Hey, Svart! Big switcher needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> anomalous fault condition

It was a different world when the older Fenders, Gibsons, Kays et al were made. Today we would consider a hot-chassis a fault; back then it was accepted. Guitar-amps were usually "isolated" from user-jack to power line with a couple hundred K resistor and/or a few-tenths-uFd cap. But some strange things were built, and stranger things have happened in four decades of "repairs".

I don't see a universal answer, except a smart analyzer which studies the amp as-is and configures the power pins for user-safety with minimal buzz. Short of hard work like that, I say make it look just like a good outlet in Fullerton Calif 1959.

. . . . actually, I'm having a hard time establishing when 3-hole groundING receptacles first came into use. My older books show only 2-pin receptacles on 15 Amp circuits, with 20A groundING used only for fixed equipment. Later books show 15 A circuits falling out of favor, since so many circuits were now requred to be 20A (2 in pantry, 1 in laundry, etc). But I have a gap in the 1960s, and I sure won't fill it from memory.

I think we have various power supplies in the ofice, up to 350W. They are switching power supplies for usage with radio/audio apliances.
Drop me a private message with demand and i will see what i can do or find for you.

Back