Just built an LA-4. Anyone got an original one I can compare with??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I got that one. It's about meter adjustment and stereo tracking. I need one for adjusting the ratio and threshold trimmer in a "virgin" unit.

Thanks! I appreciate your effort! :)

I guess you can set them centered (at least the threshold trimmer), that's how I set the "stereo-adjust" trim in my LA3-A clone.

For the ratio trim I would compare input/output voltage (dbm) with the front panel ratio setting and try to adjust the trimmer accordingly.

Andreas

Yes, I'm almost done. I'm talking to the PCB guy today about making boards and within a few days I'll have a complete BOM, a PDF file with layout and "stuff"... :)

I'm having an "LA-4 diy day" here on the 22nd of january and I'm busy setting all that up.

The boards will be here in under two weeks and I'll have about 35-40 boards for sale of this first batch.

I'll post in the Black Market. Keep an eye out there!

(Danish diy'ers can order through groupdiy.dk)

All in about  one and a half week. I'll need to do a bit of quality assurance before selling them too.

I've sourced parts for one LA-4 and that was $164/€127.
That's including the board itself.

And I've laid it out so that it's very easy and simple to connect the supply on one board to another so adding another board for a dual version makes the second one cheaper. Adding an extra board only adds $116/€89.

I can't really say until the invoice gets here but I believe the boards will be $20/€15 including shipping.

I'll soon have a pdf document uploaded for the project.

Nice one guys, I'm in for a pair Luny - Weird that I was looking up a good "otpo comp" to
do last night, was thinking of the What or Joe Meek  !!

MM.

Back