Has anyone had contact with Thiersch in past few months?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeptic12

GDIY Supporter
I have a few capsules in with them since last summer and am not receiving responses anymore. Very unlike them!
is there any news regarding the company and/or Sigfried?

I've been trying to buy capsules since last October - last email I received was in December - explaining that they are overloaded and would not be able to deliver until 2023.

Here is apparently some contact information.
The infor from Thiersch

"Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. The STW7 red will be manufactured by Rico Vetterlein, our son-in-law and long-time employee, in his own company from 2023.
You are welcome to place your order at [email protected]. Thank you for your inquiry."

Thanks! The last few emails have been with Rico but nothing for months. I used to correspond with Jessica, Rico's wife. I'll try that new contact

Been wondering about them lately. I was looking for someone to reskin an M7 capsule, but so far, it's about the same price to just buy a new one.

In September 2023, a colleague of mine was concerned because after three weeks he had not heard anything from Thiersch about a microphone capsule that needed to be reskinned. After telephone contact, he received the answer: "I hope to have it ready at the beginning of the year."
Keep in mind that Thiersch is mainly a one-man company. (And now with the help of his son in law.)

Last edited:
In September 2023, a colleague of mine was concerned because after three weeks he had not heard anything from Thiersch about a microphone capsule that needed to be rekindled. After telephone contact, he received the answer: "I hope to have it ready at the beginning of the year."
Keep in mind that Thiersch is mainly a one-man company. (And now with the help of his son in law.)
Thanks Ruud

I think all is good now - maybe in september they where in a transitional move. Rico said 2-3 weeks to me.

I have a bunch of microphones and for a check up and overhaul with Thiersch. My package arrived at Thiersch's workshop in March 2023, so it has been with the company for a little over a year. I called up at the beginning of February, after not getting a reply to my emails. They said they would hope to have the microphones finished by the end of February, but so far I haven't heard back from them. He mentioned they are chronically overworked and have too much to do, that's why things are slow. He also mentioned it is only the two of them - him and his wife - that are currently working there (or maybe I misunderstood - either way). So bear with them, and maybe turn to other workshops for urgent repairs, particularly if they don't involve reskinning.

Latest posts

Back