Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the capacitors have gone we will stop doing them as a kit.... it will just be individual switches, transformers and inductors.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Quick question,
I searched 445-2492-ND and didn't find it on Farnells website

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?lang=en&site=US&WT.z_homepage_link=hp_go_button&KeyWords=445-2492-ND+&x=26&y=13

Do you have any idea? Because I would like to buy it from EU.
Thanks,

EDIT:
Ok, I found it but it's expensive :eek: :eek: :eek:  http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=1547749

Slenderchap said:
Once the capacitors have gone we will stop doing them as a kit.... it will just be individual switches, transformers and inductors.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com
ok, i'm nearing funds for my order, what capacitors are in the kit?

If you click on the photo in the on-line store it will give you details..... that is generally true of all the photos..... (although some just bring up a larger image with no extra info)....

"Details: Click on image for kit list / information" written directly below the image is a bit of a hint...

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Sorry, my fault I was thinking about the LAZ EQN kit.... I should try reading the title of this thread (it is a bit of a hint)... There are no capacitors in the NV73 kit.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

I bought some marconi knobs from AMS Neve. Lovely, however I cannot for the life of me put them on. The screw are loosened completely, but I think the diameters are off. How'd you get yours on Peter?

-Brice

BUMP!!!!

What I mean to say is the hole on the knob is too small! It's definitely the 1/4" size but it's just a tad too small. Is anyone else having this problem? And any solutions? I'd love to finally finish these guys.

-Brice

funkymonksf said:
It's definitely the 1/4" size but it's just a tad too small.

It's probably 6mm, 1/4" is 6.35, that's why it won't fit. Sorry to break it to you, but either the pot or the knob will have to change unless you feel like getting handy with a drill bit or some sandpaper.

right, all i'm missing now is the relays. can somebody help me with them?
i have looked at the ones on ebay, i'm not even sure i know what i'm looking at/for and mouser is out of stock on this one.

are the requirements critical? any good substitutes?
cheers

kepeb said:
i have looked at the ones on ebay, i'm not even sure i know what i'm looking at/for and mouser is out of stock on this one.

cheers
I got mine from Digikey. Download my word file which has it listed in there in my journey thread.

Did everyone else get their Marconi knobs from AMS Neve? David? If so I am very interested to figure why mine don't fit. I may have to file I guess, but maybe there is another size more suited to the 1/4" grayhill switch?

-Brice

funkymonksf said:
Did everyone else get their Marconi knobs from AMS Neve? David? If so I am very interested to figure why mine don't fit. I may have to file I guess, but maybe there is another size more suited to the 1/4" grayhill switch?

-Brice

Hi Brice,
The knobs I find, are a bit hit and miss and officially they don't do imperial sizes anymore. (Though sometimes you do get 1/4inch sent)

I've been using a good ol cheap dremel on the shaft of the switch. About 7 mins and does the trick perfect. Also has the advantage that you can be really precise, so the knob is really tight on the shaft (in comparison to a true 1/4inch knob on 1/4inch shaft)

I did ask about a 6mm shaft custom switch from Grayhill but as it turned out to be dearer than Audio Maintenance's, and also, not everyone uses the Marconis, I decided not to get them.

For the small pot, I can't see any similar in 3mm so for this to fit in the small grey knob, I just use a small hand file, very lightly, for about 2 mins.... and job done.

kepeb said:

cheers

Are you using the +-16V rails or 24V 51X?  If it's the 24V then I'd say you can use a couple of alternatives: 
AGQ20024, IM07TS

For API standards, you need to the AGQ26024 to keep current down.

Can someone tell me where F1 is on the main PCB? It's listed on the parts list under PSU (Main PCB), but I'm going blind trying to find it. I see F2, but not F1.

Neil said:
Can someone tell me where F1 is on the main PCB? It's listed on the parts list under PSU (Main PCB), but I'm going blind trying to find it. I see F2, but not F1.

Ah, bit confusing... the 'jumper' to select between 24V operation or +-16V operation is where F1 goes.
Should have put F1 in brackets on PCB or something

onlymeeee said:
Ah, bit confusing... the 'jumper' to select between 24V operation or +-16V operation is where F1 goes.
Should have put F1 in brackets on PCB or something

Wait, so we use the fuse to jumper it? I thought that was for a piece of wire or a piece of cut-off resistor leg-?

Neil said:
Ok. What's the downside to leaving it?

Well, I think you're using the +-16V rails?  So you'll have a fuse on the negative rail anyway (as the circuit uses that as the return - over the full 32V) so if something goes wrong with the small psu board or main board, that fuse will take care of it.    Your confidence at desoldering would determine it for me.  If you're anything but 100% sure you can whack it out of there easy, I'd leave it. 

Latest posts

Back