Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="3nity"]Well i dont think you really need to spend all the money on Sifam!
I'm sure there are other options.
http://www.surplussales.com/Meters/MtrVU.html[/quote]

I've already bought from them the big Weston for my GSSL.

The SIFAM AL29LW + illumination kit are around $55 piece.
http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/58-382.aspx

I will use the meter not only for the gain reduction reading but also for monitoring" the input, so I'd like to have true meters and not cheap ones.
(And it's good to have real vu-meters when your work is diffused by Radio Canada :green: )

If you have another "good" alternative, I'm in... :wink:

The costs for each of my 1176 , will be around $ 400-450 including the SIFAM. (I will post my B.O.M. by the way). It's 1/4 the price of the Purple Audio. :thumb:

Vertiges, I think I'm going to upgrade my cheapies to SIFAMs, please put in down for 2 as well. Glad to share some of the importing cost as well and my word is gold.

Now I really got to get the sucker working!!!!

Andy

Hey isnt that compressor working yet?
:green:

Actually i am using some very nice and small International Vu's

They look a lot like the Sifam AL20SQ. but background is white!

400-500$ each is some amount of money!
Actually i'm racking 1 Rev D and 1 Rev J and cost total will be around the 500-550$!

You still doing an order to Mouser? let me know when so we can arrange something!

I dont need any Vu meter at the moment!

[quote author="3nity"]
400-500$ each is some amount of money!
Actually i'm racking 1 Rev D and 1 Rev J and cost total will be around the 500-550$!
[/quote]

Maybe is because the components I use doesn't come from Addison :grin:

Seriously, I imagine you're racking both of your units in the same case, with the same PSU, cheaper VU.
I'm building 2 units : 2 cases, 2 PSU.

[quote author="3nity"]
You still doing an order to Mouser? let me know when so we can arrange something!
[/quote]

I will let you know...

eD

And it's good to have real vu-meters when your work is diffused by Radio Canada

Maybe is because the components I use doesn't come from Addison

Well my components are not from Adisson neither, besides that Adisson prices are not really cheaper than digikey!

But yes you could be right! i used 1 2u case.

Hey Guys i have to be in Montreal tomorrow evening , leave monday
morning , i told Bluzzi , full days but i may have a evening free
to dig one of your get togethers

regards Greg

Hey guys,

Here's a chance for us to meet and show someone some Montreal hospitality at the same time.

I'm in so lets see a show of hands and day of preference. I'm open for most evenings and afternoons on the weekend.

Jim

[quote author="Bluzzi"]Hey guys,

Here's a chance for us to meet and show someone some Montreal hospitality at the same time.

I'm in so lets see a show of hands and day of preference. I'm open for most evenings and afternoons on the weekend.

Jim[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'll only be back in Montreal Monday... :roll:

If you buy the Neumann W491 EQ.
Newark has the potentiometers for 8.01$.
Unfortunately theres no price break!
8.01 is a great price + no fees cuz its the canadian side!

Cheers.

Jorge, that's a good news... Have you got a # number ? I feel lazy today... :green:

You remind me I've ordered a few boards for this project... :wink:

eD

nope. just went guessing....actually i stumbled on them by mistake...i wasnt looking for them!
Too bad...i think the right ones go for 12-13$ .

My bad.

The potentiometers are the more expensive parts of this project...
Audiomaintenance has them.

Oh well, I've to finish my 2 x 1176 and my Poorman before even starting to think about this EQ... :grin:

eD

Hi all

Met Greg on Friday and had supper with him. We ended up walking up on St-Laurent blvd and stopped at MOOG Audio for a peak at their amps and guitars ( The SUHR Badger that Andy had at my place, is there if anyone wants to try it out).

We talked about our various projects, both past and present. Greg's got as many projects going on as he has finished so you see we ARE all the same!

I can tell you all he is as nice a guy in person as he is on line (awhh shucks).

Anyways, Greg sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday.

We can make Greg an honorary member of the Montreal DIY Group. We'll let you know when the next meeting is Greg! :wink:

Oh yes I almost forgot (this is for Greg) ..... ARMPIT !

Jim

Yeah i have to say , meeting the people here and getting a feel for how
others work is a great thing .
Bluzzi offered up some fine Montreal hosiptality [ no strip bars ]
you guys may have the biggest grp in Canada , i'm only sorry i couldn't
stay longer but the people helping people vibe is inspiring , Thanks Jim

let me know how i can return the favor , regards Greg
& keep d.i.y.ing everyone !

Hey Greg I hope you liked Montreal....is a nice city!

To Vertiges: I saw you bought 3 T pad for the 1176.....if you ever wanna sell me 1 please i would apreciate!

I was late to the Groupbuy!

Thanks

Back