handmade mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamwizard

Hello,It's been years since I have been on this site.. I wanted to share this cool mixer that I picked up a while back.8 ch. 8 buss and stereo buss.I have been working on it and adding to it.It was a metal frame with the micpre channels that had a motherboard running through the middle of the channels soldered fast, so I separated the motherboard so the preamps are now modular and I just need to wire them up. I was going to post this for sale unfinished but the site won't let me list it in the black market because it's been many years since I have been on here and posted anything. I bought this mixer to try and finish it up to sell it later with my limited electronics knowledge : ) .The console still needs wired up inside. I bought 8 killer Telefunken huge NFLU-325 output transformers for the eight buss outs and Electrodyne LA-1600 pair for the stereo buss.I found these small quad eight style ca-27 boards for the eight buss outs that still need populated.A friend tested one of the mixer modules and had it working.He said the eq sounded nice,I don't have a test bench with a power supply here but I bought a good condition Soundcraft power supply with a bunch of different voltages to power the console.I built wood sides and meter hood and did an armrest. I track with Electrodyne 712L micpre/eq channels and don't need this mixer for my studio because I only record myself anymore.I thought it was a cool mixer with the nine band inductor eq's after owning some Sphere 900 eq's years ago and the Electrodyne 712L. I think this should sound wonderful when it's all put together and working.The picture shows the mixer and eight Telefunken output transformers and a pair of Electrodyne LA-1600's.other pic shows the inductors which there are nine of. It was tested with +/- 15 v. There was no schematics with this mixer but it's transistor and a Reichenbach input transformer on every ch...

Attachments

• DSCN4604.JPG
    DSCN4604.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 1
  • DSCN4742.JPG
    DSCN4742.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4623.JPG
    DSCN4623.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4746.JPG
    DSCN4746.JPG