New Chinese U47fet body manufacturer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an offer from Shuai Yin. I will skip it for now, the bodies are around 140$ + shipping + customs... They don't have many 47 fet bodies in stock right now, but they say more are on the way. They do 414 and m49 as well. It seems to be the United body. I don'd like the upper part of the grille looks a bit ugly, sticking out too much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002_180629.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002_180629.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20221002_180345.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002_180345.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20221002_180329.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002_180329.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20221002_180317.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002_180317.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 7
Thank you so much for sharing.

I like the 414 type body, it looks pretty cool, nice to make some vintage correct 414 microphones, those sounded great (I have the new XLII and TLII versions and I really don't like them)

Also the FET47 type body looks great

I got an offer from Shuai Yin. I will skip it for now, the bodies are around 140$ + shipping + customs... They don't have many 47 fet bodies in stock right now, but they say more are on the way. They do 414 and m49 as well. It seems to be the United body. I don'd like the upper part of the grille looks a bit ugly, sticking out too much.
Wow, they look great and the prices seems decent ?

Hi @kingkorg You know if the fet47 bodies are still in stock ?

If someone could mail me a real 47 fet body to take measurements of I could get it made. Price for me would be about 60 a piece, so maybe I could do a hundred on them. Could be lower, not really sure how the fet is put together
I could probably be in for 4 ( to pair with your k47s !!!! ).

I could probably be in for 4 ( to pair with your k47s !!!! ).
that makes interest for 20...might be able to do it cheaper. i'll wait for someone to lend me one. would just need them to safely take the internals out of a fet, mail me the body and i'll mail it right back. they could also just send the entire mic i suppose, but i'd rather they handle the risky stuff...

appreciate the interest, but i don't even have someone to lend me a u47fet body to copy yet. i would prefer it be a reissue, as they fixed some issues with the body in the reissue that I wouldn't want to run into on my model.

Last edited:
appreciate the interest, but i don't even have someone to lend me a u47fet body to copy yet. i would prefer it be a reissue

Hi mate, I'm sure no one will mail an Original Neumann U47fet mic or body to someone else. It's a 3750€ microphone (higher value if its a vintage one), people will not want to lend a mic like that to someone they don't know, specially by mail.

Best option is if you can get one locally or visit a local studio that has one.
Do you have any studio in your area that owns a U47Fet?
It could be just a matter to ask the studio manager to go there and take the measurements on the spot

If you by any reason come to Portugal in the near future, I know 2 studios around with 47Fet mics and I could ask for us to go there take measurements

Last edited:
Hi mate, I'm sure no one will mail an Original Neumann U47fet mic or body to someone else. It's a 3750€ microphone (higher value if its a vintage one), people will not want to lend a mic like that to someone they don't know, specially by mail.

Best option is if you can get one locally or visit a local studio that has one.
Do you have any studio in your area that owns a U47Fet?
It could be just a matter to ask the studio manager to go there and take the measurements on the spot

If you by any reason come to Portugal in the near future, I know 2 studio around with 47Fet mics and I could ask for us to go there take measurements
i mean, if someone were to lend me one, it would be done properly ideally, like with a carnet and tons of insurance and probably a legally binding contract and a deposit, but i am already looking around for other ways to find one locally.

but i am already looking around for other ways to find one locally.

Well, if you send me a document detailing all the measurements you need I think I can find a way of taking those measurements.
Those would be done in an Vintage 47Fet and not in a reissue, as I don't know anyone with a reissue just vintage models

i mean, if someone were to lend me one, it would be done properly ideally, like with a carnet and tons of insurance and probably a legally binding contract and a deposit, but i am already looking around for other ways to find one locally.
I’ve got a message out for one now. I’ll report back.

Latest posts

Back