hijack: Carol Vorderman!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="MartyMart"]Not wishing to "out do" you all but this is a true story, the singer in my Band.

Beat that !!

MM.[/quote]

There's nothing to beat, after all you didn't do it yourself !!

After all everyone's got a story about who their friend met !! :wink:

i woke up one morning with a massive hangover outside a church, took me an hour to find out i was in Bolton about 200 miles from where i lived the day before to hear a freindly voice say

'Hello Iain, what you doing up here?'

i was sharing a house with her brother the day before, and she was in town for a days shopping before going back to manchester.

OT i know, but if her brother had done anything famous it woudn't be....

i'll get me coat

How are you guys posting pictures in this thread (i.e where do you post them to ?).
I was going to up some images of Konnie Huq and Kelly Brook that I just happened to have hanging around my desktop..... honest!

320px-SMirC-dunno.svg.png

dunno :green:

[quote author="barclaycon"]How are you guys posting pictures in this thread (i.e where do you post them to ?).
I was going to up some images of Konnie Huq and Kelly Brook that I just happened to have hanging around my desktop..... honest![/quote]

Martyn,

You have to host the pics somewhere, & then use the URL to the link.

> How are you guys posting pictures in this thread (i.e where do you post them to ?).

http://tinypic.com/ is quick, convenient, responsive.

[quote author="PRR"]quick, convenient, responsive.[/quote]
...Everything that I'm not, in fact! :wink:

So you upload the picture to your chosen place, then do either one of two things:

You either type [-img-] (minus the dashes... which I inserted to make it visible) then paste in your image direct url... -for example:
http://img.ssltech.com/piccies/soldering-iron-burning-through-my-foot.jpg
then type [-/img-] -again, minus the two dashes.

If you don't want the "img" typing hassle, just click the "Img" box up there by the top right corner of the 'compose message' window, which will type it for you... It will then add an asterisk to its own image, to remind you that you need to close it after pasting/typing the image address.

There you go... -Hey, isn't this in an FAQ somewhere?

Keith

[quote author="Consul"]I'm quite partial to Konnie Huq myself.[/quote]

My friend tried to pull Konnie in our work bar after work. Unfortunately, he didn't realise who she was and proceeded to go on about how he was a broadcast engineer here before asking what she did.

"Oh, Blue Peter... So what do you do?"

"Err... I'm one of the presenters."

"Oh!"

Yeah.

That's right.

Your.... "friend" ...must've felt like a right pillock.

But not to worry, I'm sure that you'll get... -I mean your friend will get over it soon enough.

Funnily enough, I recently received an email from a cousin if mine who worked at Pebble Mill until recently, about how some fool named "rod" tried to...

oh...

never mind...

:oops:

geography not a strong point sir? b/peter - broadcasting house type place pebble mill birmingham (the real one not the Alabama three one) about 98.3 miles between them :wink:

It was a friend! Honest. I have done far worse things than that, but I'm sure any idiot could recognise Konnie. Even whilst wearing beer goggles.

On the subject of Vorderman, I think people get excited because she's a bit of a sleeper. Certainly not a go-to. :razz:

[quote author="lofi"]geography not a strong point sir? b/peter - broadcasting house type place pebble mill birmingham (the real one not the Alabama three one) about 98.3 miles between them :wink:[/quote]
Geography fine sir. -Note that I said "until recently". -He was transferred. Spends some of his time at Wood Lane nowadays, I think.

Spelling not a strong point sir? -I always thought that "Birmingham" deserves its capital letter... even if it is "down sout" as they say in Liverpool!

:twisted: :wink: :green:

...And also Pebble Mill has been closed for a while now, hasn't it? -If not, they'll probably be a bit annoyed, because neilsk and I are going to make a service call on an SSL which was pulled out of one of their rooms...

Keith

Pah!!!

Melissa Theurieau.

20051016_MelissaTheuriau_f.jpg

She could read the PHONE BOOK to me and it'd sound like poetry!

-She just probably couldn't work out the square root of seventeen in her head quite as fast as Carol... :wink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JPPiLfWKjQE

Top that.

C'est pas possible!!!

Keef

Ang on, ang on. I thought this was a thread about smart wimmin.
If we're just putting up failed actors and telly totty, then I give you the very tasty Kirsty Gallacher.

Kirsty.jpg

[quote author="SSLtech"]Pah!!!

Melissa Theurieau.

20051016_MelissaTheuriau_f.jpg

She could read the PHONE BOOK to me and it'd sound like poetry!

-She just probably couldn't work out the square root of seventeen in her head quite as fast as Carol... :wink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JPPiLfWKjQE

Top that.

C'est pas possible!!!

Keef[/quote]

My God! Are we sure she isn't computer generated? Good gracious!

Back