Gyraf G7 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-ES

I'am in the process of building a G7 Mic and have to order
a Capsule as all other parts are getting ready.

The Campbell Transmitter's CT12 is out, because I tried 3 times
to buy one or be put on the waiting list and never got a response.  :mad:
So I have to think that he does not want my money  and I will
buy another one as I can't wait any longer.

so what else would be a good solution ?

I'am willing to spend up to 500 Eur and prefer a
high quality solution. (I want to buy just one time
and stay with the capsule)

Peluso CEK 12 ? Is it good and worth importing from USA ?

AKG CK12 Nylon Version (maybe they sell me one as I'am from Austria) ?

putting more money up and hunting for a real AKG
brass CK12 ? Is their age a Problem ?

other solutions ?

regards
Nick

Man,

Almost every member in the forum wants a capsule from Tim. Not counting his corporate endeavors. I will recommend that you try to get in his list and in the meantime you source a low cost capsule.

If you *really* cannot wait try to source other capsules, like the HK12 from tskguy or the one from Veronica (from AUS)

Well as I said before the Campell Version is out for me
as my e-mails did not get responded.

The BeesNeez capsule looks interesting. How is it compared to
the new nylon CK12 from AKG. Anyone tested it ?

Are there any good  European options as the shipping, Vat and customs
for the BeesNeez capsule to Europe will surely be high ??

On Jakobs G7 page he mentions the German Company MBHO
What exact capsule would I have to order from them ?
Anyone tested a capsule from MBHO ?

Hi,

some time ago, i read a threat that said, "DIY is although a king a patience".
I got Tim capsules without any problems!!!!

It just takes some time!!!
As everybody here knew... good work will...

It's not fair to pop in here and think every member is just waiting for you... sorry!!

My 2Ct!

ROCK-ON!

Dr_J said:
Hi,

some time ago, i read a threat that said, "DIY is although a king a patience".
I got Tim capsules without any problems!!!!

It just takes some time!!!
As everybody here knew... good work will...

It's not fair to pop in here and think every member is just waiting for you... sorry!!

My 2Ct!

ROCK-ON!

Well DR_J I think you have not understood what I wrote.
My problem is not patience or waiting !!
I got all the parts for the mic over the last year and also tried to be put on the waiting list
to buy the capsule more than one time, but till now I never got a response to my e-mails.
So how many years more do you think I have to wait to be fortunate to get a response.

For this reason I wrote OTHER OPTIONS than this capsule and do not know
why everybody wants to tell me to wait.

I was lucky enough to get Tim C capsule its not my best sounding capsule but great value how about neaumann capsule from sennheiser K49 K47fet K103

Well I finally I ordered the new Beesneez CK12.

I hope it's worth the price and importing it from Australia.

will let all know what I think when I finish the Mic

thanks to all for your help

Dear Nick,
did you buy the historically correct version, or the physically correct ?
i'm very curious about your feelings, also.

cheers
Fred

I have both the Beesneez and Tim's capsule and I recently compared them side by side. They both sound great--very similar. In a blinded test I doubt that I could tell them apart. You can't go wrong with either!

scott_humphrey said:
I have both the Beesneez and Tim's capsule and I recently compared them side by side. They both sound great--very similar. In a blinded test I doubt that I could tell them apart. You can't go wrong with either!

Which Beesneez capsule do you have the CK12 or the K12?

Cheers

micaddict said:
Anyone care to explain the exact differences between the two Beesneez versions?

Henk

Both the K12 and the CK12 are multi-chambered versions, but they are engineered differently. From the pictures the drill pattern in the K12 is different from the CK12 and the K12 seems to have bridged backplanes. I would say that the K12 is a modern (and easier to build) take on the design and sound of AKG's CK12... While the CK12 is a carbon copy of the original but built using modern technology.

I ordered a CK12 about a week and a half ago, and I am looking forward to receive it. I am also very interested on getting a K12, but it does not seem like it is available anymore in their website... a pity :(

I almost got it right :) this is what Veronica herself says about it. I have to be a bit a bit skeptical though, I find it difficult to accept that a single backplane design could get the same bass response as a dual backplane. I would love to have Ben commenting about it

Veronica Sneesby said:
Melodeath00 said:
Awesome! Care to comment on how exactly the K12 and new CK-12 differ? I guess physically and sonically?
The end result is very similar but the K12 is a multi-chambered single back plate design and the CK12 is a multi-chambered dual back plate design. All internal measurements are identical, however, the K12 has a different drill pattern in the face of the back plate. Sonically they are the same, however some prefer a historically accurate version. The reason that we made the K12 different is that we enjoy using modern manufacturing techniques and technology in our products, so we gave the K12 a Beesneez flare.

Latest posts

Back