Looking for fancy 200b knobs!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliani

While I'm refurbishing my 8 channel Soundcraft 200B console, I'm looking for some new fancy knobs!! I've measured the potentiometers, and they are 4mm (.157") D-shaft knobs. I'm looking toward the Digico style knobs. The silver ones, like on a Digico D1/SD10 consoles. I'm fan of anything Digico and have the privilege to work with them on a regular basis!!

So looking for:
4mm shaft knobs like digico, or anything fancy...
http://www.gtaust.com/downloads/digico/image-files/D1_5.jpg

Hey Sahib,

I'm really looking to spice up the console a bit... I'm thinking walnut sidecar silver faders... and those fancy aluminum knobs. I've used google, so I don't need anyone to google this for me, unless they have a secret formulated search string that will get me to a real nice 4mm d-shaft knob...

maybe your knob supplier has them?

so far this is what I get to be closest to what I'm looking for. but it's not black I'm looking for!!

http://www.newark.com/mentor/504-4131/knob-aluminium-setscrew/dp/25M4162

I get mine directly from Taiwan and there is a minimum quantity of 1,000pcs unfortunately. Your other problem is the 4mm shaft.

However,  put self adhesive aluminium foil tape around the shaft to build it up to 6mm. I think I have 100pcs of silver and gold slightly smaller than the ones we used on our modules. I'll post the images tomorrow. They will work quite nicely with 200B.

I have 80 of these. 10mm diameter by 13mm long.  The pointer line is not coloured so you can put any colour you want.

But unfortunately only forty of them are D type. The other forty is knurled.

However, as I mentioned before you will need to build the shafts up to 6mm. The other alternative is to get (as John suggested) new inserts 3D printed. This will work for both the knurled type and the 6mm D as the wall thickness of the insert will be 1mm and is perfectly feasible.

You can have them for GBP 0.50 each plus shipping and paypal. I am about to list some stuff in the BM and I will include these.

Attachments

• 6mm_D_knob.JPG
    6mm_D_knob.JPG
    36.6 KB
Sorry Sahib, but I'm really after those Digico type knobs. They have a close resemblance to the Davies 1900 knobs, just got to find them in an aluminium finish...

Back