GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
livingnote said:
Btw, what's up with the 10K from the VCA in to V-? I assume that the 3.9k biases, and the 10K gets removed according to THAT, replacing the 3.9k with a 5.1k, but...what does the 10K do?

If you want to dig around, "THAT design note 137" has the info.

Some discussion about it here http://homepage.mac.com/marten.thielges/gssl/calibration.html

This made me wonder,
couldn't I for those exact same reasons remove the 10K resistor between the pins 3 & 5 in the sidechain VCA as well? Then replace the 3.9Kwith a 5.1K, too?

Additionally, isn't 47R on pin4 unnecessary on THAT2180?

Hey guys,

I'm starting my GSSL soon (pcbs already ordered) and have 3 questions:
- Adding the supersidechain board and the turbo board, how much power should my toroid have? Is 2x15Vx1A enough?
- Is it possible to get a SSC and TurboBoard partslist anywhere? And it's also hard to find a right and actual version of both of the SSC and TurboBoard schematics, maybe you could help me by serving links or similar help.
- The SSC is adding a rotary switch to the panel and the TurboBoard just a on/off switch, right?

Thank you very much!

Well, if you are going to use the turbo board then you will need 2 SSC boards(one for each channel)

For the Power Transformer 1 to 1.6 would be good but if you wanted to be sure you could get one of these

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=TE62073-ND

Total overkill!

Here is the Turbo board information
http://www.expataudio.com/diy/Turbo/TurboInstallationManual.pdf

you can also buy full kits from here
http://diypartssupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=2&zenid=7s39q7fm5ar28g9lnrnd4gdu50

SSC info just take 30min going through the SSL META

if using a turbo board you will have to have a dual deck switch for the SSC boards(if I'm wrong someone correct me)

-Casey

or not. You can wire the turbo to be "on" all the time if you want by eliminating the switch. I have three units, and one is a dedicated turbo. If you want both flavors in one unit, use a switch.

signalflow said:
Well, if you are going to use the turbo board then you will need 2 SSC boards(one for each channel)

Oh, I understand. So one SSC for "normal" mode and one for "turbo" mode, is that what you mean with "each channel"? Isn't there a possibility to route both channels to one SSC?
Thanks for all the information!!

osterchrisi said:
signalflow said:

Oh, I understand. So one SSC for "normal" mode and one for "turbo" mode, is that what you mean with "each channel"? Isn't there a possibility to route both channels to one SSC?
Thanks for all the information!!

Not really, the turbo board's purpose is to add another sidechain to the unit so each channel ( Left & Right ) has their own dedicated Sidechain.  Adding in 2 SSC boards doesn't necessarily mean one gets used for normal the other used for turbo. 

So, basiclly when your in normal mode only one SSC board is in use.  But when switched to turbo mode both boards are used at the same time, hence the use of a dual deck switch for the SSC control.

-Casey

Just placed some orders for parts, and I'm stuck on digikey number AN79L12-ND!!!
It's apparently obsolete and there is NO replacement!  The other regulators are available, except for that one.

other than that, things are going well with my first gssl!!!  Thanks for all the help from various peeps from the board.

signalflow said:
So, basiclly when your in normal mode only one SSC board is in use.  But when switched to turbo mode both boards are used at the same time, hence the use of a dual deck switch for the SSC control.

Sorry to ask again, but is it possible to make the following happen:
A GSSL running in "normal" mode with a sscboard running in the sidechain as it should (switchable from "off" over "external" to all the possible frequencies). As soon as on would turn on the turbo mode, the ssc is not available anymore (skipped) but turbo mode is running without any further additions? How would one wire this?

thx

Hi evrey one,

osterchrisi if that can help you it's link for turbo gsssl with lorlin switch

http://frenchconnexion.1fr1.net/projets-f1/option-pour-gssl-turbo-oxford-mode-expat-audio-t7.htm

anyway, i need some help for one of my gssl, all is right but just when i compress the sound becomes saturated
i work on it for 3 days for find what do this .
the link on the control board is ok

Using behringer VU meter...

I bought a VU from diypartssupply.com,  it has 4 conectors, but I don't know which is the led or the meter...

Anybody knows?

I was wondering about it too...
The first thing I thought was to use the same place as the power led, but didn't do it yet...

Finished the electronical part today, I made a mistake... inverted a 22uf capacitor on the power supply stage, it somoked.

Replaced it and turn it on again, only got -15v... , less than 1v on the +15v jumper. tested the 7815: very low voltage again, tomorrow I'll replace this regulator and see what happens...

PS: did not stuffed the chips yet

Latest posts

Back