Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheGuitarist said:
Cool, good to know there is definately space for one then. Bit of a deal breaker for me personally.

One of those nice small bourns pots fit nicely.
Got the pot and Neve trim knob.. went to drill it and fit it in to show you and my drill's broke!   

...now to find a 'diy drills' forum...

onlymeee, any possibility that you will be selling models with the hole for the trim pot in there already straight from the metal factory?

Also the option to add a DI section?

canidoit said:
onlymeee, any possibility that you will be selling models with the hole for the trim pot in there already straight from the metal factory?

Also the option to add a DI section?

Possibly.  Only problem would be if people want different pots (diff sizes etc.) I'll look into it.

DI section won't be on this version, but maybe one day in future. 

The knobs, I got from Neve about £30ish

Waiting to hear from PCB and metal work guys for this run. So let you know prices then

So, I've drilled and wired up an output pot. i'll be ordering the metal work with the hole drilled and I'm going to add a few dots and 0dB etc silkscreen.  Works like a charm. I'll be ordering this week, soon as.

2n8xwkh.jpg

Im not at all downing your design, but what kind of pre comes without a flux capacitor? :p That is one sharp looking pre and the trim was icing on the cake. Great job!!!!!

onlymeeee said:
So, I've drilled and wired up an output pot. i'll be ordering the metal work with the hole drilled and I'm going to add a few dots and 0dB etc silkscreen.  Works like a charm. I'll be ordering this week, soon as.

2n8xwkh.jpg
Will you be able to do a full package kit where everything is included to build this unit, including, resistors, caps, transformers, knobs, etc.

I and maybe others, would be interested in a full kit and then when you make your next parts purchase, you could include ours, or Il take your back up parts that you have already bought for this build?  ;)

canidoit said:
Will you be able to do a full package kit where everything is included to build this unit, including, resistors, caps, transformers, knobs, etc.

I and maybe others, would be interested in a full kit and then when you make your next parts purchase, you could include ours, or Il take your back up parts that you have already bought for this build?  ;)

I can't do kits at the moment. But to order yourself, it'll be easy.  import resistors, caps etc. into mouser at one go.  traffos from Audio Maintenance. Knobs from Neve. 

deuc224 said:
Im not at all downing your design, but what kind of pre comes without a flux capacitor? :p

Gotta keep some stuff for the next revision! 

onlymeeee said:
mylesgm said:
definitely in for at least a pair... can we get the knobs in the kit too?

M

Will have to get those from Neve for the time being.  Unfortunately a bit costly!

I can't find them on the ams/neve site, is there a special link or did you enquire by email?
How much are those knobs (gain and trim)?

also lookin forward to this becoming available!  :D

You have to email their sales dept and they'll ask for your information. They are 23 GBP each plus 10 GBP to ship to the states..  I am going to order mine now, so when these lovely kits are released I'm ready!

Onlymeeee: what is the eta on the kits? Any idea when you'll start a list?

Well, metal workers say 3 weeks wait, which if they stick to it (small miracle!)  then we're all good from then.  PCBs will come in next couple of weeks.  As will all other hardware, etc.
So fingers crossed a small army of pres will be in action round the world by a months time. 

Wasn't planning on doing a list as such.  Thought, just wait until everything is in and then let people just order and pay then. That way I can finalise pricing once I have everything in, rather than before things get stuck in volcanic ash and I have to reorder shipments etc etc  !

Holy crap, I don't know how this post slipped by me for all this time, but I'm am SUPER excited. I'd be in for at least 2 but probably more like 4 or 8. Amazing work! This place never ceases to amaze me.

Back