Igor's high quality projects. Store closed, stuff shipped. A crazy idea - pg83.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sonicwarrior said:
@ruckus328 & Igor: Can't you settle this matter in private (PM, Email)?  ::)

Obviously not...Igor keeps stirring the pot because he thinks an updated gssl is somehow his own personal intellectual property.

Ptownkid said:
sonicwarrior said:
@ruckus328 & Igor: Can't you settle this matter in private (PM, Email)?  ::)

Obviously not...Igor keeps stirring the pot because he thinks an updated gssl is somehow his own personal intellectual property.

In France we say : "throw oil on the fire" ...
Bouuuhhhh!!!

I understand what you mean, someone that sells kits for a party have a neutral and impartial advice.

it's only a business iintellectual problem , and like you sell kit for one you go where the money call.

I'm not entirely sure what your post means...but my stance on this has nothing to do with supporting Ruckus or selling kits. I think both projects are great...I'm just sick of seeing Igor take shots at another member for no reason.

I think both projects are great...I'm just sick of seeing Igor take shots at another member

Me too but i think he have his personnal reason and there is so much war in this forum for peace of money integrity; and diy spirit , for me the good spirit is try to calm tension and understand everyone.

People, please, leave this shit. Calm and peace.

Otherwise, the final scene from "Jay And Silent Bob Strikes Again" will take a place in real life :)

In case somebody wants to spend a time on politics instead of DIY:
Check the thread's appearance timing; who is who; make your own opinion; keep the peace and DIY rocks.

This time is better to spend on reading Horowitz And Hill. More fun, more adventures, more useful.

I understand what you mean, someone that sells kits for a party have a neutral and impartial advice.

it's only a business iintellectual problem , and like you sell kit for one you go where the money call.

Thanx for writing this. I thought this was my only point of viewing the things ;)

Regarding RESPECT. Somehow I felt myself inside a nightmare when I have to watch Ali G show
24/7 but this not causing me laugh anymore.

With respect to all forum members: I not started this "war".

Igor said:
With respect to all forum members: I not started this "war".

But you did start it. You started harassing ruckus. There is absolutely no hiding that fact.

You somehow think ruckus designed his new GSSL layout just to spite you. He actually did it for fun, hasn't a profit to make. Because making layouts is fun.

Timing has nothing to do with it, no matter how many times you try to point it out. The fact you think ruckus had ill intentions tells us all we need to know about your ego. You have been harassing ruckus ever since he started. Just could not let it be. Your bloated ego will not let it go.

You have an obvious profit to make from your own layouts, but the SSL design isn't yours. If someone else wants to muck around with it, there is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

Ever since the first post you made on this topic you have nothing been but an ass about it. You keep harrassing, but all that amounts to is that people see you in a different light. You might have already felt the dip in the sales.

ok please stop this hypocrisy continues

He actually did it for fun, hasn't a profit to make
And Bush did the War for the peace!!!

all the guys who sold stock here make profit, more or less, that's why there is a white market.

All the buyers here make profit, because we paid some great projects for very cheap as some parts

give me one mane of menber who's opened society for diy spirit?

Even there is menbers who have two forum name for don't be critique and for the integrity

We need first think about the forum maker and menber who don't want to read all this

if you had problem with Igor - pm him,

if you support ruckus - buy it one or ten boards for his fun,

and if you realy like this forum - put the touch on donnation.

Actualy in this world if you want good quality with help maintnance and other you need to make the price, and if you want cheaper you have less quality and no service.

i'm starting a feeler on blackmarket and i know my opinion could disapoint some guys here but it's reality.

IF you want i started this war, cause i've pointed the ruckus shadow buss to Igor when the ruckus thread was open, saying'"oh will have choice for new ssl clone" at this time igor seen pictures of his  1u unit in this thread and some menbers asked ruckus to do same like Igor;
And now we are here.

Ok Now back to diy spirit please

Killah, you summarized it best IMHO. I think this is what happens when we see the situation from neutral point.

MixBuzz 500 was done for my own fun. I needed it urgently in 500 format.

More than 20 people asked me to re-lay it to 1RU format. I opened the topic;
added some features, it is here, and this was my initial plan.
BTW, I posted all schematics before the Mixbuzz500 was offered as kit,
and way before Ruckus thread appeared. This makes some sense.

As well, there were some PM's with Lukash. He's the person who deserves
GSSL people worship for making full-featured, best IMHO layout in...... Illustaror!!!!
Here, my hat is off.

You started harassing ruckus.

Nope. All I did with MixBuzz500 appeared at his thread.
Remember 1st April trimpot? Ok than. Copy, but with some thinking.

OK than. I am an arrogant bastard selling to people overpriced PCB's
and harassing good guys. Duh! sounds cool ;)

To disappoint people who have this mind.

I don't need kinda Ali-G RESPECT. My satisfaction IS when somebody makes
good music and use unit built by me or done from my kits/pcb's.
This is about support threads and many working units worldwide.
At least, when I die at 80, from heart disease caused by orgasm,
this is the plan, somebody will remember 2254C and great vocal track he/she did with it,
or easy-to-Sontec assembled at 2 days, which worked great at panned acoustic guitars
or main bus.

BTW, I ordering the PCB's and metal works locally, not in China.

The last project allowed me to stop run with repairs or single mastering units
and make some audio was www.innowattech.co.il,
two my friends and me did high efficiency energy harvesting system for this startup.
I not make my living from audio only...but I'd like to, as I addicted to sound.
Have other things to write here, yes, I donate sometimes
money earned from PCB's or kits sales, but this is out of topic.

I don't know and never will play games like politicians. Sorry, I used to talk what i think.
And all this silly game behind new GSSL era just caused me very ugly feel.
Even there is menbers who have two forum name

This is exactly what I thought.

IF you want i started this war, cause i've pointed the ruckus shadow buss to Igor when the ruckus thread was open, at this time igor seen pictures of his  1u unit in this thread and some menbers asked ruckus to do same like Igor;
And now we are here.

Hm...more or less; this is what actually happened; you don't started the war, anyway;
For me it sounded like this: somebody saw Mixbuzz500 thread and want to take the sales for 1RU to his hands. With all absolutely same look new era GSSL's. Without even taking back to original
board compressor the audiopath's gain structure, which is weird in gssl,
if somebody put any attention here.

Now, let's do something with this situation.
I am ready to donate to this forum all profit I do from first 50 PCB's of MixBuzz1.
This will keep this place growing and for sure we will not have gray days when forum's server is down.
Let's keep peace, we have 2 layouts for bus compressor;
for some guys it sounds bad they don't have a GSSL monopoly,
but seems like most of people are fine with this.

Ya know, I try real hard to just ignore you, but you never give up.  Really, this is childish.  But I've grown tired of you slandering me and making false accusations.  I'm not going to stand for it, and you give me no choice but to stand up for myself here.  Let me set some TRUE facts:

1) I joined this forum after being introduced to the world of DIY.

2) I built my first GSSL because the SSL is my all time favorite compressor.  After building I thought "I can fix all these issues", because PCB layout & mechanical design is what I do for a living for 14 years.

3) Beginning of April, Lukas emailed and befriended me, I discussed my plans to redo the GSSL.  Talked politics, how things worked he explained nobody owns it and I'm free to do as I like.

4) Fast forward 1 month - I posted a proposal to redo the design.  At the time I didn't even know who Igor was.

5) Igor begins freaking out because I'm doing a gssl design as well and somehow "copied" him.  ???

6) I PM him, and try to make friends.  Try to discuss things with him and be civil in private.

7) His response (These are his exact words, I copied this right from my outbox): "I'd like to avoid the situation there are 2 versions of PCB's, it means neither you neither me will earn anything here.

8 ) Then Igor makes it a public matter and begins, harrassing me, spamming my thread and claiming I "stole things from him"

9) Then a day or 2 later, he claims he's decided to help.

10) Then a week or so later he starts his crap back up again, and continues to harrass, spam, and disrespect my design thread for 4 months.

11) Now the present, I release my GSSL clone, and Igor's still madder than ever because he thinks he has to beat me and this is some kind of competition, when it is not.

I'm sorry you feel threatened by me Igor, and I'm sorry that we couldn't be colleagues and friends.  And I'm sorry that for whatever reason you think that there is some kind of battle or war here.  There is no war, there is just you being a jerk.

Your accusations are false, uncalled for, and unjustified.  I'm sick of hearing "I stole & copied it from you"  Please explain what I copied???  Please, name 1 thing?  From the looks of it, you stole a few ideas I had, but that's ok.  Do I care?  Of course not.  I had the pleasure of being able to be one of the few people in the world with thier own version of this thing, and I feel very accomplished by that, you should too.  I've spent alot of money I may not ever get back, hundreds of hours, long nights, stressful days, and ya know what?  I'm ok with that.  I learned so much, and made a TON of friends.  Sad that you're not one of them.

If you hadn't spent all the time you spent worrying about what I was doing, just think of what else you could have accomplished.

Just shut up the both of you and at least try to behave like an adult. Let the people on this forum decide with who’s design is the best and what they choose to buy. My vote goes to Igor, because his design holds functions who I see as mandatory.

... but that has been agreed before... then Igor brings it up again.

Igor is being out of line and you cant blame rukus for wanting to defend himself. there is a BIG difference between attacking someone and defending yourself.

I agree its best to put this to bed... lets just see if Igor can actually leave it alone.

Latest posts

Back