Impeachment part deux

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madswitcher said:
A view from the outside: 

I think that the elephant in the room for the American future is that it would be folly to think that Trump will not profit from the mistakes he made on the 6th – he will learn by them, be back in greater force in 4 years  time and will be building up his support and arsenal all the way to then.  I doubt if the Republican party will be able to control him and at that point it will be ‘God save us all’.

Mike

He's an old obese choleric man whose diet consists of fast food. Possibly had a stroke already last year. I wouldn't bet on him even making it to 2024. And don't forget all the possible criminal charges, tax and money trouble.

iturnknobs said:
The Senate decided it was. 56-44. That's how our country works. Law and order... or break sh*t because you lost a contest decided by your peers...law and order.. OR NO.

They did decide and by rule of law they didn’t get the minimum number of votes to find him guilty.  We already covered my feelings on the constitutionality of it.

pucho812 said:
They did decide and by rule of law they didn’t get the minimum number of votes to find him guilty.  We already covered my feelings on the constitutionality of it.

And here we are again. Why is there any “feelings” on constitutionally? Now is the time to come together and make some solid, black and white laws, written for all to see, but no one is talking about that! No one wants accountability and political and legal consequences! The game continues and continues to divide us further. Who’s winning? Not almost all of us!

Recording Engineer said:
And here we are again. Why is there any “feelings” on constitutionally? Now is the time to come together and make some solid, black and white laws, written for all to see, but no one is talking about that! No one wants accountability and political and legal consequences! The game continues and continues to divide us further. Who’s winning? Not almost all of us!

Because ultimately the document as written leaves room for interpretation.
But if you wish to interpret it in a way that finds him seeing a charge, fine but others should face the same scrutiny and charges for words they used.
Treat others the same

pucho812 said:
Because ultimately the document as written leaves room for interpretation.
Sure.  And outside of GOP stooge Jonathan Turdley, none of the constitutional experts I know of actually thought that interpreting it in the manner you choose to is at all correct (further, even Turdley didn't used to espouse that interpretation).  Not only that, it flies in the face of precedent as well as common sense.  So, let's see:
1.  There's been at least one federal impeachment that occurred after the person was not in office.  The Senate debated the matter and decided it was constitutional.  There's precedent.
2.  Both state constitutions at the time the US Constitution was written, as well as British law, from which impeachment was drawn, allowed impeachment after the person was no longer in office.
3.  It's absurd to assume that an officeholder's bad behavior in the last weeks of his term is somehow constitutionally excused because an impeachment can't be put together fast enough, or that an officeholder might resign to avoid impeachment in order to run for office again. 

The "constitutional" excuse is for a) conservatives who don't really give a sh!t how Trump behaved but want to pretend there's a "really good" reason not to impeach him; and b) Senators who found his actions appalling but were too cowardly to deal with the backlash of a "guilty" vote. 

Part of a letter sent to Illinois congressman Adam Kinzinger by a few of his family members.  Kinzinger is a Republican who favored impeachent.

Oh my, what a disappointment you are to us and to God! We were once so proud of your accomplishments! Instead, you go against your Christian principals[sic] and join the “devil’s army” (Democrats and the fake news media).

For me, it's eye-opening to see stuff like this (I've seen similar but slightly less extreme stuff on my facebook feed before).  Very revealing.  It's interesting that support of Trump is wrapped up in their religious beliefs to such an extent that those who oppose him politically are viewed as agents of Satan.  And the so-called liberal media are all doing the devil's bidding as well. 

Good to know.

I listen to as much tax exempt bible belt radio as I can stand and they have been regularly pushing some extreme politically motivated ideas. especially in the last year

hodad said:
Oh my, what a disappointment you are to us and to God! We were once so proud of your accomplishments! Instead, you go against your Christian principals[sic] and join the “devil’s army” (Democrats and the fake news media).

hodad said:
Part of a letter sent to Illinois congressman Adam Kinzinger by a few of his family members.  Kinzinger is a Republican who favored impeachent.

For me, it's eye-opening to see stuff like this (I've seen similar but slightly less extreme stuff on my facebook feed before).  Very revealing.  It's interesting that support of Trump is wrapped up in their religious beliefs to such an extent that those who oppose him politically are viewed as agents of Satan.  And the so-called liberal media are all doing the devil's bidding as well. 

Good to know.

shabtek said:
I listen to as much tax exempt bible belt radio as I can stand and they have been regularly pushing some extreme politically motivated ideas. especially in the last year

And from the beginning, in terms of their electoral tactics, it has been a matter of weaponizing certain churches and pastors and really exerting tremendous pressure on them to use churches as instruments of a radical right ideology.

https://billmoyers.com/story/new-podcast-the-shadow-network/#.X9U-beQ_psJ.facebook

Back