Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="3nity"]Hey guys any of you has spares transistors for the 1176 Rev D??
I found them on Mouser only i try to avoid it!
[/quote]

I will make a Mouser order next week for the 1176D as well. I've got to check and recheck and re-re-check my BOM ! I can order a few more for you...

[quote author="3nity"]
IF interested: i'm ordering to Audio Maintenance very soon.
[/quote]

I'll probably buy the S800 EQ kit but I'm affraid there not available yet.

[quote author="3nity"]
One more question i need aluminium knobs for cheap if anyone knows where please let me know![/quote]

Addison ? Ebay ?

eD

Ebay yeah why i havent think about it!??
Adisson dont have natural aluminium neither aluminium!
Ed....if you can order to mouser im in for a reasonalbe order and split feees.!

[quote author="3nity"]
Ed....if you can order to mouser im in for a reasonalbe order and split feees.![/quote]

What do you mean by "reasonnable" order ? :wink:

I'm asking because for the shipping, Mouser offers a fixed rate of $20 including brokerage fees by Fedex.

BUT

1) Fedex will add $10 because they advance cash for you at the customs. (RSL Fees) . If you open an account with them, you won't have to pay that, your credit card will be billed directly.

2) Fedex will add $4.50 as "additional line entry charge" beginning from the 11th line (the first 10 are free). It means that if you have 25 different "types" of components, you'll get (25-10)x4.5=$67.5
It's quite easy to reach 25 lines with electronic components.

So for this Mouser order, I'll keep the "line count" under 10. I will order only the components I can't get at Digikey.

So if you come with a "big" order, we will explode the "10 lines count"... That's why I'm asking. :cry: If I've just to increase the quantity of a component that's all right.

Listen, I don't know my schedule for the next week yet, but :

I would like to try to make the "customs papers" myself for avoiding ALL the brokerage fees (and it would be so simpler to order everything I need at Mouser). It's not very difficult... But it will take a half day... I don't know yet if I will have time for that next week. If I can do that, there will be no problem anymore with the "line count".

I'll keep you posted,

eD

Vertiges, try Parts Connexion in Oakville

http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/NOSTubes.html

bought from them several times, great service, great price :roll: we're not at Addisson anymore

Andy

Hey Andy YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST ADISSON?
:green: :green:

I try to avoid it but when its a diode or Led its my choice. :thumb:

Nope, but I've given up on installing 2 30" subwoofers in a 32" wide trunk which makes me an outcast when battling for a parking spot (if yo no whadddamean) and the last 2 times the components in the bag weren't what I thought I was buying...Addisson is cheap, gas from St-Sauveur isn't.

Andy

Hi,

I've talked with Fedex, I've been told that I can't do the customs papers by myself if the package has a value under $ 1600. :evil:

I'm talking with Mouser right now for seeing if USPS can be used instead of FEDEX. :roll:

eD

EDITED : I've got the answer from MOUSER, you can use USPS for order under $300.00 USD. That's a good news !

I'm gonna order some SIFAM meters for my two 1176.
Anybody interested ? I'm gonna buy them at Canford.co.uk unless somebody has a better ressource.

Thank you,

eD

[quote author="3nity"]Why dont you use the JLM audio clones?
They are cheap and look very nice![/quote]

...because of this threat

search the "quote" form Keith.

eD

I don't think that is actually true. I'd call customs to verify. In actuality the goods belong to YOU not FedeX so they provide a service for you and it should be your choice.

One scenario is that you have your own customs broker. So what happens then they force you to have them do it?

Sounds like intimidation to me.

Actually I just called FedeX to verify. Here is the info I got.
Express shipments come through Mirabel so you ahve to clear rthem there. Ground is cleared at Dorval customs. All you have to do is call there office with the package ID / tracking number and advise them who will be clearing (you or someone else).

Jim

[quote author="vertiges"]Hi,

I've talked with Fedex, I've been told that I can't do the customs papers by myself if the package has a value under $ 1600. :evil:

I'm talking with Mouser right now for seeing if USPS can be used instead of FEDEX. :roll:

eD

EDITED : I've got the answer from MOUSER, you can use USPS for order under $300.00 USD. That's a good news ![/quote]

[quote author="Bluzzi"]I don't think that is actually true. I'd call customs to verify. In actuality the goods belong to YOU not FedeX so they provide a service for you and it should be your choice.

One scenario is that you have your own customs broker. So what happens then they force you to have them do it?

Sounds like intimidation to me.

Actually I just called FedeX to verify. Here is the info I got.
Express shipments come through Mirabel so you ahve to clear rthem there. Ground is cleared at Dorval customs. All you have to do is call there office with the package ID / tracking number and advise them who will be clearing (you or someone else).

Jim
[/quote]

Jim,

I'm really piss*d off !!! Fu*k them ! :mad:
I asked the guy at least 3 times because I was sure it was possible with UPS ! It's a pity I don't have the name of the guy.

The next time I have to ask a question to any customer service I will dial three times in a row for getting three different persons for being sure I get the RIGHT answer ! :mad:

Thank you for the infos Jim !

You are damn right : the goods belong to you !

There is an interesting post form 'habernac' here

Anyway for my next order at Mouser it will be USPS !

eD

Back