My New Chip! PCM1865 4ch ADC!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
Hello folks,

I announced my previous effort here on groupdiy a few years ago - the PCM5102 DAC. (http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44498.0)

Well, I'm back again, this time, with a new 110dB 4ch ADC... the PCM1865!
PCM1865.jpg

http://www.ti.com/product/pcm1865

110dB Differential Input ADC, with an integrated Programmable Gain Amplifier and an Automatic Clipping Suppressor (Limiter style). Also has things like a PLL, so your clocking becomes WAY easier. We also integrated some really smart lower power auto-sleep and auto-wakeup stuff that can be used to set your entire system to sleep.

This guy has been a long time in the making, and it's had a lot of adventures along the way, but it's finally here... and I think there's some cool features in here that'll help it fit in pro / prosumer gear. The Auto Clipping detector allows you to run you signal way hotter without worrying about significant clipping. Think of it as a drummers delight!  ;D

You can also use the same feature to "auto" switch input sensitivity between 1VRMS inputs and 2VRMS inputs.

I've scrubbed the datasheet so many times, my eyes hurt, but I've no doubt there's an odd thing here or there. Be gentle guys - and submit feedback through the official channels (click in the PDF) so that the changes get made!  :p

Anyway, if any of you have Q's about the part, let me know.

Expat Audio will have a board based on this part very very soon. Just gotta design it. (now that I have time!). I welcome ideas.

/R

Attachments

• 186xforgroupdiy.gif
    186xforgroupdiy.gif
    62.5 KB · Views: 55
Rochey, I think the symbol in the SNR spec line should be  ">", thus making the line read "SNR is greater than 109 dB".

Or maybe my coffee hasn't fully kicked in yet...

Bri

Rochey, yus guys going to integrate 4 x PGA2500 preamps and some control logic for matched 4 channel gain .. oh! and Class 1 generic USB into this new product?  :D

ricardo Calrec Soundfield/TetraMic Lee

PS  44.1kHz & 48kHz 24b will do.

PPS Hand carved by Texas virgins from solid Unobtainium of course.

ricardo said:
Rochey, yus guys going to integrate 4 x PGA2500 preamps and some control logic for matched 4 channel gain .. oh! and Class 1 generic USB into this new product?  :D

If there was ever a way to pay for the development of a chip like that... i think it could be done... but chip development AINT cheap!

ricardo said:

Rochey said:
If there was ever a way to pay for the development of a chip like that... i think it could be done... but chip development AINT cheap!
I was thinking of an Expat Audio product  ;D

Rochey said:
Expat Audio product is a very slow process... I think you will have retired before you see a product like that from EA!
Du..uh!  I HAVE retired .. unless you mean retirement from my present beach bum existence  ;D

Latest posts

Back