Gyraf G7 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there.  Just to clarify; the K12 and the CK12 share the same chambered design.  The K12 has all of the parts ground and pressed into a single backplate structure that once assembled can never be altered.  I really like this design but it is only useful in a 3 wire capsule.  The face patterning is different but the same amount of holes is still present.  The CK12 is as the original and can be used in a 4 hole config.

Cheers

Ben

dmnieto said:
I almost got it right :) this is what Veronica herself says about it. I have to be a bit a bit skeptical though, I find it difficult to accept that a single backplane design could get the same bass response as a dual backplane. I would love to have Ben commenting about it

Veronica Sneesby said:
Melodeath00 said:
Awesome! Care to comment on how exactly the K12 and new CK-12 differ? I guess physically and sonically?
The end result is very similar but the K12 is a multi-chambered single back plate design and the CK12 is a multi-chambered dual back plate design. All internal measurements are identical, however, the K12 has a different drill pattern in the face of the back plate. Sonically they are the same, however some prefer a historically accurate version. The reason that we made the K12 different is that we enjoy using modern manufacturing techniques and technology in our products, so we gave the K12 a Beesneez flare.

mics said:
hi there.  Just to clarify; the K12 and the CK12 share the same chambered design.  The K12 has all of the parts ground and pressed into a single backplate structure that once assembled can never be altered.  I really like this design but it is only useful in a 3 wire capsule.  The face patterning is different but the same amount of holes is still present.  The CK12 is as the original and can be used in a 4 hole config.

Cheers

Ben

dmnieto said:
I almost got it right :) this is what Veronica herself says about it. I have to be a bit a bit skeptical though, I find it difficult to accept that a single backplane design could get the same bass response as a dual backplane. I would love to have Ben commenting about it

Veronica Sneesby said:
Melodeath00 said:
Awesome! Care to comment on how exactly the K12 and new CK-12 differ? I guess physically and sonically?
The end result is very similar but the K12 is a multi-chambered single back plate design and the CK12 is a multi-chambered dual back plate design. All internal measurements are identical, however, the K12 has a different drill pattern in the face of the back plate. Sonically they are the same, however some prefer a historically accurate version. The reason that we made the K12 different is that we enjoy using modern manufacturing techniques and technology in our products, so we gave the K12 a Beesneez flare.

do you still offer the K12? In your webpage is nowhere to be found.

Latest posts

Back