Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="okgb"]... i'm only sorry i couldn't
stay longer but the people helping people vibe is inspiring , Thanks Jim
[/quote]

I'm sorry to have missed you Greg ! :wink:

[quote author="3nity"]To Vertiges: I saw you bought 3 T pad for the 1176.....if you ever wanna sell me 1 please i would apreciate!
Thanks[/quote]

I bought 3 T pads for building 3x1176... sorry... :wink:

eD

I know where you can get hammered! :grin: (couldn't resist)

Any Canadian tire should have that.

jim

[quote author="vertiges"]Hi guys,

Do you know a place where I could get hammered paint in Montreal ?

Thanks,

eD[/quote]

[quote author="Bluzzi"]I know where you can get hammered! :grin: (couldn't resist)

Any Canadian tire should have that.

jim
[/quote]

I said "paint" not "pain" ! :grin:

I'll check at Canadian tire... thank you Jim,

eD

So this newfie is moving to Quebec and he knows how Quebeckers think newfies are dumb so he asks his buddy what to do to fit in. His buddy tells him the secret is to swear after every phrase and he'll fit right in.

So he travels all the way, driving, ferry, driving, driving and driving and he's starved so he goes in and goes up to the counter and says:

"I'll have a hamburger en tab$%$%$" and" a side of coli$%^$ frenchfries and an ost$%$ de Coke"
So the guy looks at him funny and says; "are you a newfie?" So he answers back "Yup, how did you know?"
at which clerk replies; "cause this is Canadian Tire"

I hope they have the hammered paint :green:

Andy

Hey guys,

There's something wrong with my GSSL Clone, and it totally goes beyond my skills, please contact me.  Would hire you to fix the problem !

Please read my post in The lab and to see if you are able to give a hand : http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?action=profile;u=38585;sa=showPosts

Oli

I'll pass the message to 3nity. He has done a few fixes for people here. It doesn't sound like too bad a thing so don't worry.

Jim

So, does anyone found a plan for drilling and engraving (in colors) the front faces in Montreal?

Engraving in color? You probably mean silkscreening. That gets expensive in small quantities. You are better off using lazer engraving.
As for the drilling that is going to get expensive as well. Most of us do the drilling ourselves.

Right now I don't have the sources on me so please bug me in a few days and I'll dig them up for you.

Jim

How 514ers,

I'm making myself a Rev D 1176, so it looks like I'm going to be ordering from Mouser AND Digi-key in the next week or so. If anybody wants to combine orders and save a bit on shipping, lemme know....

Matthew

bodegaempire at the gmail point com

Call to all Montreal or around DIY'ers...
I'm trying to buy some Cinemags for Neve stuff...
CMMI-2C and CMOQ-2SG.

I dont know if theres any interest in the island.
If theres some we can put a groupbuy.

CMMI-2xC price is around 60-65$ + shipping
CMOQ-2SG price is around 30$

Honestly i have some friends who have put my 1290 clones with Cinemags VS Vintech stuff and they were blown away by my clones...
On the other hand i wasnt impressed by a fellow member 1290 with Carnhills...so i still stick to Cinemags...

Let me know your interest!

Hey that would be my 1290s! I'll have to challenge your 1290s with Cinemags against my 1290s with Carnhill. My studio is ready. ;D

Jim

Ouch i forgot you read this too man!
No man as i told you i was talking about a client one...
No UFC for me please!

That's why the smiley was there. 3nity, I'll have to buy you a phone battery soon!

Next week lets do some preamp shootout and you can try out my LA2As and borrow one if you like them.

Jim

3nity, I'll have to buy you a phone battery soon!
Oooohh  That one was strong man! you blasted me!!! :eek:

I know i know!

Hey lets fix a date for the Shootout..

Have a nice weekend.....i got to go!

Jorge.

Latest posts

Back