
Ruairi

zebra50 said:
Awesome stuff.

This bits at my end are all boxed up and ready to go - I just need an address.

OK!

Nice one Stewart!  Hopefully Dfer will check in soon.  I actually sold him a drum machine a few years back but the address may have changed.

Thanks again for the donation.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Thanks to Ruari for putting out the good vibes.This forum is full of kind, thoughtful and extremely talented individuals and for that I am grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.A big thanks to those who donated to this contest and Rochey those boards of yours look very cool.I will put them to good use and I encourage everyone to check out your store.  Cheers :)    Eric

Latest posts

Back