Igors PCB's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kazper said:
I would stress less about a pcb that takes a bit... I do understand the frustration of thinking your getting taken. But you may want think about what igor has done for the forum before you think he is trying to pull some jerk move. Alone he has put a nice spin on many designs and put some tasty stuff in each of our hand. Unless your on that level and  match that, then by all means talk ish if not the shut up and wait. Send the man a nice email when your concerned.

I sent the man a few nice emails to both his email addresses, skypes, facebook messages. Not one single reply in four months.

If he is really sick I wish him the best of health

I have been in contact with him for the past 12 months, several times at his home and bought some stuff from him. He is really a great guy to work with, has helped me fix some of my builds.

I regard him as a friend and good man, although lost contact with him as of late. There is something at works here, though I do not believe it is intentional.

Fundamentally he is a good man, although too many folks did not get their stuff. Personally I do not think it is because he is a bad guy.

My tracking working to)
He's a good guy, he helped me many times.

I think he will be back soon, I'll be glad that

I'd say Igor is/was one of the most important contributors to the board. I remember when there weren't many projects that were in kit form and ready to go. Igor did a lot to change that. I'd attribute a lot of the ever expanding membership to his projects.

He obviously has behaved badly enough to piss off some people. To accuse someone who has given so much of himself over so many years to this place of being a scam artist is ridiculous. Ripping off old ladies would be much easier.

Gold said:
I'd say Igor is/was one of the most important contributors to the board. I remember when there weren't many projects that were in kit form and ready to go. Igor did a lot to change that. I'd attribute a lot of the ever expanding membership to his projects.

He obviously has behaved badly enough to piss off some people. To accuse someone who has given so much of himself over so many years to this place of being a scam artist is ridiculous. Ripping off old ladies would be much easier.

Well said. This sums things up perfectly for me.

I note that few, if any, of the people complaining the loudest are long standing members of this group.

rob_gould said:
Gold said:

Well said. This sums things up perfectly for me.

I note that few, if any, of the people complaining the loudest are long standing members of this group.

People just don't understand the background of this place. I don't blame people for getting angry and they should be. But i don't think people understand how long Igors been doing this and how many happy customers hes had over the years like myself

It warms my hart that many would stand for Igor. Something is definitely amiss here beyond his behavior. Its just too bad we are not in the loop and that some feel robbed. Igor has brought a ton to this board and although I am not the most active member I have completed several of his projects. And I have waited way too long for orders but they have always come through. The longest was 8 months. Good luck to you Igor I'm sure you'll make this right at some point.

after waiting .... a few months... Mr postman put in my letter box yesterday (31.08) the PCB I bought the april 20. It's a good thing and those SONTEC PCB are a very nice job. I'm waiting for my second command but it's clear .... the road is long from Israel to France and I have absolutly no informations and no response to my messages.
I wish Igor the best of health and find he make a wonderfull help to all of us on the forum, thank you again to him and ... respect 

Awesome news.... I got my package from Igor just a few minutes ago.

Igor - I'm so sorry I ever doubted you, I always thought that things would come good...

Now, most importantly, I hope that you're managing to overcome your health crisis, and we see you back on the forums soon; I miss your posts, with their wit, intelligence and passion.

Can't wait to start work on one of your babies. Thank you so much, I feel very privileged to have the chance to build these up.

Good health to you Sir.

Best,
Richard.

Igor is the man and its sad to hear about his health. Anyways he's create some amazing pieces of gear! Just look at what he did for the legendary mastering engineer Bob Katz.

kml23956 said:
Package received. They are not red but a black Sontec is better than NO Sontec. :)
Well, maybe he didn't get any stock when you ordered and had to get a new batch ....that would explain why a lot of people are receiving theirs packages only this week (unless customs from different countries are synchronized  ;D....or he's a genius/mad/too busy scientist who's sometimes too lazy to go to the post office....like my bro :D)
Anyway just look at the date stamp to know if it's not israeli postal services fault....( each time I ordered him pcbs I received them within 1 month).

Gold said:

Agreed. Anyone who has dealt with him knows he would never maliciously screw anyone. Also, lets keep things in perspective. It's not like he bilked anyone out of thousands of dollars. If indeed it turns out you guys got burned for $40-50, that sucks but you learned a good lesson about tenuous nature of even the most dedicated members of the DIY manufacturing community. You are dealing with a guy, not a company. I'm not saying he wasn't in it to make a few bucks, but nobody was getting rich on Sontec boards.

Igor put way more work into this community...than was even slightly deserved....or imo, understood or appreciated.

His work = others opportunity.

God bless him. Hope his marriage? is great!  ;D

Back