my distortion figures going lower at final output stage!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Webster has a sympathetic view to the different spellings but Oxford and Cambridge ignore buss.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/plural-of-bus
http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/spellcheck/english/?q=buss
'Busses' has always been an accepted spelling for the plural along with 'buses' (both valid spellings AFAIK).

I personally use buses, to reduce confusion about how to spell the singular. It is easy to ASSume that the singular of busses, is buss, while nobody ASSumes the singular of buses is buss.

JR

PS Still sorry about the veer

Ther is really a difference between English and American there, but contrary to "popular belief" buss seems to be banned from the two most respected English dictionaries.
No problem with the veer; I constantly keep saying strict terminology is essential in science. But maybe the rest of the group is bored to death...

> you knew what i meant by Albicurky, even though it was mispeled. thus, communication was complete

Yes, but it took me a second. This thread has been viewed 283 times. Assuming the average response time is similar to mine (may be much slower for non-US members), that is almost 4 minutes of valuable human brain power wasted on a mis-spelling. If you wanted, you could have spelled it right in 10 seconds, saving 270 seconds for everybody combined.

I would prefer "obvious" spellings on forums just so we don't waste each other's time.

(But your odd spelling did give me an opening for this rant.)

As for Buss and Phase.... I think that Greyhound left a long time ago.

Albicurky was mispelled because we did not know how to spell it in the first place, opening up a new window to google albicurky would have wasted 2 minutes, so who wins?  ;D

now, about that negative feedback showing up at the output stage, how did that happen?

CJ said:
now, about that negative feedback showing up at the output stage, how did that happen?

Lucky though unintended feedback through power supply line modulation?

Does effect change significantly over different load impedances? This would indicate it...

Jakob E.

CJ said:
I believe we would have a better chance to answer that if we had a schemo including all connections.
But probably the OP is gone somewhere else because of the hijacking of his thread...  :D

abbey road d enfer said:
I believe we would have a better chance to answer that if we had a schemo including all connections.
But probably the OP is gone somewhere else because of the hijacking of his thread...  :D

this is a public forum, i am not gonna complain about hijacking... thats cool!
i will try post schematic and block diagram etc, later, it a mess right now...

i have another question at, may be help with that  ;)
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=65036.0

Back